The Dark Knight Rises Batman/Joker Interrogation Scene vs Batman/Bane Sewer Fight

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Which climatic villain encounter did you like more?

The Interrogation. Both are two great examples of ultimate showdowns between the hero and the villain but the Interrogation is perfection.

Wow, this is a real tough decision. In both scenes, the villain had the upperhand. Bane was beating the crap out of Bats, and winning the encounter. In TDK Bats was beating the crap out of Joker, but joker was still winning the encounter, which was awesome. I will need to ponder this further...

I can't choose one, to me they're two completely different types of confrontations with different meanings. I have to say I love them both equally.

I can't choose one, to me they're two completely different types of confrontations with different meanings. I have to say I love them both equally.

They are about equal. The fact that people are conflicted over this is really a testament to Nolans writing skills and Tom Hardys outstanding acting
skills. I think we can all agree Heaths Joker was larger than life and was considered to be nearly impossible to outdo. But somehow Hardy with half of his face obscured was able to deliver a scene considered equal to Jokers interrogation is no small feat. Hardy definately delivered the goods. Kudos to you Mr Hardy

I have to give it to the Sewer Fight. It was one of Bane's finest scenes. If you polled me on the Sewer Fights vs. Joker at the mob meeting, I'd go with that one. I loved how he made a fool of them.

Batman/Joker Interrogtion

I've had to vote the sewer fight, as much as I love that interrogation, the sewer fight made me really feel concerned for Batman, from the moment of "but not as serious as yours...." you know things are going to get bad.

As much as I enjoy the interrogation and as much as that one scene of mental chess between Batman and Joker literally changed things, I gotta still go with the Batman/Bane sewer fight where Bane broke the Bat. It is something I've always wanted to see on film ever since I read Knightfall(when Bane became my favorite villain of all time).

Wow, this is a real tough decision. In both scenes, the villain had the upperhand. Bane was beating the crap out of Bats, and winning the encounter. In TDK Bats was beating the crap out of Joker, but joker was still winning the encounter, which was awesome. I will need to ponder this further...

One could say Joker was beating the crap out of Batman because with Joker, it was all a mental battle. Joker had the upper hand mentally and that's how he kept beating Batman as much as Bane won his battle with Batman in the sewers physically.

Damn you, this is hard. They are both equally great.

I love both but I side with the interrogation sequence. Joker locked up but in full control. Ledger lights the fuse and Bale explodes.

I will say that the scenes directly before jokers interrogation and directly after were stronger then the scenes directly before and after Bats/Bane sewer fight IMHO. But as self contained scenes, damn, I still can't decide. Banes sewer fight with Bats was everything I wanted and more from that scene. Even though Hardys mouth was fully covered, he emotes extremely well. The look on Banes face when h caught Batmans punch, I was like oh crap! Great acting.

I was a bit perplexed though as to how Batman seemingly didn't realize he was being led to a sewer chamber under his own armory. I would think the Batman would have copies of Gothams sewer system and thus realize he was right beneath the Bat arsenal, not that it would make a difference. But he did look generally suprised to see That Tumbler drop from above him.

I loved the sewer fight but the interrogation scene took the genre to a whole other level.

I will say that the scenes directly before jokers interrogation and directly after were stronger then the scenes directly before and after Bats/Bane sewer fight IMHO. But as self contained scenes, damn, I still can't decide. Banes sewer fight with Bats was everything I wanted and more from that scene. Even though Hardys mouth was fully covered, he emotes extremely well. The look on Banes face when h caught Batmans punch, I was like oh crap! Great acting.

Of course the scenes before the interrogation and after were stronger, because they all had this continuous story of it being around Joker and his plan going into action as soon as he was kidnapped. With TDKR, we had Bruce and Miranda having sex and when he was sent away back to the Pit we just get Selina trying to leave. No one would argue otherwise on what you said.

I was a bit perplexed though as to how Batman seemingly didn't realize he was being led to a sewer chamber under his own armory. I would think the Batman would have copies of Gothams sewer system and thus realize he was right beneath the Bat arsenal, not that it would make a difference. But he did look generally suprised to see That Tumbler drop from above him.

I didn't notice some surprise look at all. What I did see was a tiresome and worried look on Bruce Wayne's face after Bane just tore him a new one already and broke his cowl with Batman trying to see.

Of course the scenes before the interrogation and after were stronger, because they all had this continuous story of it being around Joker and his plan going into action as soon as he was kidnapped. With TDKR, we had Bruce and Miranda having sex and when he was sent away back to the Pit we just get Selina trying to leave. No one would argue otherwise on what you said.

I didn't notice some surprise look at all. What I did see was a tiresome and worried look on Bruce Wayne's face after Bane just tore him a new one already and broke his cowl with Batman trying to see.

So do you think Bats knew the whole time he was underneath his own armory?I'm not sure he did, although this knowledge may not have helped him in the long run. Perhaps I'm overthinking it a bit:huh:

So do you think Bats knew the whole time he was underneath his own armory?I'm not sure he did, although this knowledge may not have helped him in the long run. Perhaps I'm overthinking it a bit:huh:

It's definitely possible he knew where the sewers led to, but it wasn't a priority with knowing where they were under while he was fighting Bane.

As great as the sewer fight is, I honestly don't ever see a hero-villain one-on-one showdown ever eclipsing the interrogation scene from the dark knight

As great as the sewer fight is, I honestly don't ever see a hero-villain one-on-one showdown ever eclipsing the interrogation scene from the dark knight
Until henry Cavill faces Darkseid that is.

Both are two of the best scenes of the trilogy, but I'd have to go with the Joker interrogation. For the Joker dialogue.

I love the sewer fight but I have to go with the interrogation.

Both are unbelievable scenes, but the interrogation scene wins for me. I love the way Batman has the upper hand in the beginning (even in terms of the music) and I'll never forget the feeling of my stomach dropping on opening night when Joker said: "You'll have to play my little game if you want to save one of them."

Yes, the Bane and Batman fight was tense and very fan satisfying ("I will break you!"-- SNAP...freakin awesome). But honestly, the Joker/Batman interrogation scene is just so fantastic. When only dialogue can express how genius a villain is portrayed, it's basically a win situation. Plus, a lot of things the Joker says in this scene eerily makes a lot of sense and doesn't just illustrate an insane character. It's scary when a villain starts to make sense, rather than just being a vengeful brute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"