Batman needs more than one movie before JLA

Skrilla31

Sidekick
Reaction score
I said this in another thread but I think I may need to expand on it.

Batman is not Iron Man. Batman is not Captain America. It is impossible to capture the essence and the mythos of Batman and limit it to just one film... just for the sake of tying him into some kind of DC shared universe. That is selling both DC and the character far too short.

The Captain America movie told you pretty much everything you needed to know about Captain America. We got the origin and we got the Red Skull. All it took was one Cap movie for the general audience to really grasp the essence of the character. But Batman is not Captain America. He's far more a cultural icon. His mythology is richer and it is far more complex. Gotham City and it's makeup lend itself to more than just one movie. This is Batman, and unfortunately his being expands beyond just one definitive tale. In fact, there is no definitive tale that can be covered in just one movie.

To have just one Batman movie... and then feature him in some DC crossover like Justice League or World's Finest would be a disaster in my opinion. Batman belongs in Gotham, not in outer space fighting alongside aliens and gods. If WB wants to take Batman there? Fine. But only after he has a firmly established, developed mythology in Gotham. I say they need AT LEAST two solo Bat-films before they even consider putting him in something else, maybe even three.

Just one man's opinion of course. I know, I know... wishful thinking. I'm sure they want a JLA movie sooner than later and I doubt they have the patience or the foresight to see it through like that. A solo movie for guys like Flash and Aquaman would work just fine. All they need is an introduction and a stand-alone adventure to make themselves familiar with the general audience. But Batman needs more than that. He and Superman are bigger than the rest. One movie is not enough.

we'll be lucky if we get him in any movies before JL

if they plan on rebooting it, yeah. which is why i don't want a reboot. if you can get bale back, (which isn't out of the question imo if they're considering a stand alone film for hathaway's catwoman) then you don't have to.

I don't foresee another Batman movie before the Justice League, I just don't...

Batman is a good charcter and is one of my favorites but Batman movies are getting old and tiresome. All these movie companies think about is the same movies over and over and so are people who come on these sites. People need to start thinking of new concepts if there is ever going to be another Batman movie is should be not Bruce Wayne maybe Terry or a whole new person and story with new characters in a alternate universe where a crook becomes batman in a dark world and new city.
Batman is great but there are many other characters besides the same ones that need movies done but better.

Batman is great but its getting tiresome and old.

the general audience was not as familiar with captain america as they are with batman. he needed a setup movie to tell you about him. everyone already knows all about batman, we dont need another movie to set him up as a character much less two

I disagree. I want to see Man of Steel be the set up for JLA, which would lead to solo films.

Man of Steel
Justice League
Superman 2
Aquaman
Flash
Batman (not "reboot" but different version, not a full new franchise)
Justice League 2

I agree with everyone saying the next time we see Batman on film will probably be Justice League. I just hope it's not awful.

I disagree. I want to see Man of Steel be the set up for JLA, which would lead to solo films.

Man of Steel
Justice League
Superman 2
Aquaman
Flash
Batman (not "reboot" but different version, not a full new franchise)
Justice League 2

I like this.

I think people are very familiar with the Batman mythos through Nolan's films.... even though this Batman will start a new franchise the core and essence of Batman is the same regardless of the direction the director takes with him. Even Burton's and Schumacher's Batman had the same essence, it was just done very campy. Since people are familiar with Batman's mythos (it was done very well through Nolan after all), they can just launch a JLA movie first and then move on to the reboot franchise. There is no need to waste all this time establishing a character that the general public is very familiar with.

Batman doesn't need more than one film...Batman needs to be Batman before JLA.

The Batman who can stand with the JLA, in other words.

I don't think he needs a film, everyone knows who he is, we don't need another one, imho

We don't NEED another Batfilm before JLA, I wanna finally see JLA on film before another Batman movie but I am insanely excited about a new Batman series, I just want it to happen after JLA introduces the new Batman.

The story that I feel needs to be shown in the new series is that of Dick Grayson's. That's a must. Robin deserves so much more respect, he's easily my favorite comic book character.

I think you *can* skip a Batman reboot movie before JLA; the problem is skipping everyone else's too. If at least the majority of the cast aren't introduced with movies first, its going to flop.

Of coarse I want Batman solo movies but I don't think it needs to happen before JLA. To be honest the next time I want to see batman is in a WF movie and have that set up Wonder Woman and JLA.

It was said before that the Batman reboot was going to be the main pillar for the JL movie.

Well, I don't think he needs any films before JL. Let Superman and the others shine until the JL film, then The Dark Knight can take charge there.

I am a little "Batman'd" out. I would be fine with not seeing him in a solo movie until 2018 or 2019.

Batman has already had 7 movies, 8 if you the one from the 60s, he doesn't need another one before a JLA movie. Flash and Wonder Woman need movies more then Batman does.

Batman has already had 7 movies, 8 if you the one from the 60s, he doesn't need another one before a JLA movie. Flash and Wonder Woman need movies more then Batman does.

Exactly. And a 9th live adaptation if you count the serial.

People are going to hate me for this, but what more is there really to say about Batman?

Batman is probably the last character who needs a solo movie, let alone multiple movies before a JL movie. Despite it being another continuity, he's already had the most movies out of any superhero character and most people know his basic backstory and his ethos.

Wonder Woman is basically just a Hallowe'en costume right now, she's iconic but just for her look and maybe reruns of the old TV show. And the most audiences will have heard about Flash recently is from mentions on The Big Bang Theory. I'd even say GL should have a reboot before a Batman lead up movie.

Batman is probably the last character who needs a solo movie, let alone multiple movies before a JL movie. Despite it being another continuity, he's already had the most movies out of any superhero character and most people know his basic backstory and his ethos.

Wonder Woman is basically just a Hallowe'en costume right now, she's iconic but just for her look and maybe reruns of the old TV show. And the most audiences will have heard about Flash recently is from mentions on The Big Bang Theory. I'd even say GL should have a reboot before a Batman lead up movie.

Agreed...except I'd wait to do a GL reboot until after JLA...you need something miraculous to sell the General Audience on the Green Lantern after last year's fiasco.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"