batgirl stand alone movie idea

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by anrrd_2, Dec 3, 2007.

1. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

while i firmly believe that batgirl has no place in the nolan films....i do believe that their is potential for a stand alone movie.

for any of you out their that havent read batgirl: destructions daughter, i strongly recommend it. it is batgirls (cassandra cain, not barbara gordon) quest to find out about her past.... she finds out that her father was the greatest assassin on the planet and forced a beautiful and talented martial artist to either give him a vhild or die a gorrific death. thus comes cassandra, raised to know nothing other than fighting. she cant read, write, or even speak.

its a very somber story...very little camp (only the part about freeze and his wife)

thoughts???

2. GL1 It's pronounced "glee"

I'd love it, but I also know that "the fans" want Barbara, Barbara and only Barbara... who, in Nolanverse, has ZERO potential to be a standalone hero, unless she does so all from the comfort of her computer desk.

I'd love to see a Cassandra Cain movie, though, and that would be a great one. I just don't think vocal purists could stand to have it called "Batgirl."

But then again, who cares what they say? This would own. Dark, intense martial arts, in it's own way realer AND more comic-based than the emo flying Bruce from Batman Begins.

3. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

it could be called "cain" or "destructions daughter'....but just "batgirl" would be the best

4. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I dont know. I think having it about someone other than barbara as well as a stand alone flick for an auxilery batman character is really risky. That has the potential to be Catwoman bad

5. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

but also the potential to be batman begins good....

6. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

a few examples of cassandras bad-ass....ness...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ya thats her dodging bats like hes a child....DAMN!

you cant say theirs not potential here, she not barbara....but i think thats a good thing. cassandra has more depth.

7. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

one more
    [​IMG]

winner of the "suckiest dad" award winner right there.

8. jmc away for a while

As good as the idea sounds, I doubt the Barbara Gordon fans would accept it, to many she is and will always be Batgirl.

9. GL1 It's pronounced "glee"

I recant. I thought that purists would have a cow, but, honestly... I don't seem to see any, everyone's saying "They" won't like it, but everyone here seems to be tolerant of the idea.

And lets face it, a standalone Barbara Batgirl movie, especially in the Begins universe, is absolutely SILLY. Untrained teenagers can't suit up and fight crime hand to hand... it's not going to happen.

But this actually could. I'd love it. Kids would love it. Teenagers would love it. Parents would love it. Young adults would be interested. Old School heads would be intrigued. The press would have a field day with it. The emotional weight is there. The Action is there. The realism is there.

Let's face it guys: It's a great idea.

Let the Barbara Gordon fans come and protest themselves. Perhaps they'd rather have no movie than a good movie without Barbara?

10. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

thank you. im rather proud of it. im even considering buying destructions daughter and one year later and trying my hand at writing a screenplay...

also, it took me some time but i found the frames from destructions daughter where batgirl fights lady shiva. i was going to post them but their are some major spoilers involved.....

11. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

ok, since this thread has pretty much died....here are some pics of cass fighting lady shiva in "batgirl: destructions daughter"....shiva is cassies cassies biological mother, for those of you that didnt know
    bare foot and ready to kick ass
    [​IMG]
    sorry, i couldnt find the pics of most of the fight....but here is the end result...

damn!
    [​IMG]
    what comes next?!?
    [​IMG]
    DAMN AGAIN!
    [​IMG]
    lo siento madre....
    [​IMG]
    heh...she smiles just alittle
    [​IMG]

12. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

wow.... you guys make me sad. ok heres some more kick ass cassandra cain to try put the fire back in your undergotchies!!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

i planning on writing a screen play for a cassie/batgirl movie....probably spanning over 3 films.....this is what i had planned, but i am open to suggestions and story ideas.

pt1. an origin story....starting with a young (16ish) cassandra walking the streets alone. we learn (from the narrator) that she cant read, write, or even talk. all she knows of fighting.

throughout the film their are flashbacks (quick frame shots, almost like a strike of lightining) to her childhood and what her falther did to her (the "two for flinching" game, her first kill, etc).

the movie is going to be mostly about cassandra confronting her internal demons (her grief over killing a man)...and in doing so, confronting her father (i will try to avoid any starwars-ish moments). in the end she beats him, but will not kill him. he is then takin away to prison.

cassie learns that, despite what she has learned, that her mother is alive... leave an open ending for a sequel

the 2nd movie would be about her finding put about her mother....i would follow the "destructions daughter" story very closely in this one....

...the movie would end with cassie putting lady shiva on the meat hook and walking away saying nothing except "sorry mom". a long silence (except the score in the backround) as she walks away, she stops for a moment...drops her cowl at her side as her thoughts narrate something to the effect of "a weapon born? maybe so...i am batgirl no longer...call me...Cain" [fade to black]

the third if i decide to take it that far will be about her taking over the league of shadows. becoming a villian....and batman and knightwing confronting her. i think i will write this one only because i have been wanting to see deathstroke in a movie for a long long time.

im thinking maybe camilla belle for cassie and mickey rourke for david cain?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. baTT Shark Repellent Supplier

Nowhere near strong enough of a character to have her own film. As far as cinema goes Batgirl got burned pretty bad with her last appearance and she just doesn't have it to stand alone in a movie.

14. Two-Face Harvey Dent

I could see it happening long as it's not like Catwoman movie.

15. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

have you read any of her stories? this isnt barbara gordon...or that made up character from B&R. cassandra cain has story that is just as deep as nightwing or even bruce! bruce lost his parents in a trajic accident, cassie never even had them. bruce knows loss...cassie doesnt even know what its like to have.

she is an incredibly complex character....

HELL NO! it would be darker, more sureal, and most importantly...true to the character.

16. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

so its been awhile since i started this thread...honestly i had hoped it would take off alittle more tha it did....so im here to bump it, check it out and let me know what you think.

17. DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

Hmmm... this is a possibility, I think I might like this idea, if they cast the right actress.

18. anrrd_2 YA POOZERS!

yay for possitive feedback!