• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it. I prefer him to be a cannibalistic circus freak with sharp teeth. Not a roided out Lizard rip off.
The word 'mutation' is regularly used colloquially to refer to any transformation, but the actual biological definition is a little more specific than that.
truth told rocksteady's version is more excessive then what Dc them selves put out of anything piously. They(Dc) may have mutated him and he's the precursor to the splicer's in batman beyond's time period or one of them.

But he's was never supposed to be a giant in a roided sense.
I look up the word mutation alot with the comic's cause when I was a younger comic reader and tv watcher it always showed up with X-Men & spiderman comic's predominantly and the new warriors from marvel and dc fallowed suit (counter) with the bang baby incident with static shock.

though the word meta at least since live action tv series Birds of prey came alng and went with what was put out in static shock has meta's being the version of DC's Mutant's and it mean's their powers are inherent with in the genetics's or was just part of them from the start.

you should see all the mutant stuff japan has too as well.
Darker then black the A simple magic index/ Rail gun series(with the science side character) and E's other wise before. Man there's a freaking list.

Anyways the way killer croc's mutation has been described, he seem very similar to X-Men's Beast and the Lizard(doc Conners) from the spider man comic's only he was never a scientist like those two were.

with mutation's it is as you say it's still a little more specific. but there some people that know the true definition that write the comic's and there are always other's that use words in any sense they feel like to make things fit they way the want sadly.

look at the gaming industry with the word beta it was use as way to make sure a game test to be rid of bug's & issue before launch bust some people in the industry use the word beta and another way to say demo's these day's cause some won't let them create anew word for demo's what ever that's about. there''s always someone or ones out there creating confusion with certain words and their original meaning
when they're not allowed to create new word of their own.

I still don't understand how some people push a glorified demo's as Beta's

they're not the same at all and yet.....

You'll be driven mad if you dwell on it for too long.

Last edited:
Beast is a mutant (in the scientific sense), as he was born with unique genetic mutations responsible for his condition. Lizard is a transgenic human with Lizard DNA.

Beast is a mutant (in the scientific sense), as he was born with unique genetic mutations responsible for his condition. Lizard is a transgenic human with Lizard DNA.
yes that's true but beast showed sign's with his big hands and feet while a teen & also in more recent year's since afterthe ascendent where he messed with his own DNA before turning blue was turned black in his ape form and his mutation has shown the he can be turned into a reptile(muant X) or his current cat form after Sage saved (by making him Evolve with her ability to do so with her mutant powers one ofthe abilitys she hides) Beast after he was stabbed by vargas. So beast has form kind of special mutation where it regress him to Regressive Atavism

meaning he has inherited some of the traits of ancestral species of the human race.

this is also what dc is pushing for crock too but beast mutation is more so but in an alter beast type sense if you ever played that game.

but beast doesn't seem to have his intellect decrease.

kurt conner's the lizard is only similar cause's still called a mutation deseies and his more animilist side take over more so then his human side which is similar to killer croc in a way only his is more of a split personality issue. compared to the two. other wise he's still more like the splicer in bat man beyond where it's more like gentic engineering but in the MU they call them mutates the precursor's to mutant as the Eternal ( the MCU in general ) call them

those one give birth to mutants more so then most too .

but this is becoming too of topic

anyway this is what in the bio's of croc

Last edited:
Mutations are copying errors in DNA. We're all born with a few of them. Because we begin our life as a single cell, Mutations that occur early enough in the development of an embryo will be copied to every cell in the baby's body. If a mutation occurs after you're born, it only happens in one cell, and can slowly spread from there, but it will not affect the DNA in all your other cells.

Kurt Connors intentionally infused his own DNA with the DNA of a lizard. This is not a mutation. He is a GMO (genetically modified organism), more specifically he is transgenic (containing genes from another species).

Evolution is something that happens to populations, not individuals. If an individual goes through a transformation part way through life, this is not considered evolution (in the scientific sense).

Last edited:
The Killer Croc is the ugliest design of him I've ever seen. Easily the most ugly design of any character in the Arkham series.

Mutations are copying errors in DNA. We're all born with a few of them. Because we begin our life as a single cell, Mutations that occur early enough in the development of an embryo will be copied to every cell in the baby's body. If a mutation occurs after you're born, it only happens in one cell, and can slowly spread from there, but it will not affect the DNA in all your other cells.

Kurt Connors intentionally infused his own DNA with the DNA of a lizard. This is not a mutation. He is a GMO (genetically modified organism), more specifically he is transgenic (containing genes from another species).

Evolution is something that happens to populations, not individuals. If an individual goes through a transformation part way through life, this is not considered evolution (in the scientific sense).

I'm pretty sure I addressed all this in the the very top of the page with what some people changed to make things fit with the comic's and I said it's the same with how the word beta in the gaming industry has been used in place of demo's alot of late .

which people shouldn't be doing yet they are.

