Batman Begins Batman Begins: Should it have shown more training?

MAKIEVELLI

No. 1 Tupac fan
Reaction score
I do not find many faults with Batman Begins in regard to the comics. It was a great movie IMO and my favorite Batman movie. However was reading an article on BATMAN: THE MAN WHO FALLS and I thought it was fantastic. For those who don't know, the scene where Bruce falls in to the well at the begining of Begins (lol) was adapted directly from it. In TMWF it shows Bruce having a lot of training before he becomes Batman. He trains with bounty hunter Henri Ducard (who turned out to be Ra's in the movie:whatever: ) Working briefly with the FBI, Learning forensics, and learning from "every great detective" in the world. I am not saying BB should have adapted this exact storyline word for word, but I'm saying that I would have liked to see More of Bruce training in martial arts, some scenes of him actually learning how to be a good detective from more experienced people, and maybe even a short scene or so of him learning forensics. I hope TDK has some flashbacks of this or something because I can't just imagine him becoming a great detective overnight (Nolan's brother, who wrote the screenplay, said Batman will be more of a detective this time).

...no... it woulda been a good idea but it woulda effected the movie with out lengthening it to a 3 1/2 hour long movie.

Good god no. The last thing Begins needed was more "training."

If you take away the scenes of Bruce remembering what happened before he ended up in the League of shadows in the first half on the movie, the training scenes are very short.

Bats definately needs to be more of a detective... the only bat man movies that actually show him being a halfway decent detective is B89 and Returns

Bats definately needs to be more of a detective... the only bat man movies that actually show him being a halfway decent detective is B89 and Returns

This isn't a sarcastic reply, but what did you see in BR that I didn't. Or maybe it's because I haven't seen that movie in like four or five years. :csad: Could you cite some examples?

I voted yes, training like in American Pyscho will work in the Wayne penthouse :o

This isn't a sarcastic reply, but what did you see in BR that I didn't. Or maybe it's because I haven't seen that movie in like four or five years. :csad: Could you cite some examples?

yeah it was just on yesterday morning... in BR he was doing research on the penguin, the circuis he used to be in and some other things of the sort

Think of it like this. A lot of training happens off screen, as Batman is constantly training. He's always learning new martial arts and practicing. Hopefully, we'll see in the background of the batcave a huge training facility with punching bags, ropes to swing, bars, etc.

As far as flashbacks, I think we should see young Bruce occasionally being visited by Gordon, or Gordon picks Wayne up from school one day and takes him to the precinct. We see a fascination within Wayne at the detective work, and even asks Gordon if he can borrow one of the many books on detective work laying around. Gordon smiles and even shows Wayne a few tricks about "the game". It would be interesting for Batman to reveal himself to Gordon as Wayne by using this trick.

Batman : (tells Gordon how he solved the mystery)
Gordon : (who looks surprised and the wheels begin spinning) Nice work. Where did you learn that trick from?
Batman : A friend a long time ago took time to show me.

Hells no. I think training was handled well enough in begins. Short and sweet.

Maybe a little detective training via Gordon. That would be cool.

Batman: I need to find this file.
Gordon: You may want to try using google. Or Kazaa. It's good stuff.

INT. Batcave -
Batman downloads "SexyBack" and gets a virus in the bat computer.

........damn this rain/boredom/12 coca colas.

Hells no. I think training was handled well enough in begins. Short and sweet.

Maybe a little detective training via Gordon. That would be cool.

Batman: I need to find this file.
Gordon: You may want to try using google. Or Kazaa. It's good stuff.

INT. Batcave -
Batman downloads "SexyBack" and gets a virus in the bat computer.

LOL... Vista pwnt!

yeah . . . it's a little late for that anyway; but who's to say that Dark Knight won't have a bit more of that aspect of his training, only dedicated more towards the detective work . . . .

Think of it like this. A lot of training happens off screen, as Batman is constantly training. He's always learning new martial arts and practicing. Hopefully, we'll see in the background of the batcave a huge training facility with punching bags, ropes to swing, bars, etc.

As far as flashbacks, I think we should see young Bruce occasionally being visited by Gordon, or Gordon picks Wayne up from school one day and takes him to the precinct. We see a fascination within Wayne at the detective work, and even asks Gordon if he can borrow one of the many books on detective work laying around. Gordon smiles and even shows Wayne a few tricks about "the game". It would be interesting for Batman to reveal himself to Gordon as Wayne by using this trick.

Batman : (tells Gordon how he solved the mystery)
Gordon : (who looks surprised and the wheels begin spinning) Nice work. Where did you learn that trick from?
Batman : A friend a long time ago took time to show me.

Me likey, but I don't want Bats to learn everything he knows from Gordon. IMO, Batman should be a better detective than the police because if not for that, there really is no point in him being Batman.

Me likey, but I don't want Bats to learn everything he knows from Gordon. IMO, Batman should be a better detective than the police because if not for that, there really is no point in him being Batman.

Oh no. But since Gordon was such a powerful and fatherly presence (or so it seemed that way right after Wayne's parents were murdered), I'd say Bruce started looking up to him. Maybe Gordon planted that seed of wanting to figure out who did what to whom.

Oh no. But since Gordon was such a powerful and fatherly presence (or so it seemed that way right after Wayne's parents were murdered), I'd say Bruce started looking up to him. Maybe Gordon planted that seed of wanting to figure out who did what to whom.

Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. It would also be an interesting sublot in Bruce trying to change his demeanor every time he's around Gordon so he doesn't seem anything like Batman.

Wrong forum, and no--Begins had enough training.

what you guys are forgetting is the part when bruce becomes a criminal to learn what they are thinking, that's part of his detective training. also, this is a movie, so in the various training scenes, you are to believe that this is just a small splice of the training that bruce encounters. If you remember when alfred says that bruce had been gone for 7 years, my first thought was, "damn, that's a lot of training"

Nolan pretty much indicated that Wayne recieved "real world" training as he had learned to fight and survive because his environment had forced him to.

Yeah I would have liked to have seen more. Although more of him training as Batman on the streets of Gotham and in the batcave but not of Bruce in the mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"