• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the game, too. As I've said, the over-reliance and forced usage of the Batmobile became pretty tedious at times and I definitely would have liked on or two "boss" missions that didn't feature the Batmobile.

However, using the Batmobile could be pretty awesome at times. Dive-bombing from a building straight into the Batmobile (or the "Batman Forever" jump as I call it), speeding around the city for a bit, then launching out like a rocket into a glide is so fun. The seemlessness of it all is impressive. I forced myself to balance the Batmobile with gliding and grappling around the city to checkpoints so that I didn't get bored of either form of travel.

Outside of the Batmobile, this game truly perfected the combat engine (which I thought wouldn't be possible), dual-play was great, and the seamless integration of cut scenes and game-play with no load screens ultimately made it feel like to much more refined and realistic game-play experience overall. Also, I found some of the fights and missions to be more challenging this time around, which made completing feel a bit more rewarding sometimes.

Is "one of the dev's from Rocksteady" the actual Rocksteady team? If not, then I don't understand your point. The article you posted makes it clear that they're "standing on the shoulders of giants" and a completely different team from the original developers, whether they had technical help from them or not. I actually like a few aspects from AO, particularly all the detective work that's been incorporated into AK and also the Joker, which was the best interpretation out of all the games IMO.

And when exactly do you know when I started talking about this game series, you sound almost offended, as if I've never been in here before or aren't supposed to be here now. I just don't frequent these parts, but I do go where I please.
from what was that person/dev that did it was like he was a designer, plus one man team.

also of I came off offended my apologies. as I stated there were alot of articles & I stated the very one I'm looking for will take time to find that one I found last night was a syndicated but not the very article I speak of that literally, that said they had a dev from rock steady transferred to them.

I saw your first post in this part of the forum with arkham knight. when I no longer so busy with the comic con marvel thing & other post'a I'll try hunt down that very article & I put it up her just for you. Aadly I have my hand full.

I also have a pm I have to address about a certain game I feel like I'm neglecting the person that asked for help. I'll just have to send him a written. walk through.

Last edited:
You don't like the main story for Arkham Knight anymore? :csad:

Oh no I do like it. It just flawed like AC's. Not nearly as strong as it could have been. It does some things better than AC's, like giving Batman more personal moments and great interactions with his allies.

The actual side missions are fine but there isn't much of it. Which I can only blame the industry for driving every game into the DLC business.

Nah, the chases are horrible, the fire fly stuff is horrible... Pretty much the ones that force you to use the Super Batmobile.. That oddly can't keep up with anything you're chasing.

I get surprised when I see AO last on people's list. I get that it was a glitchy mess at launch but it had the best character designs (up to AK) the best story, the coolest setting.. I dunno. I feel it is *the* Batman game. I'd kill for a remaster.. But settle for it to be on XB1 BC list.

Nah, the chases are horrible, the fire fly stuff is horrible... Pretty much the ones that force you to use the Super Batmobile.. That oddly can't keep up with anything you're chasing.

yeah that cofused the hell outta me
"I'm in the friggin' batmobile, it has jet engines, how can I not catch up to a large, probably diesel, APC?!"

And give the dialogue from the soldiers about how "he's right behind us", that obviously means that there were actual, live soldiers in the thing when Batman blows it up

so yeah, more "lets-not-talk-about-the" murder from Bats in this game

I get surprised when I see AO last on people's list. I get that it was a glitchy mess at launch but it had the best character designs (up to AK) the best story, the coolest setting.. I dunno. I feel it is *the* Batman game. I'd kill for a remaster.. But settle for it to be on XB1 BC list.

Seconded. Arkham Origins is top of this game franchise for me. So much brilliance in it.

Also with & if your one of those that hasn't touch or finished the game don't read this article below

• Spoiled! Batman: Arkham Knight

Spoiled
    on Jul 10, 2015 at 12:55 PM

The Game Informer crew discusses the secrets, endings, and hard-hitting story sequences in Batman: Arkham Knight.
    ... More
source: GI

Seconded. Arkham Origins is top of this game franchise for me. So much brilliance in it.
I rate it similarly to Arkham Knight. Much brilliance with some stuff holding it back. Asylum=City > Origins=Knight.

