The Dark Knight Batman No More?

Now thinking about it, I'm wondering if Joker is threatening to commit some genocidal act if Batman doesn't reveal his secret identity.

Joker tries to prevent Batman's identity from being revealed

joker won't reveal batman's identity because no batman = no joker.

It shouldn't be "Batman no more".... It should be "Bruce Wayne no more". Bruce is sick of being the billionaire playboy, that he just wants to get lost in the monster and be just Batman forever. Alfred tries to talk him out of it, trying to convince him that Bruce Wayne is the real man... but Bruce knows that Batman is the REAL man, and Bruce Wayne is just the disguise.

That's what I want.... a reverse Spidey 2. Instead of quitting being Batman, he quits being Bruce Wayne.

Superman 2, Spider-Man 2, now the same cliche plot in Batman 2?

It shouldn't be "Batman no more".... It should be "Bruce Wayne no more". Bruce is sick of being the billionaire playboy, that he just wants to get lost in the monster and be just Batman forever. Alfred tries to talk him out of it, trying to convince him that Bruce Wayne is the real man... but Bruce knows that Batman is the REAL man, and Bruce Wayne is just the disguise.

That's what I want.... a reverse Spidey 2. Instead of quitting being Batman, he quits being Bruce Wayne.

Being Bruce Wayne doesn't threat the city, being Batman is. The whole Bruce Wayne No More idea is just silly.

I can see him having a mental conflict about what role to pursue, then Alfred persuading him the city needs him, so he gets back to kicking ass

I would hope that it would be "Bruce Wayne no more." To do otherwise would be out of character...like in Batman Forever.

I hope not, it's the most tired cliche in the book.

Agreed.

And Bruce Wayne isn't an emo punk like Maguire's Spider-man, so I don't think we'll get little fits of depressions and whinyness. "I don't wanna be a hero anymore wahh!" :woot:

What?? How can he stop being Bruce? :huh:

By being "lost in that monster of his"

Basically not wanting to interact with ppl in the day as Bruce Wayne, like when he just waits around in the cave all day for night to break so he can go out as Batman, as if being Bruce Wayne means nothing to him

I think Batman gets set up by one of the multiple vigilante Batmen :o

Then Gordon's all YOU BROKE MAH HART..and smashes the bat-signal.

That's dumb, it's like your making it up as you go along.

The trailer makes it quite obvious that Bruce is questioning himself and what it means to be Batman. It sounds very much like he'll be confronting that whole "no killing" rule as well.

Well it has been said that fake Batmen have been going around Gotham destroying stuff and stealing. Which Gordon believes Batman has gone bad so he destroys the Bat-Signal. Everyone starts to hate Batman so Bruce finally gives up. This is how I'm seeing him quit. Joker also said "Tonight your gonna break your one rule.

Now thinking about it, I'm wondering if Joker is threatening to commit some genocidal act if Batman doesn't reveal his secret identity.

That's actually what was described in the spoilers.

Well it has been said that fake Batmen have been going around Gotham destroying stuff and stealing. Which Gordon believes Batman has gone bad so he destroys the Bat-Signal. Everyone starts to hate Batman so Bruce finally gives up. This is how I'm seeing him quit. Joker also said "Tonight your gonna break your one rule.

I think those fake Batman guys are the reason why Batman changes his attire from BB costume to TDK.

Obviously the inner conflict tormenting Bruce is going to be one of the major themes this time around. I hope he doesn't give up at any point though...I don't know..that would just feel such a cliche. But I'm sure he will question his own actions, principals and all the choices he has made in the past.

Before things can get any better, they must get much worse. I believe that's the case with TDK. There will be some desperate times ahead of Bruce and the entire Gotham City. The hero will be put to the ultimate test. No doubt about that.

Another perspective of this would be that all of Gotham feels taken hostage caught in the crossfire in what seems like a personal conflict between Batman and The Joker and blames Batman for it all - the whole "he's here because of YOU" and "everything is becoming even worse since you came along" idea that essentially makes Batman "the outcast" Alfred is talking about.

That's dumb, it's like your making it up as you go along.

Yeah, that whole "not being Bruce Wayne" thing doesn't make any sense.

In order for Batman to exist, Wayne has to as well. Batman has to have a humanity, or the "no kill" rule won't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"