The Dark Knight Rises Batman/Joker Interrogation Scene vs Batman/Bane Sewer Fight

I do love the way Batman was beating the snot out of joker physically while the GCPD officers look on. The detecives would glance over at Gordon every so often as if to say "are you really going to let this play out this way?" and Gordon murmuring "He's in control" Lol. He was totally not in control, in fact it was the exact opposite.

The Batvoice was fine. Considering how angry and almost over the edge Batman was in that scene, it actually helped it.
Yep. Especially with Batman in full view, the lights beaming down on him. People watching and listening through the glass. A Clooney-esque normal voice wouldn't cut it there.

Yep. Especially with Batman in full view, the lights beaming down on him. People watching and listening through the glass. A Clooney-esque normal voice wouldn't cut it there.

I just had horror flashes of Clooney just then :(

I remember the interrogation room scene was my most anticipated scene in TDK when I first saw it back in 2008. Fast forward four years and my most anticipated scene in TDKR was the first showdown between Batman and Bane.

Both scenes nailed it! I will vote, but I really have to think about this one.

The interrogation room scene. The perfect clash of hero vs villain. Black vs white. Order vs chaos. The added twist of Joker revealing he didn't just have Dent hostage but Rachel, too, and he knew Batman had feelings for her was brilliant. Batman was beating up the Joker mercilessly, and the more he hit him the more Joker laughed. "You have NOTHING. Nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength".

Brilliance. One of the best scenes in cinematic history.

the interrogation scene is the best scene in the trilogy. it's only slightly ruined by some shots of batman looking quite goofy in his costume.

the bane vs batman fight was great, but is again let down by the actual combat, which i hoped would have improved from the previous films.

They are both magnificent confrontations.

Probably the first time seeing the sewer fight , it left a bigger impression. But they are on the same level , and they are very very different (from the action , to they they're lighted and edited)

The interrogation room scene.

^^^^^ Seriously, an unfair poll... The interrogation scene could go up against any of the "classic movie scene master pieces" and more than hold its own.

The sewer fight Is phenomenal.. Hardy is amazing and brutal, bale conveys the desperation of the situation brilliantly, its perfectly shot and plays out stunningly

But ......

it's not in the same ballpark, league ... its not even the same sport... As the interrogation scene

Yeah, gotta go with the interrogation scene. Both scenes are classics in my mind, but that scene is just too iconic...Joker/Batman getting their face to face meeting ala Pacino/Deniro in Heat, which then erupts into one of the most suspenseful moments of the entire trilogy. "You have NOTHING to threaten me with" might just be my favorite delivery from Heath in the whole movie.

It's really to take nothing away from the Batman/Bane scene though. It's deliciously brutal, everything Bane says is golden, and it gets a lot of "geek points" for being so faithful to that iconic moment from the comics. And just super memorable in general for being the only scene in any Batman film where Batman is beaten within an inch of his life.

Just thought of another parallel between the scenes though...in both cases there are onlookers to the meeting of the titans. In TDK it's Gordon and the MCU, in TDKR it's Bane's men and Catwoman.

Until henry Cavill faces Darkseid that is.

Don't even know who Darkseid is since I'm not a Superman fan so we'll see. It'll be pretty hard to top the interrogation scene

They both serve as iconic clashes between Batman and his representative villain, but other than that they're very different scenes and there's no reason to pick one over the other.

What? No love for the Batman vs Scarecrow in the warehouse?

"Having trouble? Take a seat. Have a drink."

The interrogation room scene. The perfect clash of hero vs villain. Black vs white. Order vs chaos. The added twist of Joker revealing he didn't just have Dent hostage but Rachel, too, and he knew Batman had feelings for her was brilliant. Batman was beating up the Joker mercilessly, and the more he hit him the more Joker laughed. "You have NOTHING. Nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength".

This. The sewer fight is one of my favorite scenes of the trilogy, but the interrogation scene can't be beaten.

I voted for the interrogation scene. On what basis? I flipped a coin. ...Seriously, I did, with a Two-Face coin. Clean side was sewer fight, burnt side interrogation. I honestly could not decide so I let chance decide for me.

Wow this is a tough choice. I'm going to have to go with the Batman vs. Bane in the sewer scene for a couple reasons. Firstly, It has to be the first time I can honestly say I have been on the edge of my seat at the movies since I was a kid. I remember admiring how awesome the scene was shot and the pure brutality of it. Lol I remember thinking "naw he's not going to brake Batman's back that's too comic booky..... oh s*** he's going t.... :shock "

The interrogation is a very close second. I was in awe of Heath's performance and the scene in general.

Last edited:
Really hard to say. I picked the Joker scene but I think the Bane beating is probably even more effective when I think about it. I wasn't even able to pay attention after the back breaking. I zoned out for the part where Blake is searching for Bruce the first time I saw it. that fight was just so brutal. The Bane encounter not only had the physical debasement, but Bane ridiculed Bats in a way the Joker never would. That scene felt like watching my childhood getting destroyed. It's so sad to see Batman hiding in the shadows and Bane just reach out and grab him. The two scenes work really well together. Joker builds up Batman as something important to Gotham, while Bane strips away all of Batman's significance and it makes it even more devastating.

I actually think the Joker interrogation scene is more comparable to the Bane/Bruce prison exchange. Bane's monologue is probably one of my favorite scenes in the trilogy.

Alright, I voted for the interrogation room. I know the sewer fight will age extremely well, but for right now the interrogation room scene with Batman and the Joker is pretty much the best scene in the entire trilogy. And that's saying a lot.

I actually think the Joker interrogation scene is more comparable to the Bane/Bruce prison exchange. Bane's monologue is probably one of my favorite scenes in the trilogy.

Couldn't agree more. The way Hardy says "of your soul" and his eyes move from Bruce's legs to his face gives me goosebumps.

The first time I saw the Batman-Joker Interrogation scene in theaters, it was unexpected, it was intense then when I watched it again on DVD, it was still brutal and intense but upon third and fourth viewings, it lost it's charm a bit.

But, I found that Batman Vs Bane fight is still mind numbing and brutal, even after many viewings.

So, I voted for Batman Vs Bane in TDKR.

For me, the interrogation scene, no doubt. It's my favorite scene out of the entire trilogy. I cant even put into words how amazing i think this scene is. I'm a huge fan of the Joker's mind games.

Plus, a lot of things the Joker says in this scene eerily makes a lot of sense and doesn't just illustrate an insane character. It's scary when a villain starts to make sense, rather than just being a vengeful brute.
Indeed :up:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"