Batman Forever gets unfairly paired with Batman and Robin

Super78

Civilian
Reaction score
Hear me on this:

Whenever people talk about the Schumacher films, they always talk about how crappy and lame they were.

Of course,that assertion is true for Batman and Robin.

However, Batman Forever was so much a better film. Sure, it was still campy and all but it was entertaining and a box office success (for those who even remember the summer of '95).

I just think that it gets a bad rap because of Batman and Robin and that's just unfair.

dfmp_0550_batman_forever_1995_(5_posters).jpg

Despite any of your aforementioned reasons, Forever is still painful to watch, save for the one scene of Nicole Kidman in a bed sheet.

I totally agree, i think its a good movie. B&R is terrible though.

Batman Forever because its frustrating in many ways....

-you get an opening where you begin thinking that the film will be great even if the tone is lighter....that illusion doesnt last beyond the first few minutes though

-you get a decent Bruce Wayne and Batman and hints that there is a dark angle to the story (the whole book thing) and you find that particular portion of the story cut out and left hanging like an incomplete..this is made more annoying since the story keeps making half hearted efforts to follow that plot.

-you have the possibility of great visuals that either dont make sense or appear incomplete......batman jumps off roof to batmobile below, as he falls the cape opens up to slow his decent only to have the cape become tangle and ruin the whole effect towards the end........Later you have Two-face leaving a party with batman climbing after him which is fine except that in the following scene two-face is about to go into the sewers and batman is on the roof for some silly reason.

-next they add Robin, not too big a deal except that Robin looks huge standing next to batman...

it just goes on and on.....jim carrey doing the same schtick he was doing at that point only dressed as a batman villain etc etc....

yes its certainly watchable and it isnt the complete failure that Batman and Robin was......

as a matter of fact I know of many people who saw this film as kids and hold it in high regard as far as being their intro to the character....in that angle alone it succeeds.

I too like Batman Forever... but of the previous Batman franchise, it has aged the worst. Everything about it screams 1995, on top of the cheese factor already.

I do have a little soft spot for it though as it was the first Batman movie I seen in cinema... at the age of 5.

For what it's worth, it is a fun... yet severely flawed Batman movie.

Batman Forever was enjoyable.

A great film? No.
Flawless? Absolutely not.
But, a fun watch? Yes.

I do enjoy Batman Forever a lot! Hate Batman & Robin. I'm never pairing them and never will.

I love Batman Forever. It's very underatted to me.
I can say that there are some fans who think it's a better film than Batman Returns.

I liked the film but in a way Spider-man 3 was equal to this not that other film that came out after Batman Forever.......Just cant remember the name for some reason?

The movie wasn't necessarily good...But I just found it quite entertaining...!

I think same will be said for many others...

If you can look at the storyline and themes beneath the bright colours and camp of certain scenes, you'll appreciate there is a lot more to Batman Forever. The camp is only in certain scenes, and it's not like Two-Face and the Riddler are silly all the time - when they need to be, they are dangerous and intimidating and worthy opponents for Batman. Despite the bright colours, the main 'colour' of Forever is still black.

Jon Favreau was one of Bruce Waynes assistants in BF as well

Well. Nicole Kidman. And the best action of all Batman movies. That's it.

I'm going to be honest, it was my favorite Batman film when I was a kid. And it still has a special place in my heart for that very reason... some of the attacks it gets are deserved, some aren't, but I guess you could say that for most films. Having said that, what disappoints me about BF is not how bad it is, but how amazing it could have been if they hadn't decided to "lighten things up". I would have loved to have seen Tommy Lee Jones portraying a more serious Two-Face like what we got in TDK. I think he would have been great at it.

Oh, and I loooove Jim Carrey's Riddler, even though I prefer a less zany version of the character. For this movie, it worked.

I probably like Batman & Robin more than Batman Forever. At least I can laugh at the former.

I actually enjoy Batman Forever more than Batman (89)

Batman Forever was horrible IMO, just as Batman and Robin was. Not just because of the fact that there were so many elements that were flawed beyond belief, but it was just a bad FILM period. The script was not particularly good, the story was rediculous, and overall it felt like a joke to me. All this is even more true with Batman and Robin.

It is a "fun" film to watch in certain parts but I can never sit through the entire film because of how poorly crafted it is. Forget about B&R!! I cant go through 20 minutes of that movie.

Last edited:
I liked a lot back in the day... but the last time I saw it, was merely better than B&R. That's not saying much...

I think it's pretty much just as bad as batman and robin
at least i can laugh at batman and robin

Nicole Kidman looked really hot in this film...Only time I ever considered her hot...

I remember being on the "Forever sucks like B&R" bandwagon a little while ago, but then at work about a month or two ago I threw BF on and found myself appreciating it much more than I had before. Still doesn't hold jack towards B89 and BR (or BB or TDK, for that matter) but I still found it enjoyable. A nice, fun, simple Batman flick

If you can look at the storyline and themes beneath the bright colours and camp of certain scenes, you'll appreciate there is a lot more to Batman Forever. The camp is only in certain scenes, and it's not like Two-Face and the Riddler are silly all the time - when they need to be, they are dangerous and intimidating and worthy opponents for Batman. Despite the bright colours, the main 'colour' of Forever is still black.
Face and Riddler are at no time threatning. Usually both were prancing around doing a combined impression of Jack's Joker. Riddler with the antics, mannerisms, and Two Face with the constant laughing.

Throw in Batgirl and a bunch of ice puns and what's the difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"