Barry Keoghan is DRUIG

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by psylockolussus, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Yeah like a really thick Dublin accent

2. Bren Forevernoob

I kinda liked him... Was a bit weird. Accent was quite hard to get through but I found it cool and interesting.

What I liked was that even though mind control is 'bad', his initial portrayal came across as just trying to get the humans to stop fighting.

The village, however, was off putting. Difficult to see past him being a cult leaderish figure there.

Question... I'm assuming he commanded the humans to fight under the assumption the Deviants were there to kill the humans (so running would be pointless)..?

Enjoyed the film enough to comment on a forum but not enough to watch it again for a while hahaha

3. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure Druig was always meant in the story to be an ambiguous figure. Sympathetic, yes, but also "This is ultimately what interventionism means, in its full form". Your supposed to realize what the cost would be, whether you ultimately agree with him or not.

I'm pretty sure Druig himself is supposed to have had the same realization, hence why his rulership had limited scope. He realized the cost of Government By Telepathic God-King, and wasn't willing to pay it beyond the degree he already had to. His present day scenes gave me a very "you broke it you buy it" sense- he rules his little secret society because he *already* claimed them, they were his responsibility.

chintai80 likes this.
  4. Drizzle The Man Without Shame

The more I've watched it since it's been on D+, the more I'm finding Druig to be maybe the most interesting character in the movie.