Batman and Robin Eternal

Gee

Rebirth
Reaction score
Alright, let's have a thread for this weekly which starts in two weeks!

There's an 8-page preview inside a special Batman: Endgame issue (it's Batman #35) given out for free today at your LCS since it's Batman Day. Or you could get it on Comixology:
https://www.comixology.com/Batman-2...neS5kY2NvbWljczMvZGVza3RvcC9zbWFsbENhcm91c2Vs

I'm glad this is only 26 issues. The story should be more focused and filler-free, hopefully. Oh and Cassandra Cain will finally make her post-Flashpoint appearance. :woot:

It’s here at last—the sequel to the blockbuster weekly series BATMAN ETERNAL!

Five years ago, Batman and Robin worked the most disturbing case of their crimefighting careers—bringing down the organization of the ultimate human trafficker, the mysterious woman known only as Mother. At the time, Dick Grayson never quite understood the scope of that case, but now its darkest secrets are coming back to haunt him and everyone else who ever worked with Batman! With Bruce Wayne now lost to them, Dick and all his allies are out in the cold! Who can they trust? Is someone among them not who they say they are? And who is the deadly, silent young woman in black who’s come to Gotham City looking for Batman?

Prepare yourself for six months of international intrigue, twists and turns, and new additions to the world of Batman and Robin, from showrunners James Tynion IV and Scott Snyder, and writers Tim Seeley, Steve Orlando, Genevieve Valentine, Ed Brisson, and Jackson Lanzing & Collin Kelly!
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/batman-and-robin-eternal-2015/batman-and-robin-eternal-1

Actually about to read that 8 page preview right now.

Preview was good, gets you interested and intrigued. I loved Eternal so I am pumped for this as well.

BATMAN & ROBIN ETERNAL To Re-Define BANE, Reveal 'Secret History' of BRUCE & DICK
http://www.newsarama.com/26079-batman-robin-to-re-define-bane-tell-secret-history-of-bruce-dick.html

Lanzing: Collin and I, in our very first issue of a superhero comic book, we got to write one of our favorite villains of all time, which we can reveal — we get to write Bane in our first issue.

We get to hopefully re-energize and re-define that character in a way that we are very excited about. We both grew up reading reading Bane. We both have very strong opinions about this character and feel like sometimes he doesn't get treated with the respect he deserves. We're incredibly excited to give him some real scenes.

Kelly: He's an amazing character. He's incredibly versatile. We hope we can bring something cool to him.

I completely skipped the last weekly because I had 0 interest in it but I will make sure to be on board for this one. I've been too curious about the Robin's backstories in the post-Flashpoint continuity for too long now to end up skipping it.

I'm skipping this, but I heard Cassandra Cain is supposed to appear. I might try to keep an eye out for her issue, just to see satisfy my morbid curiosity for how terrible this version will likely be.

The reasons to mope about this mini: the preceding weekly started strong before spinning into all the problems event books face, but stretched out on a huge weekly pattern. Also, about half the creators are the same, so if you have a low opinion of Tynion or others, they're still there.

Reasons to hope: the shorter length of this weekly almost certainly guarantees better pacing, Dick seems to be on point for the crossover and will likely be revealed to the family again, Cassandra Cain is coming, Tom King and Genevieve Valentine are joining up with the creators, and once again, someone not named Scott Lobdell or Will Pfeiffer will be writing Tim Drake.

Dick has already been revealed to the Bat family again. That was actually the point of the last issue of Grayson.

Here she is! :mrk:

oSDHX4Z.jpg

Last edited:
Costume's not bad, but should hopefully evolve into something more Bat-ty. Right now she looks a bit like a ubiquitous Image character.

Zod damn, what a start! :wow: If it keeps it up, it'll be better than Batman Eternal.

Really great first issue, that last page :wow:

Very brisk start. I like it.

Especially for seeing the undeniably best Batgirl back in action and reading people's body language to trounce them.

Suck it, Silver Age fanatics. To you regular Silver Age fans, please forgive this minor outburst. But the 1990s just called, and they want to come back in Batman's world.

Between Steph and Cass, I feel the universe righting itself once again.

Especially for seeing the undeniably best Batgirl back in action and reading people's body language to trounce them.
On one hand, I'm glad Cass is back. On the other, I now live in perpetual fear that DC will screw her up again.

Things are getting interesting this week.

At first I wasn't too sure about the flashbacks with Bruce/Dick and Scarecrow but they've grown on me.

This week's issue is so good. I hope Valentine gets to write more issues for this weekly or even a new monthly series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"