• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok just right now, was tracking Barbra's location, and I had to do one of those bomb in the road things to continue. :/

I wish we could change the weather anytime we want like from day to night and from clear to rain to snow.

That's one reason why the story taking place over one night sucks, it was fine for AA and AO but AC and AK really should have at least been over a few nights.

Dude, give it up. Why do you care so much if people love this game or not? Unless you are working at Rocksteady and getting a bonus based on performance, your inability to let this go and just agree that people dont share the same sentiment as you is quite puzzling. The overwhelming response on here is that the game is a dissappointment. You love it? Thats great, but there is no need to keep coming back to the same point, acting upset bc people are critical and dont like whats been done with this game. You arent the only person here that loves it but the difference is others dont act personally offended that people dont and arent going into constant rants about being irritated that said people are expressing that.

If you are so sick of the negative response to AK, then you can do yourself a favor and dont come into this thread bc if you havent figured it out since June, people were, are and will continue to be negative when they talk about their experience with this game. For you to be here, you need to find a way to deal with that or else you are only going to continue to upset yourself and thats no ones fault but your own.

No I enjoy coming here. I just think it's wasted energy to go over and over on the negative aspects of a product all the time. I love Arkham Knight. Platinumed it. All dlc. Did everything more than once but for people to tell me that I over look so called flaws ( flaws are a matter of opinion) and that I don't discuss flaws seems nuts to some posters.
The game is perfect to me. Perfect. GAME OF THE YEAR. It has endless amounts of replay value. The season pass was worth it. It was a satisfying conclusion to the series. I would change nothing. Fighting was improved. Loved. Loved. LOVED THE BAT MOBILE and the tank missions. Yeah they are sometimes difficult but a game had to challenge you. That's the fun. I have it on ps4. Collecters edition. Its my favorite of the Arkham games. I appreciate Rocksteady effort in giving me a game that I will love and play for years on end.

People don't think that Arkham Knight is perfect. Quick, get offended! :o

I wish we could change the weather anytime we want like from day to night and from clear to rain to snow.

That's one reason why the story taking place over one night sucks, it was fine for AA and AO but AC and AK really should have at least been over a few nights.

It's kind of a waste that they created those beautiful day time lighting effects for the 5 second sequence where you play as Gordon and walk into the Studios.

LOL...the batmobile is not a 10 percent of the game. If that were the case, most people wouldnt have an issue with it
I finished it twice. Playing it for the third time. Batmobile is way more apparent on side missions. Chases, racing, mines, half of Riddler challenges. But the main quest - you spend a lot more time on feet, than in Batmobile, except for that Cloudburst sequence. For every 20-30 minutes on feet, you spend 2 minutes fighting drones or delivering Batmobile to a certain location (average). You can completely ignore Batmobile as a traversal device and just fly around Gotham on your own. Besides, there are long Batmobile-free sequences, like Stagg airships or Panessa movie studio.

I'm getting convinced more and more, that Batmobile is an insane over-reaction.

Last edited:
So while playing today, this question popped into my head.

Arkham Knight knows pretty much everything about Batman, no doubt his non-killing policy as well.

So why have the backbone of your territory control forces (drone tanks) be unmanned? Don't you think it would be another huge obstacle for Batman trying to get around defeating these tanks without killing soldiers inside them?

People don't think that Arkham Knight is perfect. Quick, get offended! :o

:hehe:

Arkham Knight knows pretty much everything about Batman, no doubt his non-killing policy as well.

So why have the backbone of your territory control forces (drone tanks) be unmanned? Don't you think it would be another huge obstacle for Batman trying to get around defeating these tanks without killing soldiers inside them?

That would require good writing, Brolly. This game doesn't go for that much :o

I finished it twice. Playing it for the third time. Batmobile is way more apparent on side missions. Chases, racing, mines, half of Riddler challenges. But the main quest - you spend a lot more time on feet, than in Batmobile, except for that Cloudburst sequence. For every 20-30 minutes on feet, you spend 2 minutes fighting drones or delivering Batmobile to a certain location (average). You can completely ignore Batmobile as a traversal device and just fly around Gotham on your own. Besides, there are long Batmobile-free sequences, like Stagg airships or Panessa movie studio.

insane overreaction? Nah not at all sorry. I think another good example is how now we cannot use the new Batmobiles in story mode until all the tank battles are complete, which is pretty much the entire story mode. So yeah.

Batman's greatest weapon is fear, drones don't know fear. At least that's the logic given by the Arkham Knight himself.

Hm, im not sure.
A lot of it comes down to the way you play i guess.
To me it definitly felt like the batmobile was used too much.