Agreed, but I am equally surprised to see AC last on your list.
Story only being last is not surprising.

I think Origins has always had the better story, in fact it's one of my favourite Batman/Joker first meetings. But, it always felt like an expansion pack of City than its own game. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it really didn't bring much new to the table (except the Crime Reconstruction Mode maybe).

At first It was hard to drive the Batmobile, but once you figure out the accelerator sensitivity and don't need to use it to max all the time, it got a lot easier.

So do you all think the game is still worth buying new or regret it and wish you had rented it or waited for the GOTY edition?

I don't regret downloading it on XBO and feel its worth it but I don't think I'll continue playing as much as I expected to. Free roam is not that fun and I miss the old challange maps style already.

What will probably keep me playing are the story missions and certain skins or if they add back the old challenge mode. After all dlc comes out,I may end up deleting and uninstalling the game soon after to make space on my console

I'm quite happy I bought it brand new. I got the whole PS4 AK bundle. In spite of the criticisms it's still a very good game. I don't think Rocksteady was ever going to fail to deliver anything less.

Will the general opinion on the game improve in time?

Improve to what, though? I think much like Asylum and City, there's stuff that could have been better, but people seem to like it.

The general opinion of the game seems to be positive. The real black eye on this game was the PC disaster. But, the general opinion seems to be good about this game.

Last edited:
Well my copy had the DLC codes for the Scarecrow and Harley Quinn story packs and the Adam West/3000 skins. So I guess for me it was worth buying since I don't buy or play games that often.

So, I got to the "end" last night. I defeated Scarecrow, and now just need to get all the trophies.

I think that in many ways, Rocksteady told a better story this time around. I'm not sure if I'd go as far as to say the writing and characterizations were better than Origins, but the finale was sure as hell the best one in the series. The finale felt powerful, and ballsy, and kinda subversive too. I'm really fascinated by the pay off and the scenario they've set up at the end. I'm definitely going to finish everything up to see how it all ends, but I very much enjoyed it. I'm kinda on the fence about Arkham Knight himself. I can truly sympathetize with storytellers that want to surprise their audience and create suspense for even the hardcore fans. But, the truth is I pretty much figured out his identity when he spoke his first few words, right before we even fought at ACE Chemicals. I'm curious how we all would have felt if they'd shown their cards early on, but at the very least there was a good story reason for him being called the Arkham Knight. And maybe you can create a redemptive arc with the shedding of that identity and the taking of another.

The strange thing with Arkham Knight is that I found myself far more invested, and much more captivated, by the main story and was really satisfied with it. Moreso than the sidequests, which left something to be left desired. Whereas in Arkham City, I was disappointed by the main story, even the the ending was indeed a surprise. But, the sidequest stories and the tangent paths in the main story that had nothing to do with the main plotline (ie: Mr. Freeze being present in the main questline, even though he and his storyline weren't part of the main story per se) were all better and more interesting than the main story for me. The major beats in the main story, felt like missed marks for me while the sidequests mostly hit the marks and worked.

So, it's interesting for me to feel the reverse in Arkham Knight, and have been disappointed in the sidequests but far more satisfied with the main story. Even the finale hit all the marks for me, something that felt like a glaring issue with Asylum.

I'm definitely going to replay the game, and given the right batsuit skins...it might extend my playthroughs too. From a storytelling perspective, it felt like Rocksteady had gotten better, while taking misteps with the side stuff.

ChrisBaleBatman did you [blackout]get TDKR vibes off the game ending?[/blackout]

I loved the game, too. As I've said, the over-reliance and forced usage of the Batmobile became pretty tedious at times and I definitely would have liked on or two "boss" missions that didn't feature the Batmobile.

However, using the Batmobile could be pretty awesome at times. Dive-bombing from a building straight into the Batmobile (or the "Batman Forever" jump as I call it), speeding around the city for a bit, then launching out like a rocket into a glide is so fun. The seemlessness of it all is impressive. I forced myself to balance the Batmobile with gliding and grappling around the city to checkpoints so that I didn't get bored of either form of travel.

