BvS Batman Physique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. I can't watch the Nolan Batman films without poking my tv screen with a pin.

Last edited:
moley+moley+moley.jpg

Affleck seems to be in better shape than Butler (since people are bringing him up in here) already, according to recent photos, my bet is he might be easily on par with Cavill by shooting time, he'll have no trouble getting there, dude is already in great shape.

Let's hope so, his height and natural large build will help him look huge,but remember that Cavill is 30 and Ben is 43 (I think?) age does have an impact on maximum results and especially on recovery time after hard sessions. Although Affleck has recent muscle memory it isn't at quite the same level as 30 year old Cavills recent muscle memory from training hard and heavy and getting huge. Saying that though,we haven't ever seen Affleck after the kind of training and diet he's going to get,so he might become a monster for all we know.

If he's having trouble getting enough mass or trouble with recovering fast enough,then I'm sure he could take a little something to help:cwink:

My only fear is that either actor could get injured from such intense training and then the movie gets pushed back:wow:,let's hope they are careful.

Im sure that with a trainer like mark twight it would be near impossible to get injured.
The dude knows his shiz

Im sure that with a trainer like mark twight it would be near impossible to get injured.
The dude knows his shiz

Yeah true, I know he's top quality, I was just thinking how it would suck if that happened. It's all about the preparation and groundwork,perfect technique etc and listening to your body over time and learning when you need to ease off a little or when your body needs a bit of a jolt or a shake up in training. I had it drummed into me for years about nutrition,warming up,stretching,perfect technique,getting massages,nutrition,listening to your body,nutrition and getting lots of sleep,oh and also nutrition lol.

Injury can happen for a number of reasons obviously, and in my experience it will usually happen early on when starting training if they have any underlying problems or niggles or as they step up training to hard and heavy mass building, this can be a time to really listen to your body and pay real close attention to form and technique. If the preparation has been done correctly then the step up in intensity should be okay. Luckily they both seem to have a good base to work from and already sound techniques with recent hard training from both of them. Plus they get the best of everything to get the results needed.

They just need to watch any overtraining/inadequate recovery time when they are in the hard n heavy phase and of course bad training habits or techniques which the top trainers will be on top of from the get go.

I have friends from my athletics days who have torn a few muscles and had tendon trouble etc from simply training too hard when not fully recovered. I always say getting a good nights sleep is part of the training.

aah what the heck do I know. I'll shut up and get back to my beer and pitza :woot:

I've never heard of any actor injurin himself getting ready for a role - primarily because they hire professionals who know how to push them the correct way without risking injury.

I saw the Town again recently, and Affleck was REALLY big in that movie. Plus, isn't he well over 6 feet tall? Physically, he'll be fine.

I too have never heard of a body building injury forcing an actor to delay a project. They train under very controlled conditions with a world class trainer over seeing every single rep.

I've noticed that Affleck's face is a little puffy compared to Bale's or Cavill's (his chin is excellent tho). When he gets cut and ripped for his final physique for shooting, will his face look slimmer and more angular? Are there any examples of actor's face slimming down with the body?

I've noticed that Affleck's face is a little puffy compared to Bale's or Cavill's (his chin is excellent tho). When he gets cut and ripped for his final physique for shooting, will his face look slimmer and more angular? Are there any examples of actor's face slimming down with the body?

His face was slim in The Town
ben-affleck-the-town.jpg

I'm sure after working with Twight, his face will look even slimmer (as odd as that sounds).

Bale was the opposite his face was actually the puffiest when he was arguably the biggest. Mainly due to how many calories he had to take in a short period for Begins.

His face became noticeablely more guant in the next two films. Which I think worked great for the character though.

Perhaps growing his hair out a bit longer will help give his cheeks the gaunt look.

His face was slim in The Town
ben-affleck-the-town.jpg

I'm sure after working with Twight, his face will look even slimmer (as odd as that sounds).

Affleck isn't working with Twight; he's working with Rejan Jalali -- the same guy who trained him for The Town.

Either way, as his body fat decreases, his face will appear slimmer.

I want Affleck to have longish hair. And I wouldn't mind a mustache on Affleck's Wayne. It makes him less "Affleckish"
MV5BMTk1OTUwODc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjA3NjY3._V1._SX480_SY360_.jpg

8392285298_4aa0df42d2_z.jpg

I wonder if he can look something like this again, or if that ship has sailed lol

I think Affleck looked very Wayne-ish in The Company Men, almost the spitting image of Jim Aparo's rendition of the character.

The-Company-Men-ben-affleck-14225759-845-456.jpg

8245266_Tu9JG.jpeg

SeekingKirigi.jpg

Affleck isn't working with Twight; he's working with Rejan Jalali -- the same guy who trained him for The Town.

Oh. I figured since Ben's working with Snyder, naturally he'd have Twight training both him and Cavill.

When you get really low body fat, fat goes away not just from your abs abut also from your face. So your face will look more chiseled.

The biggest example is Chris Pratt for Guardians Of The Galaxy. He almost looks different now that all the fat is gone from his face.

When you get really low body fat, fat goes away not just from your abs abut also from your face. So your face will look more chiseled.

The biggest example is Chris Pratt for Guardians Of The Galaxy. He almost looks different now that all the fat is gone from his face.

You weren't kidding! He really does look like a different man now.

chris-pratt-guardians-galaxy.jpg

I rarely, if ever kid. [BLACKOUT]Just kidding :p[/BLACKOUT]

I want Affleck to have longish hair. And I wouldn't mind a mustache on Affleck's Wayne. It makes him less "Affleckish"
MV5BMTk1OTUwODc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjA3NjY3._V1._SX480_SY360_.jpg

I agree about the hair. It seems like Affleck has had the same hair style/length for years now. A little longer would definitely help him look a bit less "Affleckish".

Gotta remember that the man is going to be in a bat suit. They will probably go the armor route though hopefully with Snyders Watchmen style here and there. So his mass will increase. Then toss in that cape.

I think/hope it will be different this time. The size will come from the actor himself, with minimal level of layers or clothing or padding.

Bale was very slim in TDK and TDKR, very lightly built, yet he looked huge in costume because of how many freaking rubber layers they put on so that he looked like a puzzle.

Here I think it will Affleck who will be huge and the suit will be less bulky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"