Batman #700

Yeah, that solicit was a relief. At least #700 should be good, even if it is followed by more horrible Tony Daniel nonsense.

Then just drop the title if you can't stand his story arcs whatsoever. :p And yeah Ya for more Damian-Batman!

http://comicscontinuum.com/stories/1003/22/dcjune.htm

Grant Morrison returns to Batman with this oversized special! And he's brought an all-star roster of artists along with him including Andy Kubert, Tony Daniel and Frank Quitely to celebrate this milestone 700th issue featuring stories spotlighting each of the Batmen from different eras * Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne. A blockbuster story that paves the way for the return of Bruce Wayne!
So awesome, I'm so excited. And so does this mean that 666 was real and not just speculation (as it names Damian as a Batman of a later era)??
does this mean Dick will die? was he that dead batman the damian was kneeling next to?

So awesome, I'm so excited. And so does this mean that 666 was real and not just speculation (as it names Damian as a Batman of a later era)??
does this mean Dick will die? was he that dead batman the damian was kneeling next to?
I told you guys, Morrison is writing towards that future, even though he knows it will never happen.

I think that #666 implies that Dick is the Batman whose death Damian is responsible for. Just look at Damian's vitrine. Two Batmen, one of which is Bruce, and the other has a different batsuit and has Damian as his Robin. Obviously they hadnt designed Dick's batsuit back then, so i suppose that this is Dick, since Damian is Dick's Robin.
27214782490damianwaynes.jpg

And look which Batman died after all:
250765132175damianwayne.jpg

I really, really hope they dont kill Dick. Cant they kill Stephanie instead? :awesome:

I really hope they don't kill Dick too, and I also don't like that in 666 Damian says something about not being as good as Bruce or Dick so he cheats. I dunno I feel like Damian would be pretty damn good and that comment kinda makes him sound like some cheap knock off Batman that just booby traps everything. The only comfort I find is that a) They may not let Morrison kill Dick and b)if they do, deaths are rarely any resemblance of permanent in Batman.

Judging by the fact that Damian has been genetically perfected, raised and trained by ninjas from early childhood, is a genius, a great detective, a great scientist and his deal with the devil has made him invulnerable, my guess is that he can become the greatest Batman. I assume that Morrison wanted to make him different from Bruce and Dick, and perhaps underline his darker nature by showing him cheat and that is why we see Damianbats characterized like that.

Also, bear in mind that Damian is judging himself, and there is a chance that he is being unfair to himself because of his guilt and his respect for Bruce and Dick. Another explanation could be that he lacks humanity and love and that keeps him from relating to humanity and becoming a better Batman.

If they take Morrison's route and stick with it, they will have to keep Dick dead so that Damian can become the guilt driven Batman of #666. And while i like Damian's future, i cant stand losing Dick, nor would i be interested in reading more than a mini-series about it. Its too grim, dark and serious. He's probably the most depressing Batman i've ever seen.

Last edited:
Damian's problem probably isn't in a lack of physical or mental ability, but in a lack of dedication and willpower.

In any case, issue #666 was deeply intriguing. I'd love to see the concept explored long-term. I think Morrison should follow his Batman run with an Elseworld's-style ongoing series following this possible timeline.

I dont think he had a problem with dedication or willpower. The guy practically had no life, he was all alone "batmaning" all day with his cat, Alfred.

Judging by the fact that Damian has been genetically perfected, raised and trained by ninjas from early childhood, is a genius, a great detective, a great scientist and his deal with the devil has made him invulnerable, my guess is that he can become the greatest Batman. I assume that Morrison wanted to make him different from Bruce and Dick, and perhaps underline his darker nature by showing him cheat and that is why we see Damianbats characterized like that.

Also, bear in mind that Damian is judging himself, and there is a chance that he is being unfair to himself because of his guilt and his respect for Bruce and Dick. Another explanation could be that he lacks humanity and love and that keeps him from relating to humanity and becoming a better Batman.
Good points I'm not so sure I would want a Batman with no compassion.

If they take Morrison's route and stick with it, they will have to keep Dick dead so that Damian can become the guilt driven Batman of #666. And while i like Damian's future, i cant stand losing Dick, nor would i be interested in reading more than a mini-series about it. Its too grim, dark and serious. He's probably the most depressing Batman i've ever seen.
Yeah a mini series or else worlds thing might be nice, but a heartless (or at least partly so) Batman boobytrapping the city doesn't really seem like something I would want month after month. Also as far as Morrison's plan, He may want things to be a certain way, but that doesn't mean subsequent writers will give a crap about what Morrison had planned.

