Batlefield 3 vs MW3

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Wich will win?
Batlefield 3 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3?
Wich one will most people buy?
BF3 was designed to take Call of Duty down, can EA do it?
The previous Batlefield games also had great graphics but CoD always defeated them.
I think BF3 was more publicised than the previous ones, and maybe that's enough to defeat CoD.
What do you all think?

I think that this is an interesting debate with the poll included so I'm keeping it separate for the time being.

If I had to choose, I'd go with Battlefield 3. Call of Duty is getting tainted by the simple fact that Activision sees it as nothing but a cash cow to milk. And eventually just like with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero, Call of Duty will eventually crash and burn. With Battlefield on the other hand, EA is really trying to put out a Call of Duty killer, and it looks like they're putting in the effort to do so.

Which will sell better? CoD. I voted Battlefield bc Im sick of the CoD series

I think cod will sell better, I mean the sheep have to have that new cod but I think bf3 will get much better review scores

I think cod will sell better, I mean the sheep have to have that new cod but I think bf3 will get much better review scores

No need to for name calling Pat, if people want to buy COD let them, it's no skin off your back right?

I think that this is an interesting debate with the poll included so I'm keeping it separate for the time being.

If I had to choose, I'd go with Battlefield 3. Call of Duty is getting tainted by the simple fact that Activision sees it as nothing but a cash cow to milk. And eventually just like with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero, Call of Duty will eventually crash and burn. With Battlefield on the other hand, EA is really trying to put out a Call of Duty killer, and it looks like they're putting in the effort to do so.

When did EA get a free pass? They milk the **** out of every sports game they release. So in my eyes they're no different than Activision.

No need to for name calling Pat, if people want to buy COD let them, it's no skin off your back right?

true and I didn't mean much harm by it but c'mon. activision knows the name cod sells, regardless of the content. it's just the "thing to do". everyone has to get "that new cod". I hear it from my customers all the time

When did EA get a free pass? They milk the **** out of every sports game they release. So in my eyes they're no different than Activision.

I think sports are a different beast tho(there's an NFL/NBA/NHL/ season every year), plus every company that produces sports games do that

Last edited:
true and I didn't mean much harm by it but c'mon. activision knows the name cod sells, regardless of the content. it's just the "thing to do". everyone has to get "that new cod". I hear it from my customers all the time

Activision is no different than EA. Both companies know their games will sell regardless of the content.

I'm the only one who voted for MW3?

IMO that game is just more fun. I don't really dig the BF MP. All those vehicles, running for 2 minutes to find the enemy, and emphasis on teamwork doesn't fit my playstyle.

And No BF won't defeat CoD in sales. The last two games have made over a billion dollars each.

Last edited:
I think both games will be great and i will be getting cod just because i like way it feels better. Although i thought both demos were boring. The tank sequence sucked as did the swimming to the sub

Because the sports games industry is designed with annual releases, meanwhile Activision screwed over the creators of Call of Duty and hand it over to developers with less talent just so they can pump it out.

I think sports are a different beast tho(there's an NFL/NBA/NHL/ season every year), plus every company that produces sports games do that

That's true but with every game they release they never change enough to warrant spending the kind of coin they're charging.

You basically pay 60 bucks for updated rosters.

Activision is no different than EA. Both companies know their games will sell regardless of the content.

I disagree. I think activisiosn is FAR more concerned with the bottom line than actually delivering a well developed game. it's why damn near all of their games are yearly release titles. they don't want games that can't fit that business model.

Battlefield for me. That tank demo was amazing.

Modern Warfare 3 will obviously sell more. But I'll be getting both.

That's true but with every game they release they never change enough to warrant spending the kind of coin they're charging.

You basically pay 60 bucks for updated rosters.

yes and no. go play madden 09 and then madden 2010 and the differences are night and day. on the other hand, there may be 5 big differences between madden 2010 and 2011. but again I say sports are a different beast due to their ties to the actual seasons that come around every year

Because the sports games industry is designed with annual releases, meanwhile Activision screwed over the creators of Call of Duty and hand it over to developers with less talent just so they can pump it out.

I agree Activision screwed over the IW staff but you don't know anything about the restaffed IW so how can you gauge their talent?

what do u think units sold will be? u think mw3 will do blops numbers?

I don't think there is anything indicating that it won't. I was surprised that BLOPS did as well as it did, considering what the Modern Warfare name did for the series.

I'll be buying Battlefield over it mainly because it's a team game and has better business practice.
Using pc technology without console limit is bonus. Single player wise, I expect it to be fairly forgettable much like Call of Duty.

I agree Activision screwed over the IW staff but you don't know anything about the restaffed IW so how can you gauge their talent?

I meant giving it to Treyarch with their horrible Call of Duty 3 and adding zombie mode to a game that is supposed to be based on realism.

That said, it also looks like Infinity Ward hasn't recovered from what happened considering that Sledgehammer Games had to drop what they're doing to help on Modern Warfare 3 and rumors also point that Treyarch and Raven Software had to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"