Batman After Nolan

Here's how the next ones should be, maybe another trilogy
The Dark Knight Returns
Batman doesn't appear for more than 5 years but after Bruce Wayne witnesses the death of Dick Grayson's parents he decides it's time to return, with crime being now lead by Black Mask, who's trying to become a simble for crime, however when Batman return another player seems to rise in the underworld of crime, a ressurrected Two-Face, using his image to show people of Gotham there's no hope, and Bruce adopts Dick.

Batman Asylum
Bruce is becoming to focused on his job as batman and Alfred fears this may be destroying his life as Bruce Wayne, a criminal mastermind called the riddler sends mesages before his crimes and has an interest in discovering the bigest secret of them all: Who is the Batman, Batman tries to use the help of psychologist Hugo Strange, another figure that also wants to know Bat's identity. And so begins a mind game, when Hugo tries to chalenge batman and he has to find the help of the Joker before the Riddler destroys Gotham's Economy. Dick discovers Batman's identity and helps him via radio to stop the Riddler while the Joker finally breaks from Arkham.

Batman Red
The race for the Joker's origin as the Red Hood gang emerges from the ashes, Batman discovers a mole inside Arkham that helped the Joker escape, the Penguin takes over the fallen Black Mask criminal empire and uses the Red Hood gang as ways to defeat the dark knight as he can't be everywhere all the time. Dick is trained by Bruce in the ways of the league of shadows, only one color rises: Red.

To be rebooted or sequeled as a superhero group movie is maybe the biggest disservice to any superhero. Reboot Batman being a fraction of a group where everyone is more powerful than him and has to share screentime and focus. No thanks.

But i wouldn't mind a more comic booky and already stablished Batman movie as a reboot.

What I meant by that is use the Batman from the JL movie in the reboot. That way its an easy transition for the GA. People will see the new Batman trailer and go "hey its Batman from the JL movie, its a spinoff of that movie and not with Nolan's films"

What I meant by that is use the Batman from the JL movie in the reboot. That way its an easy transition for the GA. People will see the new Batman trailer and go "hey its Batman from the JL movie, its a spinoff of that movie and not with Nolan's films"

I don't know about JL movies. What the hell would you need the entire Justice League to fight?

Yeah, a more comic-book and stylish Batman but NO to a Justice League one.

I don't know about JL movies. What the hell would you need the entire Justice League to fight?

I'm saying since DC already confirmed that Bale Bats will not be in the JL movie, why not use the Batman that WILL be in the JL movie as a jumping off point for the next series?

or was this JL movie in '13 an Aprils Fool Joke? I could have sworn its been confirmed a new Batman will be in a JL movie in 2013, so I would assume them use that as a jumping off point for the next series. Thats where this idea came from. I would rather them start with just a Batman film too, but I figure if they recast him for JL, why not keep the reboot in that continuity?

Jesus has any JL movie been confirmed? Because I certainly would hate the mere idea of it.

I'm saying since DC already confirmed that Bale Bats will not be in the JL movie, why not use the Batman that WILL be in the JL movie as a jumping off point for the next series?

or was this JL movie in '13 an Aprils Fool Joke? I could have sworn its been confirmed a new Batman will be in a JL movie in 2013, so I would assume them use that as a jumping off point for the next series. Thats where this idea came from. I would rather them start with just a Batman film too, but I figure if they recast him for JL, why not keep the reboot in that continuity?

I'm just wondering how the film would bring all those heroes together. What would require Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash to work together?

I'm just wondering how the film would bring all those heroes together. What would require Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and the Flash to work together?

The fact that Lex Luthor, the Joker, Cheetah, Sinestro and Gorilla Grod are teaming-up.

I dont want a JL film. I SERIOUSLY thought it was confirmed that DC was planning on releasing one in 2013 that is in a different continuity to Snyder's Superman and Nolan's Batman. If thats not been confirmed, then scratch my idea. I was just going off what I thought was confirmed.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011...ights-on-team-up-film-and-reinventing-batman/

I was basing this on that.

