Who owns Batman Forever Special Edition DVD?

Two Face said:
Sure he hadthe looks and can act too. I liked his Batman and Bruce voice different from each other unlike Clooney who had same voice as Bruce/Batman. Uncharismatic?? No flacid?? Yes.

Sorry, but he was in no way better than Keaton. Keaton may not have had the look, but at least he had the voice as well as the dark, brooding presence. Kilmer had neither of those qualities. And yes, he was very uncharismatic IMO.

I actaully really like Kilmer as an actor, but he was horrible as Batman. I think he would've been better had he not been saddled with such bad material.

IMO Batman Forever was the worst film of the old franchise...yes, even worse than THAT film.

StorminNorman said:
IMO Batman Forever was the worst film of the old franchise...yes, even worse than THAT film.

I agree. It's fitting that Two Face was the villian, because the film itself struggles with its own duality crisis. At one moment it's outrageously campy and over the top, the next moment it's trying to be serious, and so on and so forth. It what completely kills the film. B&R was just as bad, but at least the mood is consistent througout the film. One of these days I'm going to try and watch B&R again and view it as a comedy rather than an actual adaptation of the Batman mythos, and see if it makes it more enjoyable.

Two Face said:
I liked his Batman and Bruce voice different from each other unlike Clooney who had same voice as Bruce/Batman.

I couldnt tell a difference in Kilmers voice. as a matter of fact, i think there were quit afew scenes where he had a "Batman" voice while playing Bruce Wayne.

SHADOWBAT69 said:
I couldnt tell a difference in Kilmers voice. as a matter of fact, i think there were quit afew scenes where he had a "Batman" voice while playing Bruce Wayne.

Now that I think of it, I kind of agree with you.

LongDong said:
Sure the nipples, groin and butt shots were lame but the rest of the movie was much better than the previous one (returns) and a little better than bat89 plus Kilmer was a way better Batman.
AHAHAHA! I couldn't possibly disagree any more. :down :o I'm sorry you think that.

LongDong said:
, for all intents and purposes this was the best film of the original 4 movies.

Only if you're both BLIND and Gay! (I know I'm gonna get ripped for this:(

Oh sh**, I just looked at the name you gave yourself! LongDong...How old are you, 14?

Prognosticator said:
I was refering to Schumaker and the bat nipples, relax!

You come in and act like a jackass, and even in your own post state "I know I will get ripped for this" then what the hell do you expect?

I'm not talking about from you, I was refering to someone else. Thanks. Just forget I said anything and continue to praise Batman Forever.

Prognosticator said:
I'm not talking about from you, I was refering to someone else. Thanks. Just forget I said anything and continue to praise Batman Forever.
Good idea, I should save my reading time to stuff actually worth it!:up::up:

Question for those who own the SE of Forever : does bonus features include improv or outtakes work of Jim Carrey???? I think I read on the net (can't trace the source for ya) that there was a lot of material for the destruction of the batcave and they kept like less than a half and not the best things he made
The guy's a genius so can anyone answer please?

Mr.E.Nygma said:
Question for those who own the SE of Forever : does bonus features include improv or outtakes work of Jim Carrey???? I think I read on the net (can't trace the source for ya) that there was a lot of material for the destruction of the batcave and they kept like less than a half and not the best things he made
The guy's a genius so can anyone answer please?

No.

In an interview with Carrey he said that there was only one take for those scenes because it took so long to rig the explosions.

Carrey does show on the extras is dead on impression of flamboyant Joel

I finally decided to sit through the commentary by Joel Schumacher on Batman Forever. My cable was out last night and decided to have it playing in the background while I was doing some stuff on the computer. It was nice to kind of get an idea of what this guy was thinking while making the film. He said what I expected (Returns was dark and the studios wanted a lighter film blah blah blah. The funniest part was he called Robin by the name of "Nighthawk" I'm assuming he meant to say Nightwing....lol. I may torture myself tonight and watch Batman and Robin with commentary :). What did everyone else think of Schumacher's commentary?

ReptileOrion said:
I finally decided to sit through the commentary by Joel Schumacher on Batman Forever.
What did everyone else think of Schumacher's commentary?

"Hey but what the hell? It's a Batman movie..."
"Val is so beautiful"
"I never thought the nipples would made front pages headlines. They need to go out more"

Val is a pretty man.

...:(

That deleted scene with the giant Bat was ******ed. The worse thing about the scene was at the end where Alfred said "Master Bruce" and Kilmer replied with "Batman...Alfred...Batman". It was just the way he said Batman. I enjoy a lot of Val Kilmer's movies but I didn't care for his version of Batman.

I told myself I'd probably never watch Batman Forever after I watched it last fall, but I didn't realize there were director commentaries on the dvd...i'll have to watch it again!

...is there commentary on Batman & Robin? b/c i'd probably get high and watch that one (i'm kidding, i'd do neither)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"