Batman Confidential cover

Christ Yes, Silent Dragon was pretty good too, but Adam Stange should have turned into a damn ongoing and The Losers was the most under-rated Vertigo series of all time. Not to mention he's a kickass guy, chat him up at Millarworld sometime. :up:

I'm undecided on this as of right now, but sweet cover.

mazzuchelli is really good. that's the kind of art i want to see in a batman confidential
Batman407.png

or matt wagner style
z021306batman.jpg

Cobblepot said:
You're nuts Two Face, that pic is hideous.

Everybody's got opinion so I like it and you can't stop me from like it.:whatever:

I respect your opinions, but what do u guys like about it?

His face looks weird, and he's lost his right ear. His right thumb is out of place not to mention his nose.
The bats look even weirder and they all have the same pose.
And we are getting a lot of simulair images of Batman with Bats around him lately...

The Bruce said:
Andy Diggle will be writing the Dark Knight’s first arc with art by Whilce Portacio.

“That story will really touch upon the return of Bruce Wayne,” said DiDio, “from his travels before he first puts on the bat suit and his reclaiming of Waynehood.”
Ooooh! A great excuse for them to Batman Beginsify the real Batman! Great!

****in' punkass mother****ers.

droogiedroogie2 said:
Ooooh! A great excuse for them to Batman Beginsify the real Batman! Great!

****in' punkass mother****ers.

yeah, what the friggin' hell? If I so much as hear about a black rubber sumo-suit or a batmo-tank I'm gonna top myself

What's the next team going to be on this book?

kenellard said:
yeah, what the friggin' hell? If I so much as hear about a black rubber sumo-suit or a batmo-tank I'm gonna top myself
I doubt they'd mention anything about the suit being rubber or black. I'm pretty sure it will be gray/black like always and when they introduce it, it will be some pseudo-armor material.. obviously. And about the car.. Morrison already alluded to a new car, that Batman said will be special. Also, what's wrong with a more tank-like car instead of a sleek sportscar?

I like it. I've always liked Whilce's work. And Cobblepot . . . man just go to a thread where people don't like dynamic art. And you're right . . . Mazzuchelli is a friggin' great artist. But that's not what they're going for here. Lee, Whilce, Turner. and Sylvestri, have very different art styles. All of which I love and have great respect for. One question though, Cobblepot . . . Can you even draw? No? Then I guess that's why Whilce got the job and you didn't.

I can manage:

cut

But I'm nowhere near as good as Jim Lee, but I just don't like that certain style.

The inside art looks even worse, just look at the last panel on page 2.
And what happended to his ear in the first panel on pages 4.

Look Im not saying I can draw better (I can't) but I can suer as hell draw a better cowl than him.

That's not too bad. His Batman design is pretty hideous, but his art overall is nice, and the writing seemed pretty good - although it may have went a bit too far into the realm of the "Goddamn" Batman.

Can you tell what he is looking at with his binoculars?

A building, a guy jumping off the building, and landing on another, lower building. I want to say it looks like Lex's battlesuit, but I dunno.

I'm not sure.
Anyway I though Dc wanted to take Batman back to how he was in the 70's and in the early 90's. But with this book (We're not sure, but that's how it looks in these 4 pages.) and with Allstar they are going 180 degrees from it.

All of a sudden this thread is really quit...

Bats looks constipated.

Batbat 29640, seriously now you have seen some off the art what do you think about it?

And really this is not to diss you or anything, I would like to hear your opinion on it.

I dunno....maybe I'm just a slave to Lee's art.....but I'm on the fence about this artwork.

I mean, his cowl.....looks odd. It looks like he wanted to go for a more kevlar feel, may even a Batman Begins take.....yet he seemed to have backed off and tried to make a mesh between that and the comics....and we get an odd looking thing.

I'm not too keen on his backgrounds either. I mean, it's al right...but the last page, 3rd panel....is Gotham like covered in smoke? Is there something happening to the city, cause there's lines indicating something. And the final panel, the red in the background...looks like blood....but I know it's not...so, why's it there?

And the first age opening shot....he could have drawn a better "man jumping off building" design, I think.

But, the art got better from the first page on....and not bad overall, I'd say.

That's my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"