Batman Forever ?2006 Special Edition?

fabman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hello y'all.

You remember, last winter I started to work with LienLien on an Extended version of 1995's "Batman Forever". But I was abandoned by LienLien since I am not hearing anything from him for a long time. Now, I would like to know who would be interested in cutting and editing the film based on changes 'directed by' me and, naturally, YOU!

So, what I wanted to make is a version where the cut scenes from the 2-Disc-SE are in, again. I would like to have music from both Danny Elfman and Elliot Goldenthal: especially in action scenes and car chases I'd like to hear something more 'Elfmanny'... Why this!? Well, in 2004 / 2005 Warner Bros. announced there would be a '10th Anniversary Special Edition' cut by Joel Schumacher with new Special FX and the 'lost scenes': what did we get? The same ol' busted film with cut scenes on disc two.

Do I like the original "Batman Forever"? NO! I don't like it, and that's why I do this, it's a kind of experiment. Could an 'edited' movie be better than the theatrical version? Who knows!? If we all help together, we'd know. I just know that the trailer of "Batman Foreve" with Danny Elfman's score didn't look THAT bad, and in 1995, when I was a kid I really looked forward to that movie, but then, I didn't like it: EVEN AS KID.

Thanks for reading,

to the next, Fab Man.

Would be fun too see dude. But one thing,WB did not officially announce a Directors Cut of Batman Forever. "Batman-on-film" reported that.

Oh, OK! Then sorry. But there were some reports saying that and I think WB is treating the Superman franchise better than the Batman's. So, super85, 1 question, would you be interested in beeing involved in this project, if not technical, artistically? Pitching ideas, etc.?

fabman said:
Hello y'all.

You remember, last winter I started to work with LienLien on an Extended version of 1995's "Batman Forever". But I was abandoned by LienLien since I am not hearing anything from him for a long time. Now, I would like to know who would be interested in cutting and editing the film based on changes 'directed by' me and, naturally, YOU!

So, what I wanted to make is a version where the cut scenes from the 2-Disc-SE are in, again. I would like to have music from both Danny Elfman and Elliot Goldenthal: especially in action scenes and car chases I'd like to hear something more 'Elfmanny'... Why this!? Well, in 2004 / 2005 Warner Bros. announced there would be a '10th Anniversary Special Edition' cut by Joel Schumacher with new Special FX and the 'lost scenes': what did we get? The same ol' busted film with cut scenes on disc two.

Do I like the original "Batman Forever"? NO! I don't like it, and that's why I do this, it's a kind of experiment. Could an 'edited' movie be better than the theatrical version? Who knows!? If we all help together, we'd know. I just know that the trailer of "Batman Foreve" with Danny Elfman's score didn't look THAT bad, and in 1995, when I was a kid I really looked forward to that movie, but then, I didn't like it: EVEN AS KID.

Thanks for reading,

to the next, Fab Man.

No offense, but if you just start throwing in things which you think are cool, you're going to end up with a big mess. Take the soundtrack; whether you like Forever's existing score or not, throwing in Elfman tracks will just disrupt the whole soundscape and take the viewer out of the movie.

I love Forever, and I'd love to see a director's cut; but a cut that improves the story and characterisation, not a half-assed fan attempt to smuge out anything that they consider not true to their vision of Batman. That is very embarassing and short-sighted. Forever is Schumachr's Batman, take it or leave it. Don't try and alter it because you don't understand that the film is inspired by 40's and 50's Batman comics you've never read.

You will disruppt the Batman-time continuum. Never mess with things like this, it would result into an earth shatterting paradox.

To / Thanks Kevin Roegele & to all the other fans.

You have kinda opened my eyes, Kevin. I think we should not alter Batman Forever's style. What you said is much better. The most stupid thing of Batman Forever was the story, it seemed trimmed down: missing parts, etc. I thought it was strange to see Bats in action @ the very beginning. So, Kevin seems to be a Forever professional, aren't you interested in helping me 'artistically'? BUT WE HAVE TO CUT OUT THE INFAMOUS BUTT SHOTS. I really want to make sure they are not in the film, sooo...

I think BF stays the same, keep Goldenthals score, OK!? But please help me to put in those wonderful cut scenes again! Thank you.

I love Forever, and I'd love to see a director's cut; but a cut that improves the story and characterisation, not a half-assed fan attempt to smuge out anything that they consider not true to their vision of Batman. That is very embarassing and short-sighted. Forever is Schumachr's Batman, take it or leave it. Don't try and alter it because you don't understand that the film is inspired by 40's and 50's Batman comics you've never read.

You didn't get it right or I wrote it kinda wrong, but what I wanted to do wasn't a "half-assed fan attempt to smuge out everything that they don't consider true to their vision of Batman". But again, "Batman Forever" has a big potential. Putting the cut scenes in it again COULD IMPROVE IT HUGELY. So, I didn't ever say I wanted to smuge out 'campy' scenes or anything.

OK --- if you don't want Elfman!?! It is OK! Anyway, I just loved the trailer with Elfman's music. You can't say it doesn't work great!

Hey, i can undestand everything, but what the hell wrong with Elfman's music. PS: Hi everyone!

fabman said:
To / Thanks Kevin Roegele & to all the other fans.