Outside of the Batmobile, this game truly perfected the combat engine (which I thought wouldn't be possible), dual-play was great, and the seamless integration of cut scenes and game-play with no load screens ultimately made it feel like to much more refined and realistic game-play experience overall. Also, I found some of the fights and missions to be more challenging this time around, which made completing feel a bit more rewarding sometimes.

I loved the Batmobile. Absolutely had a ton of fun with it.

But, I thought it was a mistake to center the two major boss fights around it. The tank battles with Arkham Knight, pretty tough too the first tine around, felt tedious. Kinda felt, in some ways, the way they had decided to go with the final boss in Asylum. The execution wasn't so much the problem as much as the concept was for me, and I agree. Having one or two boss fights outside of the batmobile...something like what we got in Origins...would have gone a long way.

Though, I'm happy they decided to commit to the batmobile as an integral part of the game, and not just making a bullet point in the back of the box and having the batmobile be completely negligible. I'm happy the inclusion of the Batmobile wasn't simply window dressing, but I wish they had pulled back on it just a little bit.

ChrisBaleBatman did you [blackout]get TDKR vibes off the game ending?[/blackout]

Oh man, yes. I still need to complete [BLACKOUT]the Knightfall protocol[/BLACKOUT]...but there was this sense of sacrifice, and consequence that can often be absent in superhero stories. [BLACKOUT]I found it to be an interesting commentary on fear for superheroes, having their identity revealed. And realizing that Bruce isn't afraid of that, if anything he's expected it because he's got this entire protocol prepared for when it happened. It was one of those cool moments that you remember that Batman is the real person, and Bruce Wayne is ultimately a means to an end for Batman.

There was this vibe that I felt with TDKR as well, of inevitability. And seeing that in some form or another, things coming to ahead and something giving way in Batman's mission, in his war on crime. [/BLACKOUT]

I knew what the outcome was going to be, but when you had to
take off your belt, surrender your gadget and get in the van, I was actually dreading the journey. I almost wanted to walk out the door and forgo the ending. In the end, Batman won because he didn't fear the scenario Scarecrow put forward. He already had a protocol in place for the event of his identity being compromised. Batman was only worried about the influence the Joker had to his mental state. As soon as that was resolved, he was content. And Crane was the one scared out of his mind.

The Riddler crap is annoying, the chasing an armored vehicle just to have them magically speed away from you the moment you lock onto them make me want to throw my controller,

lol, Well ya gotta hand it to Rocksteady, These games have made The Riddler the most hated adversary for gamers. Voice actor Wally Wingert even commented in an interview once how much fans of this series despise riddler's constant taunts .

Oh man, yes. I still need to complete [BLACKOUT]the Knightfall protocol[/BLACKOUT]...but there was this sense of sacrifice, and consequence that can often be absent in superhero stories. [BLACKOUT]I found it to be an interesting commentary on fear for superheroes, having their identity revealed. And realizing that Bruce isn't afraid of that, if anything he's expected it because he's got this entire protocol prepared for when it happened. It was one of those cool moments that you remember that Batman is the real person, and Bruce Wayne is ultimately a means to an end for Batman.

There was this vibe that I felt with TDKR as well, of inevitability. And seeing that in some form or another, things coming to ahead and something giving way in Batman's mission, in his war on crime. [/BLACKOUT]

I agree. But what I more specifically meant was with the whole [BLACKOUT]Gordon finding out Bruce is Batman. Faking his death. A "new" Batman taking over etc. They were the sort of things that evoked Rises vibes for me.[/BLACKOUT]

I wish there was a way to restart New Game +. I'd really like to have a replay option where I have my upgrades, as to spare me the hassle of having to go through some of those side missions to get needed XP.

I wish there was a way to restart New Game +. I'd really like to have a replay option where I have my upgrades, as to spare me the hassle of having to go through some of those side missions to get needed XP.
I Am the Knight mode not included in this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"