There was no need to re -state this . when I said I agree with you about mutation in it's correct terms of use.

but people change stuff to make thing's fit what they want definition wise too often of late. when they shouldn't cause they aren't allow to create new words . It's stupid, but it's been happening alot of late. Your auguring with the writers too, so your beef is with some of them.

they always had spider man and kurt Conners have a stated "mutation disease "which what peter parker's "man spider laps /re-emerge" are about like when he bite off the head of a villain that broke Mary janes wrist in front of him i na hospital bed.

this what they call them. I can't do anything for ya.
I'm stating what they're(marvel) pushing. It doesn't mean I full agree with them.

Beast's evolving mutation to a cat via sage to save his fatal stab wound was story chris clarement wrote. and he does have science degree too. one of the few that do, but he wrote that as a ways to save beast the only part that's funny is that storm and the others didn't tell him the full details it seems.

I already stated what Kurt Conner's did to him is genetic engineering. "real world terms. " but his back & forth states of becoming the laizrd with out him re-infusing himself at times shows other wise.

Marvel lore has mutates as being human's that were made to have certain power's by artificial mean's like lab ascendent's and radiation accident event's or on purpose as well and they precursor's to mutants it's just how the MU is man.

From the time jack Kurby was alive and kicking with his creation of the Eternal's for marvel that saw

also to be back on topic BTW if you read the bio with croc not all of the bio engineering done to croc wasn't of his own doing. He went to those people some times & want to be infused too himself to make him this way.

Last edited:
The Killer Croc is the ugliest design of him I've ever seen. Easily the most ugly design of any character in the Arkham series.

I think ManBat had the ugliest design.

If anybody has an extra Batman Inc code for XBone, DM me! It would be greatly appreciated.

Anton Furst/1989 Batmobile has Battle Mode and consequently is available for free roam?
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/batman-arkham-knight/trophy/117483-Street-Demonz.html

I think Man Bat looked awesome.

That AK Killer Croc looks like a dinosaur man.

They were trying to cash in on the Jurassic World hype. :o

I missed Mr. Freeze and Bane (he would have fit in great as a militia general). Hopefully they're being saved for DLC.

Also, was anyone else surprised that the League of Assassins weren't involved at all? Based on the AK and his army, I was almost certain the League would be involved somehow, whether with Ra's, Talia, or even Damian.

Wait, Killer Croc is in this game???

Or are we talking about the mod?

Just another reason why I liked Origins' characterizations better than either of the other Arkham games. Though, even then I felt that they were sorta hamstrung by Asylum and City, with Croc specificially.

2015_08_09_16_06_20.jpg

I attended Steel City Con this weekend, and was tickled to see a Black Mask Thug cosplayer from AO. Tangent aside, I am finishing the Riddler campaign, which is as time-consuming as the main campaign.

I think Man Bat looked awesome.

That AK Killer Croc looks like a dinosaur man.

Ok you got there J, but I don't like ManBat design though.

So I beaten Riddler and his boss fights were much better I don't get why didn't do this with Penguin, Two-Face, Hush and Deathstroke I really liked Man Bat side mission, I didn't know he was gonna be in the game and also liked Firefly one but rest were meh for me. There were great things with these villains I mean they have great history behind them anfsurely Rocksteady could have come up with something and it just seems like a wasted opportunity end their series.

Last edited:
I liked all of the side missions, except the firefighter rescue ones. It was nice having Batman saving lives on the individual level, instead of the collective, but man, it became tedious, after a while.

A couple days ago i posted these side mission ideas i saw somewhere, some of them sound so much better than what we got. I did like the ones we had, especially the ones that made me feel like Batman, but they were pretty much rinse-and-repeat rather than actual storylines.

The Body of Ra's Al Ghul - track Ra's body around in a series of missions involving the League. Maybe a Damian reveal at the end?

Prey - Stop Killer Croc from killing people around the city - tense sewer encounters etc.

The Trial of Batman - series of combat encounters as Two Face and his gang plan to round up and kill any people affiliated with the Batman, culminating in a literal trial of Batman as Two Face corners him in an emotional encounter.

Thin Ice - team up with Mr Freeze to recover Nora's cure from Penguin who is planning to sell the formula on the black market.

Hush - something to do with Hush that is better than the crap we got.

A Shot In The Dark - timed predator encounters where you have clear a room / save hostages before Deadshot can complete his contracts on them.
Baneful Intentions - Bane returns to Wayne Manor to finish what he started 12 years ago - to destroy the Batman. Predator / combat sequences in Wayne Manor and the Batcave focused around Batman and Alfred.

Lazarus Rising - immortal Clayface is using his powers to infiltrate and control the criminal underworld. Detective missions tracking him down, finding a way to end his immortality (linked with The Body of Ra's Al Ghul) and finally an epic boss fight where he shifts into a whole bunch of characters from the series and takes on Batman.

The Hush thing bothers me every time. He should have been a major part of the main game and it felt like he was set up as such and just tossed aside (alongside other pieces of set up that are ignored or unfortunately minor in AK) because someone wanted to use [BLACKOUT]Jason.[/BLACKOUT] Still a fun game, but I can't shake the feeling there was probably a better and more cohesive story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"