A game is essentialy comes together with side missions, collectibles, etc.
And when you go from side missions to riddler trophys to the next side mission and then to a main mission...the batmobile feels overused.
Outside the missions, you have a bigger choice to not use it when it comes to fighting thugs, free roaming etc...but in the end you always find something that NEEDS the batmobile.
I also felt like the pacing in this game was off.
It could be that you sometimes walk around on foot for an hour or so in a mission, but it often feels like it was only 10-15 minutes or so.

It is arguable if the batmobile is used too much in the game or not...but i think we can all agree that the marketing totally overused the batmobile.

I see your point, once I grew in skill and understooding of the one shot kill of drones. As well as the tank toggle button (Why that wasn't the default is beyond me)I spent way less time in tank battles. I began see it as a way of breaking up the gameplay between fighting, and predator rooms. There is one tank battle I loathe and that's the Arkham knight.

I feel like I need to sing some praise for Batmobile in Arkham Knight. Poor machine got it rough from some fans.

What saddens me, is that people always gushed over Batmobile in various movies. Rocksteady put so much effort to make us able to experience it. And I think they succeeded. Driving it is fun. Crushing city property, cars, using afterburner. The game almost begs you to drive as careless as possible, because it's a really great spectacle. The way Batmobile is incorporated into Batman's activity is pure genius. The flow itself. You can dive from a building into it with a single button press. Calling it nearly anywhere on the road or catapult from it on max speed and fly on insane heights. Like I had a nice super-cinematic moment, where I had to vaccine Man-bat. I was driving through the streets with afterburner and suddenly noticed him flying near one of skyscrapers. I ejected Batman and on insane speed flew around the building and landed right on Man-bat's head. That was just gorgeous. Like some wild acrobatic number from a movie... And the game allows that. Not gonna name all fun moments with remote controlling, ambushing and stuff. Riddler challenges provided plenty of variety and interesting solutions (but racing sequences need a bit more time space for story mode, because one particular lap was PAIN). Chases were great too. Be it just armored cars or Firefly. Some people compared it to Twisted Metal, but why didn't they compare Batman Begins and Dark Knight with it... It was literally the same thing. I'll never understand that.

Flaws were mentioned already, but for me it's copy-paste mines missions, too many copy-paste chases and Deathstroke battle.

So Steam is suggesting I buy Arkham Knight cause I have the first two games. I will only do so when and if the bugs are ironed out, so **** off Valve!

I see your point, once I grew in skill and understooding of the one shot kill of drones. As well as the tank toggle button (Why that wasn't the default is beyond me)I spent way less time in tank battles. I began see it as a way of breaking up the gameplay between fighting, and predator rooms. There is one tank battle I loathe and that's the Arkham knight.
If you buy overload for your Batmobile, tank battles become even less a problem. Only cobras and Arkham Knight give you some trouble, and there's only 4 of them, among hours and hours of gameplay. I don't consider myself a skillful gamer, nor I actually am, but Arkham Knight requires not skill, but patience. You have to stalk, wait till some cobra go astray... That's a bit annoying, but I like the part where you have drive away on max speed from the Cloudburst. Scary and intense.

Favourite Batmobile to drive? I like the Tumbler. It's not the fastest but I like its handling, engine and wheel noises and how it drifts. After that the BvS Batmobile (love that design) and then the BAKmobile.

The achievements for this month's free Community Challenge Pack have leaked:

original

I wonder who the "Killer" is.

I mainly use the Burton and BvS cars

They introduced a few new (to the game series) villains like Man Bat and that religious dude (forgot his name), but I keep feeling frustrated that they didn't use some more instead of Penguin, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc etc. all over again (counting the DLC). I would've loved to see The Ventriloquist, Prometheus, Great White Shark etc. who've never been used in the games. I'd also want Black Mask get a second chance.

Also, I was super glad when I heard they'd use Man Bat, but I'm really disappointed in the side missions involving him.

I mainly use the Burton and BvS cars
The BvS is easily the best Batmobile in the game, handles amazingly well. The classic Arkham Batmobile handles like complete garbage. I hated doing the trophies for that one, afterburner making me spin out and bouncing off every damn wall around. :cmad:

Man-Bat scaring the **** out of me when looking for him was awesome but rest was a big disappointment for sure.

for me, driving the batmobile was fun. the tank battles not so much. its true that once its fully upgraded the tank battles are a breeze but it takes a while to get there. the lack of real boss battles was a flaw imo.

Man-Bat scaring the **** out of me when looking for him was awesome but rest was a big disappointment for sure.
I'm currently playing NG+ to finish off my platinum and I told myself repeatedly "Be ready for Man-Bat. Be ready for Man-Bat." Did I still jump like a little girl and grab my chest when he popped up?

[BLACKOUT]Abso-f**king-lutely.[/BLACKOUT]

I still haven't completed the militant bomb disarment side quest and I got most batmobile upgrades. Two or three more bombs left and just too many enemies attacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"