Damian's problem probably isn't in a lack of physical or mental ability, but in a lack of dedication and willpower.

In any case, issue #666 was deeply intriguing. I'd love to see the concept explored long-term. I think Morrison should follow his Batman run with an Elseworld's-style ongoing series following this possible timeline.
Yeah I like that idea a lot Ol' Sainty boy

I dont think he had a problem with dedication or willpower. The guy practically had no life, he was all alone "batmaning" all day with his cat, Alfred.
Maybe he just doesn't have anything else to do :yay:. Also one thing that I suppose I haven't thought about is that Damain, at the point of the writing of 666, was a different Damian then we are seeing in the comics now, he is much more personable, so who knows? I dunno I'd say that I'd still rather have that future be an elseworlds thing

Why is everyone all over killing Stephanie? I like having characters that aren't permanently wangsting or all male.

Maybe he just doesn't have anything else to do :yay:. Also one thing that I suppose I haven't thought about is that Damain, at the point of the writing of 666, was a different Damian then we are seeing in the comics now, he is much more personable, so who knows? I dunno I'd say that I'd still rather have that future be an elseworlds thing

Well, dedicating his time isn't really the same as being dedicated, if you catch my meaning. Damian was sloppy, really--I don't know if he really believed in the mission the way Bruce does, which is why he was so comfortable killing people and making a deal with the devil. Sure, you could say that making that deal demonstrates loyalty to the cause, but I would argue it demonstrates loyalty to his father; he went to extreme ends to succeed as Batman less because he was absolutely dedicated to saving lives and more because he was dedicated to Bruce.

I like Damian, I do, and I'm mellow about him being Batman in the future, but I really would like Tim to take up that mantle 1st. I'd love it if they'd just give us an alternate future mini-series where the current (and former) Teen Titans take up their predecessors' namesakes (Tim as Batman, Cass as Wonder Woman, Conner as Superman, Bart as Flash, again...) like in the Titans Tomorrow arc but...ya know...their not *****. They haven't lost their morals.

oh m G. tim drake is a total DORK. he should transition into being a civillian uncostumed detective that works within the system. kind of like the Batfamilies ear to the right side of the law. he could never be batman, hes too small and doesnt have the sheer physical ability.. not sure where the tim drake love fest comes from, hes like the bat-family nerd. DC would never have tim become batman, so i would go ahead and let that go. Grayson is the only logical robin choice, and frankly he should stay batman forever

Well, dedicating his time isn't really the same as being dedicated, if you catch my meaning. Damian was sloppy, really--I don't know if he really believed in the mission the way Bruce does, which is why he was so comfortable killing people and making a deal with the devil. Sure, you could say that making that deal demonstrates loyalty to the cause, but I would argue it demonstrates loyalty to his father; he went to extreme ends to succeed as Batman less because he was absolutely dedicated to saving lives and more because he was dedicated to Bruce.
Good points my man. I was surprised by his sloppiness, even if his heart isn't in the mission. And I hope that he doesn't take over as a half hearted Batman at some point. What do you think the likeliness of this is, Saint? (I don't feel it's very high)

oh m G. tim drake is a total DORK. he should transition into being a civillian uncostumed detective that works within the system. kind of like the Batfamilies ear to the right side of the law. he could never be batman, hes too small and doesnt have the sheer physical ability.. not sure where the tim drake love fest comes from, hes like the bat-family nerd. DC would never have tim become batman, so i would go ahead and let that go. Grayson is the only logical robin choice, and frankly he should stay batman forever
Tim Drake IS kinda nerdy and that's why people love him. He's smart and a good detective. You seem to forget that being a crime fighter is about being a detective too, and Tim is possibly even better a detective than Dick (possibly). Sure he isn't huge, but he's a good Robin and he is improving physically.

According to the story arc HUSH, Tim is a better detective than Dick (while Dick is the better fighter than Tim).

Tim wouldn't have the same height and weight as an adult if he were to be Batman in the future. Its not like he'd have the same build forever.

if hes 18 i cant see that changing much, hes like a child, man. would get laughed at/flexed on. cant deus ex machina ur way out of everything with your brain. and batman carrying a staff around is plain ******ed. anyway, like i was saying, uncostumed civillian detective/crime solver. would totally add another un-occupied demension to the bat family. he could have his own stories where hes beating supervillians from behind the scenes in hardcore CSI like detective stories. could be a psychological nerd thing for him. Damian is the end-all Robin, Dick is THE batman, and bruce is kind of.........................................................not necessary. i cant stress enough how much the bat-god is going to BE>low when he comes back in the 11th hour to rain judgement upon the mortals of DC/Gotham

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"