Batman Confidential cover

That's what I was thinking. It looks like he was trying to do a Bermejo attempt at the armor and cowl.

OMG

6592_400x600.jpg

Look at the size of that Batarang and notice how leisurly (sp?) Bat's is standing there, he should be tumbling down in that position.

Yeah, I'm not interested in this.

Superman Confidential may be good though, Cook and Sale.:up:

Yeah, that's hideous. :up:

I dunno.....I mean, it's got a certain "THE BATMAN" quality.

Wait.....fanboys hate that show......oh crap......

It looks like the dude is trying to be ala Jim Lee....and is failing...badly. While also adding some kind of helmet like quality to the cowl. I appreciate the attempt- but it just fails horribly I think. You need the the nose of the cowl, it's a feature that's as important as the ears. He probably should try what Simone Bianchi has done, which as been to sort of make the cowl more like Batman Begins. Atleast, if he's trying to make the cowl more like a helmet....that'd be the best way to go.

Well...I like the coloring.

Great cover, but I'd like it a lot more if he was black instead of blue.

Saint said:
Great cover, but I'd like it a lot more if he was black instead of blue.
Indeed! I'm so sick of blue "Uniformed" Batman. I mean what happened to the whole "creature of the night" aspect ? Ya can't take a creature of the night, try to turn him into a "superhero' and expect it to be cool. That's how we got Batman & Robin. I apologise for any nausea I may have caused anyone.

Cobblepot said:
Batbat 29640, seriously now you have seen some off the art what do you think about it?

And really this is not to diss you or anything, I would like to hear your opinion on it.
Well, at first I was excited to see Portacio's name on Batman but I must say that I am dissapointed. He's lost his style. His old style was really good. back when he was doing X-Factor his style was more streamlined and not (as I've heard it said) "All marked up like some Goddamn Image book." I mean this guy has drawn one of the best Wolverine pics I've ever seen! But ChrisBaleBats is right . . . It looks too much like THE BATMAN . . . I mean haven't we suffered enough with B&R?

I think I might pick this up, it could be interesting.

Cobblepot said:
OMG

6592_400x600.jpg

Look at the size of that Batarang and notice how leisurly (sp?) Bat's is standing there, he should be tumbling down in that position.
That gives me a serious "The Batman" vibe, the mask, the bigass batarange everything.

Goddamn_Batman said:
Sorry if there's a thread on this already; I didn't see one. Anyways, for those that don't know, DC is going to start publishing "Batman Confidential," a new series that is sort of taking the place of "Legends of the Dark Knight." Since Infinite Crisis cleaned up a lot of Batman's history, this title will fill in that missing continuity with new stories. Whilce Portacio is doing the art for the first arc, and this is the cover to the first issue, found on his website:
batmanconfidential.jpg

What do you guys think?
....I tihnk I just **** my pants.

I really like the cover, Black cowl would have made it perfect

Hellstormer said:
I think I might pick this up, it could be interesting.

That gives me a serious "The Batman" vibe, the mask, the bigass batarange everything.
Actually, I'd wager the reason you're getting that vibe is because the cowl on that cover has no indentation under the brow, at the bridge of the nose. It's the same smooth shape as the cowl from "The Batman," and is a stylistic element introduced by the show.

What's up with that? It looks like lately DC has brought Batman back into that deep blue color. For a while, it seemed more dark blue....now it's straight on blue. I kinda wish they'd take another crack at the Black.

batbat_29640 said:
Well, at first I was excited to see Portacio's name on Batman but I must say that I am dissapointed. He's lost his style. His old style was really good. back when he was doing X-Factor his style was more streamlined and not (as I've heard it said) "All marked up like some Goddamn Image book." I mean this guy has drawn one of the best Wolverine pics I've ever seen! But ChrisBaleBats is right . . . It looks too much like THE BATMAN . . . I mean haven't we suffered enough with B&R?

Can you post some of his Wolverine work?
I understand your view, maybe the inker is messing things up here...
IMO opinion Neal Adams has teh same problem, his 70's work was great but his recent work looks more like unfinished sketches. It feels like he hasn't gotten better...:csad:
So I'm looking forward in seeing his work on Allstar, I hope he delivers.
Man why isn't Breyfogle or Blevins on Batman now that was beautiful, it looks like DC has these guys Blacklisted. And a guy like Liefeld can still get a job :cmad:, it pisses me off.

Cobblepot said:
Can you post some of his Wolverine work?
I understand your view, maybe the inker is messing things up here...
IMO opinion Neal Adams has teh same problem, his 70's work was great but his recent work looks more like unfinished sketches. It feels like he hasn't gotten better...:csad:
So I'm looking forward in seeing his work on Allstar, I hope he delivers.
Man why isn't Breyfogle or Blevins on Batman now that was beautiful, it looks like DC has these guys Blacklisted. And a guy like Liefeld can still get a job :cmad:, it pisses me off.
Yeah man I feel ya on the Liefeld. I honestly think Liefeld had to buy his way into another job, though. I don't have the Wolvie work but a friend of mine had a promo poster for Marvel's fan club back before Image was even out. Man, it was the sweetest Wolverine I've seen. I'll see if I can dig up some images of it. Yeah man, I miss Breyfogle. Thanks to him and Grant Morrison I saw how dark and serious Batman was supposed to be. Dude, Neal Adams is old! but yeah I can see where he falls short, but I doubt any of us are gonna be as good as we were when we get over 50.

So, what's this first issue supposed to be about? I couldn't find any information on it other than the first cover, which looks rather bad ass by the way. :o

The entire first arc is about Batman's first confrontation with Lex Luthor.

Yeah, that's right. I'll have to check this book out. Definitely interested to see how the first meeting goes between Luthor and Bats, or Wayne and Luthor...however it happens.

I'm not to thrilled about the art for this book. However, the story sounds interesting enough where I might just have to get this book.

I'll buy it anyway, I can't stop myself.

Hey Cobby . . . I couldn't find the Wolverine I was talking about but I did happen to find some of his earlier work.
smclrwp.jpg

xmen.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"