• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have a Superman game, then they should have him fight robots, aliens or other super-powered people. They do not have to weaken his powers.

If they create villians that are ultimately more powerful than him, then even without the depowering, people will still find the complaint with it.
Superman Returns got it right with the destruction meter.
When he fights, it's not about himself losing in the battle, it's the consequences of what that loss will do to the people he's protecting. So, maybe they need something like that again.

Fair warning, it only gets worse from here. You've got a slew of tedious tank battles and boring militia tasks ahead of you.

I don't know why but it saddens me extra seeing your disappointment in the game, being the huge Batman fan you are! I mean, I'm a Batman fan as well but not on your level and I feel Arkham Knight is the biggest disappointment in my eyes since God of War: Ascension. :csad:

In a vacuum, it doesnt work on its own but it was clearly set up for AK. Several plot elements from AC were left unresolved bc they intended to tie things together with the final game. Thats how I look at it now in hindsight having played AK

Reminds me of how awesome I thought their Hush side quest was in Arkham City, just to later see it lead up to his disappointing conclusion in Arkham Knight...

If they create villians that are ultimately more powerful than him, then even without the depowering, people will still find the complaint with it.
Superman Returns got it right with the destruction meter.
When he fights, it's not about himself losing in the battle, it's the consequences of what that loss will do to the people he's protecting. So, maybe they need something like that again.

That last part is exactly what I want in a Superman game. Sure, it's been tried in Superman games before, but it could be done well with the right developers.

Imagine a Superman vs. Doomsday or Brainiac boss fight :hmr:

Would QTEs and button-mashing be beneficial to the physical effects and punishment Superman goes through? And not just for the sake of covering a level? But more like the stakes in MGS? Where if you failed the button-mashing in the torture room, Ocelot would've killed Meryl?

I think the game shouldn't have any game overs and instead of having one story, it should have multiple endings that relates the successes and (or) failures Supes would experience due to the player.

Each victory or failure in a boss battle would lead to something different... like Until Dawn?

This has been discussed, off topic, to death in the Arkham threads and on topic in the Superman thread. Refer to that.

I think I would have enjoyed Arkham Knight's story more if it was the second part of Rocksteady's trilogy.

I think they jumped the shark a little with Joker's death in part 2, they should have saved that until part 3. The phychological 'Batman defeating the Joker's legacy' just didn't cut it and it ended up detracting from the Red Hood and Scarecrow threats.

Part 2 should have focused on a non Joker villain, with Joker only playing a supporting part like Two Face or Mr. Freeze.

Yeah pretty much. Joker could have been at AC's fun house the whole time and just be a boss fight of some kind or Batman interrogates him to see if he knows what Strange was up to.

The titan element didn't need to continue and most of Joker's attention could have gone to Strange and others. Joker and Talia dying would have been a huge enough ending for the franchise than Bruce's identity being reveled

What makes or brakes a product for fans?
Say they see a trailer for a movie or game and decide hay I think the movie or game will play out like this and they like that idea but when they see the final product and it doesn't line up with how they thought it would then they cry foul.
Now reading fan forums it just seems that it comes across as they didn't do this or that and they come across always as they know better but it isn't their story or product. They get so hung up on designs or actors/directors or a concept like a Batman in a Superman movie or a Batman game that's the end story and it just kills their enjoyment. In a way the film makers and studios are in a no win situation.
I can usually enjoy a lot of things but it's so easy to say oh I would of done this or this. Just Pisses me off they people carry on. Please. Was the product a fun ride and entertaining and did it do or say what the product set out to do like Batman fighting Superman or have a conclusion to a game series. Who knows...

What makes or brakes a product for fans?
Say they see a trailer for a movie or game and decide hay I think the movie or game will play out like this and they like that idea but when they see the final product and it doesn't line up with how they thought it would then they cry foul.
Now reading fan forums it just seems that it comes across as they didn't do this or that and they come across always as they know better but it isn't their story or product. They get so hung up on designs or actors/directors or a concept like a Batman in a Superman movie or a Batman game that's the end story and it just kills their enjoyment. In a way the film makers and studios are in a no win situation.
I can usually enjoy a lot of things but it's so easy to say oh I would of done this or this. Just Pisses me off they people carry on. Please. Was the product a fun ride and entertaining and did it do or say what the product set out to do like Batman fighting Superman or have a conclusion to a game series. Who knows...

This is barely legible.

This is barely legible.

No. Its easy to understand. I just spoke up. My post is the truth and I l'm trying to understand why fans !@#$ on things they so love so much then go see or play it multiple times or discuss their negativeness. I don't know why. It boggles the mind.
Disliking something about a produc I understand but then bashing every little thing about it seems way out of line. Sick of the negative fan attitudes towards things. Then because they don't like something they berate people who do and cry so loud that they make out that they are right.
I just want a nice dissuscion about the things we fans enjoy not all about the things they hate.

Dude, give it up. Why do you care so much if people love this game or not? Unless you are working at Rocksteady and getting a bonus based on performance, your inability to let this go and just agree that people dont share the same sentiment as you is quite puzzling. The overwhelming response on here is that the game is a dissappointment. You love it? Thats great, but there is no need to keep coming back to the same point, acting upset bc people are critical and dont like whats been done with this game. You arent the only person here that loves it but the difference is others dont act personally offended that people dont and arent going into constant rants about being irritated that said people are expressing that.

If you are so sick of the negative response to AK, then you can do yourself a favor and dont come into this thread bc if you havent figured it out since June, people were, are and will continue to be negative when they talk about their experience with this game. For you to be here, you need to find a way to deal with that or else you are only going to continue to upset yourself and thats no ones fault but your own.

Dude, give it up. Why do you care so much if people love this game or not? Unless you are working at Rocksteady and getting a bonus based on performance, your inability to let this go and just agree that people dont share the same sentiment as you is quite puzzling. The overwhelming response on here is that the game is a dissappointment. You love it? Thats great, but there is no need to keep coming back to the same point, acting upset bc people are critical and dont like whats been done with this game. You arent the only person here that loves it but the difference is others dont act personally offended that people dont and arent going into constant rants about being irritated that said people are expressing that.

If you are so sick of the negative response to AK, then you can do yourself a favor and dont come into this thread bc if you havent figured it out since June, people were, are and will continue to be negative when they talk about their experience with this game. For you to be here, you need to find a way to deal with that or else you are only going to continue to upset yourself and thats no ones fault but your own.

Hear hear :up:

This has been discussed, off topic, to death in the Arkham threads and on topic in the Superman thread. Refer to that.

?
link-legend-of-zelda.jpg

Clever way of asking for a link lol

Last edited:
So while visiting my brother we've been playing AK together. I don't have a PS4 yet so this is my first go.

The game is fun, graphics are awesome. But damn, the mission set up really really favors the batmobile. It seems like every 10-15 minutes of play time leads to more batmobile and drone tanks. I knew the batmobile was heavily favored, but damn.

I feel like there's only one place in the main story, where the game truly forces you to use Batmobile a lot. [BLACKOUT]When you have to descent into City of Fear. After that - large battles, cobras, Cloudburst, plenty of tunnel driving, drill machine boss.[/BLACKOUT] All of that lasts for a couple of hours. And there's little opportunity to do stuff on your two. During the rest of the main story, while you have to engage into tank battles or using Batmobile for some other stuff, ratio is much smaller. Like 1:10.

The main story maybe, but 40% of the game as as whole is Batmobile ********.

LOL...the batmobile is not a 10 percent of the game. If that were the case, most people wouldnt have an issue with it

Has a player or something actually put numbers together about how much time you spend in batmobile specific gameplay sections compared to everything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"