I would love to see a Batman Beyond trilogy after this. The first (Batman Beyond) about how Bruce gave up being Batman and a the creation of a new one, with Derek Powers and Shriek as the villains. Then Batman Beyond:Spellbound, with Spellbinder and Mad Stan as the villains which would take parts from the episode where Gordon though Batman killed Mad Stan. Basically about the cops not accepting Batman at first but realizing that they need him. The final film, Batman Beyond:Vengenage would be about Shriek and now Blight taking revenge on Batman for what he did to them. Loosely based on the Ascension and Babel episodes. I know I used Powers and Shriek twice, but I figure Powers wouldn't be seen as Blight until the final film and Shriek would be easily dealt with in the first film for time restrains.

Im not too crazy on a JL movie but I guess they have to go for it because they cant miss out on the cash cow the avengers will be.

Howerver, I think these DC movies work better in their own separate continuity. Perhaps they should keep things separate and treat the JL movie as its own continuity.

In any way, Id be interested to see them carry on the batman movies in a james bond-esque kind of way. Just make it so that more unrealistic things could still be plausible in these movies.

I'm excited to see the world of Batman in film after Nolan is done with his trilogy. He is a great filmmaker and I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight but I also find Christopher Nolan to be overrated by many people. I loved the world of Batman shown in the Tim Burton films and Batman TAS more than Nolan's world. The more comic book world IMO.

I would love to see Batman: Arkham Asylum movie done.

Bruce Wayne clearly had some skills before he trained with R'as so it would be cool to backtrack and learn more about that plus I want to see Kyodai Ken!

It would be cool to have some live action films along the lines of BTAS. Keep the serious tone of BB/TDK but give us a more fantastical Gotham.

I'd love to see a more creepy, horror/noir take. By someone like David Fincher. I've been thinking about it, I think the Ventriloquist, in the hands of someone like Fincher, could be done really well.

They should have a number of trilogies throughout the next couple decades, all of them should be part of the same continuity but each trilogy (done by different directors and actors) would have it's own approach.

First is Nolan's "realistic toned" Batman starting with Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and ending with The Dark Knight Rises.

Wait five years.

Another director should create a new trilogy that's based on Batman/Bruce Wayne in his prime. It should be something between the Nolan and Burtonverse. Visually it should be a little bit darker than the modern films. Robin should be introduced in the second or third film. Say what you want about the character but if you're going to tell a complete Batman story from bottom to top then Grayson is an essential character. It would be low to pretend he never existed. But they could make it work. I would like to see Mr. Freeze as one of the main villains. I like the idea of dark meets cold. I'd also like to see Black Mask, the Penguin and the return of Scarecrow. He was never written off the Nolanverse and they didn't push him to the moon so there's still life in the character. There's so much more they can do with him.

Wait another five years. It's time for a new cast and director. This trilogy should focus on Bruce Wayne in his final days. Each film should take place in very different time periods. The first should focus on Batman before he retires. The second should be based on The Dark Knight Returns. And the third should be based on Batman Beyond.

I know this won't go over well with some people but I, for one, would like to see the complete story of Batman told on film. If they can do it with animation then why not live action? Why keep doing origin stories if there's so much more to showcase on film?

It's painful but the wait will definitely be worth it and you need enough time to pass to allow the Nolan steam to cool down.

If The Dark Knight Rises messes up with the timeline then they should consider Batman Begins, Batman: Gotham Knight and the dark knight as the first half of year one and just build from there.
I want to see Dick Grayson in year 3 but his transformation in Robin should take place in various films.

Maybe whoever the next director is. He and his team will do Robin better.

Robin in Forever was done well and told the origin well too. It's Robin in B&R I didn't like having Nightwing logo but yet he was Robin a bit weird. I'm sure new director will be working with Nolan & DC to make best Robin.

for the record I didn't think Robins portrayal in BF was bad at all or O'Donnels performance either.

Yeah BF robin I agree was good. I should be more specific next time.

I always said the same thing. Robin was one of the most enjoyable characters in Batman Forever. Well he could've been a bit younger but other than that the character was well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"