The Dark Knight Rises Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I don't Bane breaking Batman's back is simple: Regardless how long it takes realisticlly or not, it still means that Bruce is out of commission for lenghty period of time in the film. With this being Nolan's last Bat flick, you don't want to pull what Spider-Man 3 did to James Franco: Have him in the side lines for the majority of the film despite his arc.

Yup. :up:

Another point I can't wrap my head around - let's call the movie 2 1/2 hours:
Within first 30: Broken Bat.
Next hour: Bane takes Gotham, we watch Bruce rehabilitate.
Last hour: Batman comes back - let's hope not in the actual Knightfall (John Paul) fashion.

However, as I write this, we did wait a good hour in BB, before we saw Batman.

Hurm. . just dunno.

Wow you guys do know that Batman doesnt have to be laid up during the movie, hench Bane breaks batmans back bottom of screen 6 months later we see a deteriorating Gotham controlled by Bane!

I'd leave the whole back breaking for the climax. Have him attempt it, lifting Batman over his head and when he's about to break his back, have Catwoman intervene and save Batman.

We need to see him do it to someone.

Wow you guys do know that Batman doesnt have to be laid up during the movie, hench Bane breaks batmans back bottom of screen 6 months later we see a deteriorating Gotham controlled by Bane!

Nolan doesn't strike me as a "six-months-later" type of director. However, I will not rule out your point.

That would seem really lame though. Having Bane break Batman's back, only to have it brushed aside with a quick "Six months later" scene.

I just can't see Nolan skipping 6 months, then reveal what Bane has done to Gotham.

It's just a retrend of Batman Begins, when Bruce came back to Gotham to see how even more corrupt Gotham has gotten.

Should we be worried about Azrael? Seriously, does anyone even remember him? Also, will the new batsuit resemble the terrible mecha suit that Az-Bats wore? Just curious.

I'm watching Bronson again and it actually gets better with multiple viewings.

Actually it would be better to see Gotham less corrupt after Bane took control. Throw some of the Red Hood storyline in there. Bane seized control of organised crime, it's still as brutal as ever, but crime would still have gone down somewhat, because, for example, drugs aren't getting sold to kids anymore.

Burton's Penguin was a freak with webbed hands that lived in an underground 'zoo' lair and ate raw fish. Not to mention he bled green goo when he died. There was quite alot wrong with him.

He was also a tragic kid who was forced to live in the sewers. See, that's just it, I loved that interpretation of the Penguin. Sure, it wasn't exactly taken from the comics but the way Burton highlighted his deformity made him unique among the other rogues in my view. I watched that as a kid and even then I was like "that's good, the dude died, he's outta his misery now."

No wonder parents went on to make a fuss about the film. It really was dark.

Actually it would be better to see Gotham less corrupt after Bane took control. Throw some of the Red Hood storyline in there. Bane seized control of organised crime, it's still as brutal as ever, but crime would still have gone down somewhat, because, for example, drugs aren't getting sold to kids anymore.

I think a lot of that was in Knightfall to begin with, so yeah no doubt it'll work. We really don't need to bring Jaso....errr....I mean... Robin Hood...HOOD! Red Hood. Into this.

That would seem really lame though. Having Bane break Batman's back, only to have it brushed aside with a quick "Six months later" scene.

I'm not convinced that we really need to see Bane break Bruce's back. Audiences are going to be pretty shocked/amazed if this crazed, muscle-bound villain (who is also incredibly intelligent) picks anyone up and literally snaps them in half.

The threat that he could do it to Batman as well makes him very menacing in the eyes of the audience. He could just do it to a Cop or gangster when we first see him on screen. That would set the tone that he's a bad mofo pretty early.

Also, 6 months to be fit and Batman after a BROKEN BACK!?!? In what World!?!?
I'm with you Nathan; lame.

I think Bane needs to show who's boss and do something bad to one of the characters that we know and love.

Does Bane run around and break everyone's back though? I was under the assumption that he only does that to worthy opponents.

I'm in favour of that idea someone posted in the other thread. The movie begins with Bruce's recovery from the broken back and he has a long flashback showing how it happened, so by the time Batman is back in his prime we'll still have seen a lot of him already due to Nolan's non-linear storytelling.

At this stage, Bane undoing Batman's heroic sacrifice at the end of TDK will seem crushing as it is since it will destroy a central thing established in the last film - that Batman, Gordon and Dent DID clean up Gotham.

Or he could just unmask Batman.

I'm in favour of that idea someone posted in the other thread. The movie begins with Bruce's recovery from the broken back and he has a long flashback showing how it happened, so by the time Batman is back in his prime we'll still have seen a lot of him already due to Nolan's non-linear storytelling.

That could work wonderfully, especially if the format is distorted beyond that. It would be classic.

But I would love Nolan to simply construct a story like TDK or INCEPTION, which is linear, but still really focused on plot - progression and refuses its grip on the audience.

You also have to factor that Batman's name needs to be cleared somehow..

And raybia, I appreciate the support bud. I've been a lurker for years, but just decided to get in on the action. It's really the only thing that keeps me not thinking about my eager anticipation for the next bit of news..

:up:

^Octoberist not necessarily. He's probably a lot more effective as a vigilante who is wiling to kill than as a symbol of hope - his mission is primarily to stop criminals right? Besides, I'd like it if the people only got a taste of what really happened - the 'redemption' (if any) works better if it comes from a slow shift from "He killed all those people!" to "Can this guy really be a murderer? Do I want to know?" But thems just my opinion.

By the way to all you who love ripping Jett.

He was right when he said Hardy was NOT going to play Hugo Strange and many of you chose not believe him. :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"