BvS Batman Physique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am all up for him him getting bigger but honestly he's going to be head to toe in a suit. And unless they are radically changing the concept, he's going to probably be in something like armor. He doesn't need to be Batmans size. He just needs to look like it.

But it's a Snyder movie, so you know he'll be shirtless in at least one scene, haha. I'm hoping for a suiting up (or down) scene where his back looks like this:

Since they're going with an established Batman. And please, no more rubber armor.

vtXCQpJ.gif

I wonder if Snyder will do some Bane/Hobbit camera trickery to show Clark taller than Bruce.

He's actually going to be the tallest live-action actor to ever play batman taking away the title held by west for near 50 years who's 6'2", ben's 6'3".

I wonder how they are going to shoot him and cavill together to either downplay the height difference or just let it stand? Superman is historically a little taller than batman. Not to mention they did sort of go out of their way to make Cavill as superman look larger than life on screen, not sure they want to have someone appear bigger in general than him?

I think it'd be interesting to have Batman be taller. In my mind, he should be more of a physical specimen just because he's a mortal man doing all this ****. Plus, there's something really cool about the shorter guy nonchalantly lifting the taller guy with one hand and tossing him across the room.

But it's a Snyder movie, so you know he'll be shirtless in at least one scene, haha. I'm hoping for a suiting up (or down) scene where his back looks like this:

Since they're going with an established Batman. And please, no more rubber armor.
There's a shirtless scene in every single superhero movie - Batman Begins, Spider-man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of The Galaxy, The Wolverine, Green Lantern, Man Of Steel, you name it.

It's kinda the "shirtless validation" scene where the actor proves that he ain't some walking sissy and that he put in the effort required for the role and that he can look like a guy who can kick ass and that the muscle beneath the suit is all real.

So this will be no different, Affleck surely will have a shirtless scene. And Snyder kinda puts those in his films. Snyder himself is a big bodybuilding enthusiast.

There's a shirtless scene in every single superhero movie - Batman Begins, Spider-man, Thor, Captain America, Guardians of The Galaxy, The Wolverine, Green Lantern, Man Of Steel, you name it.

It's kinda the "shirtless validation" scene where the actor proves that he ain't some walking sissy and that he put in the effort required for the role and that he can look like a guy who can kick ass and that the muscle beneath the suit is all real.

So this will be no different, Affleck surely will have a shirtless scene. And Snyder kinda puts those in his films. Snyder himself is a big bodybuilding enthusiast.

I was just kidding, I know these scenes are in every comic movie, even when they don't need to be. I really do want to see a scarred up Bruce Wayne though.

He's actually going to be the tallest live-action actor to ever play batman taking away the title held by west for near 50 years who's 6'2", ben's 6'3".

I wonder how they are going to shoot him and cavill together to either downplay the height difference or just let it stand? Superman is historically a little taller than batman. Not to mention they did sort of go out of their way to make Cavill as superman look larger than life on screen, not sure they want to have someone appear bigger in general than him?

Superman will be hovering and floating

SO IT BEGINS...

Apparently Affleck has started his workouts for the role currently training 2 hours daily.
http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...or-batman-role-in-man-of-steel-sequel-2013238

He has a good 6-7 month window to peak out. I think it'll be a healthy competition between the two guys - Cavill and Affleck - as they each try to get in the best possible shape for the film.

I never doubted that Ben was gonna get into shape....remember what Zack put the 300 cast through and Cavill through for MOS. They all had intense workouts

Affleck is naturally already an ideal size to play Batman and he has more than enough time with Hollywood trainers to gain a few more pounds of muscle, I think he will have the perfect physique for Bats.

Your totally right as far as what bodyfat % he would be at, for Batman's size he would be eating a very high carbohydrate diet just like any other athlete, he would not be as ripped and cut as he is drawn in most comics.

I have to disagree about this point. Sure, athletes have to eat high carb and fat diets to power their body, but I don't think that means they have to have over 10-12% body fat. If you look at most NFL, NBA, or soccer players, they have very lean bodies despite their high carbs-high energy lifestyle. I think the high carbs are balanced out by the above average rigor their bodies go through.

I would think Batman HAS to have pretty low bodyfat. He wouldn't be very nimble or fast (which he needs to be, for obvious reasons) if he was carrying around too much extra weight.

And size does not equal strength all the time. He can still be plenty strong while having lower bodyfat.

Take these powerlifters-
ivan-stoitsov.jpg

ugREJ.jpg

Very low bodyfat, strong as hell.

