Who owns Batman Forever Special Edition DVD?

Prognosticator said:
I told myself I'd probably never watch Batman Forever after I watched it last fall, but I didn't realize there were director commentaries on the dvd...i'll have to watch it again!

...is there commentary on Batman & Robin? b/c i'd probably get high and watch that one (i'm kidding, i'd do neither)

I'm listening and watching B&R right now with commentary. The same old Schumacher stuff so far. He keeps talking about the family theme of Forever and B&R and how the studio wanted more families to attend the films. It was funny when he mentioned in both commentaries that some fans may be upset with the lighter tone :rolleyes: . Schumacher constantly mentions about how dark Batman Returns was. I truly don't understand Schumacher. At least one positive thing about Batman Forever was that it was the top grossing film of 1995. It resurrected the franchise...makes you wonder if it wasn't for Forever would we even be graced with Batman Begins.

Actually Toy Story and I believe Apollo 13 both grossed higher than BF

Prognosticator said:
Actually Toy Story and I believe Apollo 13 both grossed higher than BF

BF was HUGE that year. I dont mean just box office but the overal buzz on the movie. Toy Story was the only movie to take in more money that year and it was only 6 million more.

LongDong said:
BF was HUGE that year. I dont mean just box office but the overal buzz on the movie. Toy Story was the only movie to take in more money that year and it was only 6 million more.

My mistake I thought Forever was the top that year at the box office. But it was huge that year.

I watched B&R last night with commentary I guess that was the only way I could actually tolerate the movie. Schumacher disses George Clooney pretty bad. The only positive thing he said was that he was good in the Bruce Wayne scenes with Alfred. Other than that it was the same old Schumacher. I found it fascinating that his favorite Batman story was Year One. He wanted to film a version of Year One after Forever but was kind of forced by the studio to do a film similar to B&R. It is amazing what those studio heads can force a director to do. The marketing juggeranut was in full strength. The reason he said that the movie had some many vehicles were to make more toys for the kids. We all know Batman is more than just a story for kids. They are so many elements that appeal to all age groups. The film was way too over the top for me. This is the only new Batman DVD that I haven't watched all of the bonus features for. I simply bought the movie to complete my Batman film collection. I may suffer through the bonus features later tonight after I finish work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"