BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top personal choices are still Brolin and Fassbender. Armitage fits more into the "wouldn't be outraged or excited if he were cast but would be open to giving him a chance" category.

Feh. Half the actors suggested have had at least one stupid project they've been involved in.

The point is, this is the kind of actor they need to use; someone who has a name that could draw in female audiences as well as male and the comic book audience.

Find a way to bring the female audience in, and WB is set.

They already that in Cavill.

Yeah Henry Cavill already draws a female audience. Hell they even wrote in that joke about the female Army member thinking how hot he was.

I think Armitage is a strong possibility.

And he has what it takes to play the part.

I thought the same thing, that actor's name is Henry Cavill. So we already have a hot guy. Next.

I would love to know what peoples realistic guesses would be. Choice and preference aside, who do you actually think is going to get the role?

My guess would be Gyllenhaal. He was in the running for Begins, Goyers top pick I believe. He was also rumored to be up for the role of Dent. He's not attached to another large competing franchise and is a solid actor with name recognition.

Feh. Half the actors suggested have had at least one stupid project they've been involved in.

The point is, this is the kind of actor they need to use; someone who has a name that could draw in female audiences as well as male and the comic book audience.

Find a way to bring the female audience in, and WB is set.

Amy is well liked and they have Henry.

Armitage for Batman and Mark Strong for Lex Luthor would be the choices that make me go "OK im completely fine with that, now let's move on and let's see some pics of them on set". But that's it. Id be fine with them but I wouldn't get excited over the announcements whatsoever.

Brolin, Fassbender, Hamm, Gosling...any of these actors cast for Batman would make me seriously freak out with excitement.

I officially want this dude for Bats
157833012-(1).jpg

My personal list is down to him and Brolin.

Bloom or Gosling for a younger Bats.

He wouldn't be "cast over Bale", because Bale is not even a candidate. He values art (the Nolan vision) more than dollar bills. Will he give up his artistic integrity just for the amount of money paid?

Is that why he was in Terminator Salvation?

I think he values not being typecast or whatever as Batman. I do think he cares about the script, but I don't think he's sitting there thinking that only Nolan can make good movies.

If it is Brolin opposite Cavill, he will look dramatically less heroic than Clark. As a straight man, I nevertheless have no difficulty in recognising that Cavill is absurdly handsome. Brolin isn't ugly as such, but few people would be likely to describe him as classically attractive. With the added discrepancy from their difference in age, the physical inequality between the two lead actors would be quite jarring.

Yeah let's keep throwing Fassbenders name out there...since that has probably zero chance of happening.

He's too wimpy for Batman.

I LOL at him in POP.
He crashed and burned in POP because he's not a convincing action hero. I think that he would be a totally unconvincing Bruce Wayne and Batman. I think he is often miscast as a matter of fact. I don't get why Hollywood thinks that every good looking white male is a convincing lead or action hero.

Wow, I forgot where I asked people to judge my opinion completely out of context and not even realistically answer the question I posed. Awseome!

If it is Brolin opposite Cavill, he will look dramatically less heroic than Clark. As a straight man, I nevertheless have no difficulty in recognising that Cavill is absurdly handsome. Brolin isn't ugly as such, but few people would be likely to describe him as classically attractive. With the added discrepancy from their difference in age, the physical inequality between the two lead actors would be quite jarring.
That's the point. I don't want Batman looking like he's as heroic as Superman. Because he isn't.

Yeah let's keep throwing Fassbenders name out there...since that has probably zero chance of happening.

You mean just like Gyllenhaal? :o Fassbender has got a really busy schedule but then again this is going to be MAINLY a Superman film. Batman/Bruce Wayne's actual screen time could be overestimated by a lot of people. Don't see why Fassbender is any less probable than someone like Gyllenhaal (who is an awful choice by the way, it would be like casting Tobey Maguire for Batman) who's got that youthful, non threatening pretty boy look.

Armitage looks like the joker don't hit me ok. And for women does he's really appealling. He have the age he have the voice, but he looks like a villain for me, don't get me wrong he's a good actor i have nothing against him but i can see him as Batman.

If you cant see the reasons why...

Where did I say Gyllenhaal was my actual preference?
Did you read my post or did you just jump on that and thought you'd chime in?

Yeah I read your post...and I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest Gyllenhaal even had a chance other than being rumored for the last Batman films.

So instead of reading my post and answering the question you just thought to criticize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"