Just remember that for performance, it's not always better to have lower body fat. Too low and you probably won't have any energy to fight crime at all.

Of course, it depend on what "pretty low bodyfat" means for you.

I have to disagree about this point. Sure, athletes have to eat high carb and fat diets to power their body, but I don't think that means they have to have over 10-12% body fat. If you look at most NFL, NBA, or soccer players, they have very lean bodies despite their high carbs-high energy lifestyle. I think the high carbs are balanced out by the above average rigor their bodies go through.

I would think Batman HAS to have pretty low bodyfat. He wouldn't be very nimble or fast (which he needs to be, for obvious reasons) if he was carrying around too much extra weight.

And size does not equal strength all the time. He can still be plenty strong while having lower bodyfat.

Take these powerlifters-
ivan-stoitsov.jpg

ugREJ.jpg

Just remember that for performance, it's not always better to have lower body fat. Too low and you probably won't have any energy to fight crime at all.

Of course, it depend on what "pretty low bodyfat" means for you.
Whether it be practical for Batman or not to have low body fat, you can be sure that he indeed will have low body fat in the film, as low as Affleck can get it. On the big screen, muscle definition is king, even more than size, muscle definition adds more detail to your physique and can make you look much bigger than you are. Cavill was 190 pounds for MOS but looked way bigger because of exaggerated muscle definition and very low body fat.

So yeah Affleck will basically get cut like a god for this. And he has got super cut in the past for The Town so he knows the whole deal.

Whether it be practical for Batman or not to have low body fat, you can be sure that he indeed will have low body fat in the film, as low as Affleck can get it. On the big screen, muscle definition is king, even more than size, muscle definition adds more detail to your physique and can make you look much bigger than you are. Cavill was 190 pounds for MOS but looked way bigger because of exaggerated muscle definition and very low body fat.

So yeah Affleck will basically get cut like a god for this. And he has got super cut in the past for The Town so he knows the whole deal.

Of course he's gonna look good, as Batman should. If you have a very active lifestyle like Batman has and you think a little bit about what you eat then I think a defined look will almost come by itself.
But when I think of really low bodyfat I think of bodybuilders on stage and I don't believe that is gonna be much good to Batman to go that low, in case anyone would want him to be ripped like that.

Take these powerlifters-
ivan-stoitsov.jpg

ugREJ.jpg

Those look like crossfitters not power lifters per the reason why they're not big. Power lifters have a completely different kind of build.

This is a power lifter

Those look like crossfitters not power lifters per the reason why they're not big. Power lifters have a completely different kind of build.

This is a power lifter

There's nothing about being a powerful lifter than makes you need to carry on a lot of body-fat. It just happens that for many or most serious powerlifters their primary goal is simply to become as strong as possible regardless of aesthetics so many of them simply eat a lot without regards to the weight they put on.

Some powerlifters have actually transitioned to bodybuilders simply by cutting.

when a powerlifter cuts he is a perfect asthetic machine created to win.

its funny how powerlifters never do workouts for asthetic muscles but when they cut down they look amazing. because a strong body looks good. boom.

A lot of the 300 guys physiques have become somewhat overrated. It's a fact that body-make-up was applied to most of them to sort of exaggerate the look of defined muscles.

You can definitely tell there's a good deal of muscle shading going on here:

gerard-butler-300-spartan-training.jpg

I quite like Batman being on a forever bulk, so if Ben were to have relatively high body fat, I'd be pleased.

Also, it helps differentiate his physique from Nightwing, who would be appear more lean and less powerful.

There's nothing about being a powerful lifter than makes you need to carry on a lot of body-fat. It just happens that for many or most serious powerlifters their primary goal is simply to become as strong as possible regardless of aesthetics so many of them simply eat a lot without regards to the weight they put on.

Some powerlifters have actually transitioned to bodybuilders simply by cutting.
The process of bodybuilding in general is quite different from what a power lifter actually does you mention cutting well typically that consists of some kind of cardio to lose the excess weight and most champion power lifters don't do any serious form of cardio they only strength train.

A lot of the 300 guys physiques have become somewhat overrated. It's a fact that body-make-up was applied to most of them to sort of exaggerate the look of defined muscles.

You can definitely tell there's a good deal of muscle shading going on here:

gerard-butler-300-spartan-training.jpg
I want Affleck to be bigger than Butler was in 300, you're right Butler's look in 300 is insanely overrated and exaggerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"