You have kinda opened my eyes, Kevin. I think we should not alter Batman Forever's style. What you said is much better. The most stupid thing of Batman Forever was the story, it seemed trimmed down: missing parts, etc. I thought it was strange to see Bats in action @ the very beginning. So, Kevin seems to be a Forever professional, aren't you interested in helping me 'artistically'? BUT WE HAVE TO CUT OUT THE INFAMOUS BUTT SHOTS. I really want to make sure they are not in the film, sooo...

I think BF stays the same, keep Goldenthals score, OK!? But please help me to put in those wonderful cut scenes again! Thank you.

I'd prefer the movie without the asscam shot, but it's so ridiculous it's funny now. All superhero movies have the gearing up scenes, of the hero putting on his gloves, his boots, his mask, so showing Batman's ass is the sort of joke that would be used in a parody if Schumacher hadn't done it anyway.

As for the deleted scenes from the new Forever DVD, you can't put them in
because you don't have them all. The vital missing part is Bruce waking up with amnesia and not knowing he's Batman. Bruce doesn't even know who he is during those scenes in the cave, until he comes across the giant bat. You can't throw in those scenes out of context.

fabman said:
You didn't get it right or I wrote it kinda wrong, but what I wanted to do wasn't a "half-assed fan attempt to smuge out everything that they don't consider true to their vision of Batman". But again, "Batman Forever" has a big potential. Putting the cut scenes in it again COULD IMPROVE IT HUGELY. So, I didn't ever say I wanted to smuge out 'campy' scenes or anything.

OK --- if you don't want Elfman!?! It is OK! Anyway, I just loved the trailer with Elfman's music. You can't say it doesn't work great!

I respect your intentions and your willingness to accept the opinions of others, but I simply doubt you have enough material to improve the film to any worthwhile extent. Believe me, were the proper footage was avaliable, I myself would be trying to put it in the proper order and recreate the original version of Forever. And I do know it scene by scene.

Elfman's music is fantastic, and I prefer it, but you don't just stick it into a completely different score.

If you are still intending to go ahead with your plan, I suggest you read both the original scripts (avalaible online) and Peter David's excellent novelisation, as well as the comicbook adaption.

fabman said:
Hello y'all.

Thanks for reading,

to the next, Fab Man.
Even if all you did was cut out everything between the beginning and end credits you'd be likely to end up with a better movie so I say go for it.

actually, im thinking of the same idea. I even have to tools to do it. Problem is, i have dial up and wouldnt be able to upload it.

However,my ideas are simular to yours:

My Ideas
Cut scenes added in, but cut to fit the film obviously
New Soundtrack from 2006, Replacing music from ten years ago and making it more modern
A less over exagerated Two-Face
Better Editing
Corny Lines taken out
Titled "Batman Forever: 2006"

Those are my ideas, they are simular to yours but different also.

Well, yeah... I say, GO FOR IT.

However, try to take out any and all ridiculous lines... keep the Goldenthal soundtrack... make it kind of a Batman Forever: De-Assified or De-Campified.

It would... I however suggest you look to the works of greencapt and try to folow in the same vain.

Search for: Batman & Robin: De-Assified

~SeriousDuke

kooguy911 said:
actually, im thinking of the same idea. I even have to tools to do it. Problem is, i have dial up and wouldnt be able to upload it.

However,my ideas are simular to yours:

My Ideas
Cut scenes added in, but cut to fit the film obviously
New Soundtrack from 2006, Replacing music from ten years ago and making it more modern
A less over exagerated Two-Face
Better Editing
Corny Lines taken out
Titled "Batman Forever: 2006"

Those are my ideas, they are simular to yours but different also.

As for the deleted scenes from the new Forever DVD, you can't put them in
because you don't have them all. The vital missing part is Bruce waking up with amnesia and not knowing he's Batman. Bruce doesn't even know who he is during those scenes in the cave, until he comes across the giant bat. You can't throw in those scenes out of context.

no but i can edit them;

see when he gave up being batman he can go into the cave and thats when he realises he must be batman

kooguy911 said:
no but i can edit them;

see when he gave up being batman he can go into the cave and thats when he realises he must be batman

That doesn't work at all. Trying to add scenes in the wrong context would only make Batman Forever worse. I mean, how will you explain why Bruce and Alfred are in the cave anyway?

alfred wants bruce to be batman again so he brings him into the cave and bruce sees the bat which reminds him to face his fears and become batman again

i dont know thats the best i can come up with. I can just not add that scene.

kooguy911 said:
alfred wants bruce to be batman again so he brings him into the cave and bruce sees the bat which reminds him to face his fears and become batman again

i dont know thats the best i can come up with. I can just not add that scene.

Then why do it in the first place--! Do you understand what I mean? There is not enough deleted material avaliable to make the film as it was. If there was, I would be doing it.

D'Artagnan said:
Then why do it in the first place--! Do you understand what I mean? There is not enough deleted material avaliable to make the film as it was. If there was, I would be doing it.

:up: Took the words right out of my post...I mean, mouth. ;)

there are plenty of reasons to do it,

corny lines gotta go
two-face is over the top
some cut scenes CAN be added
music, by request, should be updated

If you dont aggree then simply dont download it.

So, kooguy911, you're on board as editor?

Another special edition DVD? WTF?

Well this time show the videos from the soundtrack (Seal's "Kiss from A Rose", U2's "Hold me,Thrill me,Kiss me" and Method Man's "Riddler")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"