BvS Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with josh Brolin, Hamm and Harnett.

I have no problem with josh Brolin, Hamm and Harnett.
Maybe all three of them can play Batman/Bruce by committee.

Brolin plays him under the cowl.
Hamm plays him in a suit.
Hartnett plays him otherwise.

Hartnett may look he's Kilmer 5 years ago, but I sense a dark horse in him. ...I sense Kilmer ate one :o

Scott Adkins plays him when on the toilet.

In the moment the guy looks decent and he's over 34 i have no problem, why being picky.

hamm as older bats
armitage as prime bats
hartnett as early bats (soon as he's off the fatman diet)
cumberbatch as the who the what the f*** pick (that colors me interested)
fass is the "so you're saying there's a chance" pick.

there are plenty of other guys I'd reserve judgement for like brolin (the age is my issue) hammer maganiello (I'm eh on them, too tall too) bentley (kinda tiny)

very few actors match up to bale in hollywood so I'm not go with the "we went from an oscar winner to a that" train of thought. bale's in the same class as ddl, streep and naomi watts, so all of the candidates are a step down in terms of acting ability, but that isn't to say they'll be bad batmen when bale wasn't necessarily perfect as batman( but was as bruce wayne).

ЯɘvlveR;26697835 said:
hamm as older bats
armitage as prime bats
hartnett as early bats (soon as he's off the fatman diet)
cumberbatch as the who the what the f*** pick (that colors me interested)
fass is the "so you're saying there's a chance" pick.

there are plenty of other guys I'd reserve judgement for like brolin (the age is my issue) hammer maganiello (I'm eh on them, too tall too) bentley (kinda tiny)

very few actors match up to bale in hollywood so I'm not go with the "we went from an oscar winner to a that" train of thought. bale's in the same class as ddl, streep and naomi watts, so all of the candidates are a step down in terms of acting ability, but that isn't to say they'll be bad batmen when bale wasn't necessarily perfect as batman( but was as bruce wayne).

:up: I think those are some pretty good choices for the different age groups.

Are people on here talking about Josh Hartnett and if so, why?

Didn't he make a big deal about how he turned down Superman in 2004/2005?

When you say you don't want to do something, that's when people want you to do it even more.

He turned down a lot of money and apparently what was believed to be a 10 year contract. Someone post a link with an interesting article about how it angered some people in Hollywood and alienated him. It's a pity, I think he's pretty good and turned some fine performances in some really underrated films.

slumcat said:
I wouldn't say pansy but the way he talks and behave in interviews, he comes across as floaty. And he is 100% confirmed straight and has a beautiful wife, so that's outta the way, but he definitely is floaty. He's just too.... I don't know... enthusiastic or something.

Eh, I don't understand some people's hyper vigilance about "masculinity" and whether certain people fit some narrow definition of "the right behavior" or not. The guy has his own personality, is willing to show it, and I commend him for that. Certainly need more people that are willing to be themselves in the world.

*steps off of soapbox* Alright, back to Batman.

He turned down a lot of money and apparently what was believed to be a 10 year contract. Someone post a link with an interesting article about how it angered some people in Hollywood and alienated him. It's a pity, I think he's pretty good and turned some fine performances in some really underrated films.
I want to say I remember it being said that he rejected based on not wanting to be locked into a 10 year contract, not necessarily that he has anything against superhero roles

gained they'd probably want whoever they cast to sign a contract for this as well, so...

all tho, that was a while ago now, maybe at this point in his career he'd be more willing to sign... who knows

Hartnett making a 'comeback' with Batman would be kind of cool.

What tidbits is El Mayimbe going to drop about BvS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"