• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to pick one game as my GOTY. Rise of the Tomb Raider. It has great story, great gameplay. Everything is balanced.

Just got Fallout 4 so it could change. Do think MGSV should be GOTY but the story, repetitive side missions, and just emptiness in it's vast and impressive open world hurts the game. I blame Konami more than Kojima since Kojima wasn't done with the game. Konami really ****ed Kojima over. Glad now he doesn't have strings to hold him down. Really hope he does a horror game with del Toro. Would buy a PS4 just for that reason.

Arkham Knight though is probably in the top 10 of best games of 2015. People on this thread (and site) are a little more critically of the game because most are Batman fans first and gamers second. Nothing wrong with that at all. This is a superhero site and not a game site so it's understandable. Arkham Knight's story wasn't as good as previous games. Had some good ideas like how Joker was involved and Batman really facing all his demons. All his secrets, all his failures, all in one night. It's a great concept. How Jason was the Arkham Knight, Bruce revealing his identity, telling Gordon Barbara has been working with him, failing to save Talia, all with Joker there to haunt him. There were characters who were underused. Hush, Azrael, Two-Face, Penguin, Deathstroke, and even Scarecrow which this game is probably is best characterization even in comics, film, tv, and games. The gameplay as Batman was perfected and dual play combat is great (if only there was more in it). Batmobile is overused. Still not a bad game at all. Lot more pluses then minuses.

Last edited:
Arkham Knight should have been treated the same way as Kylo Ren's identity, build it up instead of trying to have a big shocker.

Arkham Knight should have been treated the same way as Kylo Ren's identity, build it up instead of trying to have a big shocker.
Do you mean in pre-release before the game came out or during the story? Because in Force Awakens Ren's identity was explained in almost the first scene of the movie, then specifically detailed in probably the end of Act 1.

I consider this game a top game of the year but just nowhere near as THE best.

If you mean pre-release:

In all seriousness, I mean Arkham Knight wasn't promoted that much. Rewatch the trailers.

[YT]wsf78BS9VE0[/YT]

[YT]7q4U_QRcg84[/YT]

[YT]pO2_iUkojCY[/YT]

[YT]jPXtuCDp47s[/YT]

[YT]VpXUIh7rlWI[/YT]

[YT]CINA288fZUs[/YT]

[YT]FX1uGqXD2n8[/YT]

Scarecrow was heavily promoted as the main villain for the game. Hell the Arkham Knight only has a few pieces of dialogue. He's more like the Boba Fett to Scarecrow's Vader (I think that works?).

I feel like the Arkham Knight was more hyped from fan speculation than Rocksteady. A new Batman villain and he's not the focus in any of the trailers but Scarecrow is?

Now if you mean in the story:

I mean we all pretty much knew Jason would be the Arkham Knight once we saw the Jason flashbacks. It's more of a shocker to Batman just so we can have that "I thought you were dead" moment.

Do you mean in pre-release before the game came out or during the story? Because in Force Awakens Ren's identity was explained in almost the first scene of the movie, then specifically detailed in probably the end of Act 1.

Yeah during the game, even in Judd Winnick's Under the Red Hood movie, Batman pretty much immediately figures out who Red Hood is and then finds proof to solve his case.

Arkham Knight's identity ingame should have been obvious to Batman as fast as possible, not during the last minute.
I mean we all pretty much knew Jason would be the Arkham Knight once we saw the Jason flashbacks. It's more of a shocker to Batman just so we can have that "I thought you were dead" moment.

I think we all knew who Arkham Knight was when we first hear his dialogue. :b

Jason was my number one suspect to be the Arkham knight since the announcement. It just seemed so obvious because of Batman's rogue. Red hood is up there as far as someone who challenges him physically and mentally.

I originally thought that it would be Bruce against himself somehow. Not clone.. As in he would be his own worst enemy.. Maybe drugged or hypnotized to do these wrong things as AK.. And he would have an inner struggle against himself.

