Eternals Barry Keoghan is DRUIG

Barry Keoghan is a unlikely choice for Druig but he does have a creepy vibe that could work for the character if his the films villain.

It’s wonderful to see him continue to get roles. He’s very talented. Can’t wait to see what he does

He is of a different age range and looks totally different from his comic counterpart. It's a really odd casting that I don't understand but it appears they're doing their own character. The visual up on stage gives kind of a vibe for what they're going for with the look of the character but I'm still quite perplexed by why they don't just call him by another name or more specifically why they call this character Druig or how he's going to be similar.:shrug:

Well Salma Hayek looks nothing like Ajak so as the actress they hired to play as Makkari.

I recall some speculation earlier that he was playing Starfox. Didn't really see it...they'd have gone for a pretty boy for that character.

He is of a different age range and looks totally different from his comic counterpart. It's a really odd casting that I don't understand but it appears they're doing their own character. The visual up on stage gives kind of a vibe for what they're going for with the look of the character but I'm still quite perplexed by why they don't just call him by another name or more specifically why they call this character Druig or how he's going to be similar.:shrug:

Gotta say with all the changes to characters in every mcu movie to date it's kinda strange that this obscure character is the one you find baffling lol.

Gotta say with all the changes to characters in every mcu movie to date it's kinda strange that this obscure character is the one you find baffling lol.

This character was just announced at D23 so that's why.

I'm open to a re-interpretation but I'm stating the obvious wondering what others think of this.

Overall, ignoring the comic counterpart I think the vibe I'm getting from the costume visual and presentation on-stage at both events is that Marvel is focusing on a family dynamic here similar to Inhumans. Druig perhaps takes the part of the insolent younger Eternal with ambitions is kind of the vibe I'm getting guessing that he'll probably have a villain turn only later in the film.

I recall some speculation earlier that he was playing Starfox. Didn't really see it...they'd have gone for a pretty boy for that character.

I think he’s quite pretty. I think the idea of beauty is a lot broader than most people think.

Do you think he’s the big bad of the movie?

I think he’s quite pretty. I think the idea of beauty is a lot broader than most people think.

Well it's definitely in the eye of the beholder as they say. I just think they would've gone for a more typical Hollywood pretty boy if he was to play Starfox. I'm sure someone finds Lena Dunham attractive but I don't think they would cast her as Amora the Enchantress.

Do you think he’s the big bad of the movie?

I don't know if he'll be the main villain, but I do think he will be a villain, possibly in league with someone else. The Deviants are typically the antagonist to the Eternals so maybe he switches sides or something. He's a bad guy in the comics but obviously they're changing this up a lot from the comics, so who knows. There has been no news on the Deviants yet, to my knowledge.

Are we still thinking he’s a villain after the teaser? Kinda 50/50 on that right now.

I also loved Druig and thought he was the standout in the cast, Keoghan was great and actually brought some life to his character I can't wait to see what they do next with him.

Loved Barry as Druig. I was expecting him to be a bad guy like in the comics so this interpretation was a pleasant surprise. And they definitely play with that interpretation. I love Keoghan though so I think I’m just happy he didn’t end up evil and dead :funny:.

I mean, he was a telepathic conqueror who ruled people by right of his power. So, arguably he was *sort of* a villain. . . *ahem*

I was really distracted by his accent, like he had a mothball in his mouth.

I mean, he was a telepathic conqueror who ruled people by right of his power. So, arguably he was *sort of* a villain. . . *ahem*

Although he did so solely to stop humans from constantly killing each other. It's hard to imagine not being tempted to do the same thing with that kind of superpower. Just walk into a war torn country and make everyone chill the **** out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"