Batman: The Play (What would YOU want to see?)

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by spiderfan970, Nov 27, 2007.

1. spiderfan970 Registered

Okay, its very possible that my school's theatre program will do a one act play featuring batman if I give them a script. Since its a one act (30 minutes) I would have to keep it simple. What would YOU guys wanna see?

2. CaptainClown Papa SPANK!!!

Well I am not going to see it so ya. Do a story about Bruce Wayne and all people talk about is Batman not him and he is sad (shrug)

3. Paste Pot Pete No, I build a rocket.

You should do a very minimalist-style origin up through Bruce putting on the suit (though as Batman he should only be seen as a shadow, perhaps a rising black form behind a backdrop).

And I'm seeing young Bruce on his knees beside his parents in the center of the spotlight on an otherwise darkened stage. That needs to be done.

4. spiderfan970 Registered

I had an idea along those lines. There is a large screen in the background of the stage that they sometimes use for lighting and casting shadows. I thought of a scene where young bruce is there with his parents dead and this big shadow behind him stands up and its batman, and then he opens his cape.

I would probably have a bad guy, probably the joker and harley quinn. And I would probably grab dialogue from different stories. The whole scene with bruce sitting in the armchair in year one, the 'I made a promise speech', stuff like that.

I mean the animated series had great stories and they only had around 22 minutes. I have 30, so I mean I should be able to make something... I'm just trying to think of a plot. I was thinking maybe instead of the stuff above of doing an adaption of mad love. Either that or the origin of batman. There are a lot of creative ways to convey ideas in theatre, so any ideas anyone has would be cool.