After a few more trailers.. I said "well, it's Jason Todd."

I was hoping for a Bruce clone by Ra's or Waller or that he would actually be a brand new character that was a vigilante somewhere and inspired by Batman until deciding that he could be a way better one.

Those 4chan "spoilers" that were posted last year sounded entirely better than what they official story is.

So I started playing. I can't be the only person who accidentally hits L1 during a combo attack and calls the Batmobile by mistake? That's annoying. I really don't understand why Rocksteady changed the control layout from Arkham City.

Last edited:
I didn't mind that the Arkham Knight was Jason, because it always had the potential for some great scenes on offer...
Didn't get them.

The anticlimactic reveal. Jason helps out Batman for a tiny fraction. The end.

Not only is knight my game of the year by far but it may be my favorite game of all time!

A Bruce Wayne clone would of been a horrible choice to be the Arkham Knight. Jason Todd was the only choice if they weren't going a grown up Damien Wayne.

I feel the same. Ignore the haters.

Ohhhhh youuuu

MKo7um4.gif

It would have to be a poor year for games for this to be game of the year!

I didn't mind that the Arkham Knight was Jason, because it always had the potential for some great scenes on offer...
Didn't get them.

The anticlimactic reveal. Jason helps out Batman for a tiny fraction. The end.

And there was no cut-scene after that ending showing Bruce acknowledging that he saved him.

Jason turns a huge emotional corner and is never heard from again.

It would have to be a poor year for games for this to be game of the year!

This, I mean wow. I love the Arkham games. And I like Knight but in the series for me it's weak and game of the year? Joker what are these guys smoking please tell me? We've had 3 votes for game of the year here hahaha

Trying to remember emotional scenes in Arkham games:
1) Arkham Asylum. Bruce's parents death.
2) Arkham City. Same. Maybe Talia's death, maybe Harley expecting a child. Maybe Joker's death.
3) Arkham Origins. Can't remember anything.
4) Arkham Knight. In comparison to all previous games, Ivy's death and rebirth, Freeze vs. Nora, Gordon learning the truth about Barbara. Jason Todd felt unresolved, even despite he saves Batman in the end.

Trying to remember emotional scenes in Arkham games:
1) Arkham Asylum. Bruce's parents death.
2) Arkham City. Same. Maybe Talia's death, maybe Harley expecting a child. Maybe Joker's death.
4) Arkham Knight. In comparison to all previous games, Ivy's death and rebirth, Freeze vs. Nora, Gordon learning the truth about Barbara. Jason Todd felt unresolved, even despite he saves Batman in the end.

Pretty much describes all of Origins in a nut-shell.

It's definitely game of the year :up:
While it's weak in some areas (well every game in the series has it's weak spots) it's my favorite of the series. But the greatness of the previous games is what made Knight so polished, and the variety in gameplay with the vehicular combat made it much more enjoyable for me.

I'm glad they added something new like the Batmobile and tank battles because the series was already tired in the combat/predator room department for me. That's why I'm usually surprised that some despised the batmobile/tank battles so much, did they want more predator rooms when we've had 3 games of the same stuff? :hehe:

And with the DLC it's not like the gameplay there was gonna be that much different either, they'll throw in a combat room, a small cutscene, predator room, combat then done :funny:. I think the series needed the Batmobile because I doubt I would have enjoyed it as much. The new batmobile puzzles and combat breathed some new life into the series for me. I can't excuse a couple boss battles that were just tank battles when they had no business being tank battles but it didn't ruin the game for me.

Oh and us being spoiled with classic Batsuits/Batmobiles gets an extra point from me :woot:

You literally get a 10 from me if you allow me to do this in a game

x9MSwnk.jpg

Bruce and Alfred's argument late in the game got to me. I'm so used to seeing their relationship as casual and detached in these games, then they get all emotional and aggressive. It was really nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"