Batman v Captain America (Video)

It was alright. The problem with this video is that Captain America is the best fighter in hand-to-hand combat in Marvel, but here, he seems incapable of going toe-to-toe with Batman, unless he has his shield.

The problem with this video is that Captain America is the best fighter in hand-to-hand combat in Marvel, but here, he seems incapable of going toe-to-toe with Batman, unless he has his shield.
I think Cap should be in the veins of "TDKR Bane", in terms of strenght and fighting skills. Add his acrobatics, and Batman would be beaten to the ground in less than 10 seconds.

I think it would be a zero sum battle. Cap is the product of super steroids and Bats has military level training and mastery of several branches of master arts.

I like Batman more than Captain America, but in straight up hand to hand combat, Ol'Winghead would win.

without venom, bane is still stronger than batman right? if not he wouldnt be a threat anymore. that means batman is not peak human strength since banes a regular guy whose stronger then him

Cap's stronger and more acrobatic but the Bat is far more strategic. In the most current incarnations of Batman, he primarily focuses on Aikido and Muay Thai.

I class it like this: Cap is the pinnacle of human physical perfection, Bats is the pinnacle of human strategic perfection.

Check this out, strength/physicality vs strategy/training:
[YT]6eV8hc-6WvY[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eV8hc-6WvY

I think the Bane=Captain America analogy is correct, in pure physical strength Captain America has an edge but Batman has the same level of combat training (or more, I'm assuming Captain America's training is on par with a special forces soldier and not just basic training, right? But Batman trained with not only special forces people but martial arts masters, man trackers, magicians, acrobats, etc.) and somewhat superior intelligence. In the end he might lose the battle but he would win the war.

Batman also has all those wonderful toys.

Who needs strategy in a fist cuff when what is needed is on the fly action-reaction? And there's a reason why Cap is the premiere leader in the Marvel universe...

Cap is the pinnacle of human tactical perfection.

Tactical = impromptu reaction in a very short period of time.
Strategy = planned reaction over a longer period of time.

Yeah Batman could think of ideas to trap Cap a week after, but Cap will think seconds faster on how to react to a flying kick. The answer to Cap's feat: his serum enhanced brain. Only aliens, robots and computers could outpace Steve Rogers tactical mind. In essence Iron Man could out think Cap because his decision-making is aided by computers, but Batman's brain is not enhanced.

Batman's advantage in a chance engagement to Cap is his tools or gadgets. Same with Batman's fight with Bane in TDKR, he would have more chances if he uses his tools. And Cap is a lot smarter than Bane with a shield more dangerous than a sword.

The stronger fighter does not always win. Strategy, training and experience will beat strength, physicality and stamina hands down.

I think the Bane=Captain America analogy is correct, in pure physical strength Captain America has an edge but Batman has the same level of combat training (or more, I'm assuming Captain America's training is on par with a special forces soldier and not just basic training, right? But Batman trained with not only special forces people but martial arts masters, man trackers, magicians, acrobats, etc.) and somewhat superior intelligence. In the end he might lose the battle but he would win the war.
Captain America is highly trained in multiple martial arts styles. His actual fighting style is a blend of acrobatics, judo, boxing, and kickboxing, along with his ability to use his shield like no one else is able to.

As to who would win (since I never really said), it's really a toss up, as both are pretty much on even ground. The only advantage that Cap has is the SSS, which would help him last longer if they fought for a prolonged period of time. Even then, Batman has been shown to go up against Metahumans.

The kicker here is if he somehow lost the power of SSS, he would probably be able to hold his own because of his training.

sorry , Captain will win b/c he has near infinite endurance

bruce is only human and will tire out

Now I have left you all to digest, argue and discuss here is the 2 endings to the fight.

[YT]gr5-5vPunz8&feature=relmfu[/YT]

[YT]4Ut8E8vdW9k&feature=relmfu[/YT]

Rogers was trained as a soldier in the military, Wayne was trained as a ninja and kind of studied stuff on his own to boot. Without their weaponry and them just stripped down to their bare fists, I'd still give the edge to Cap on the peak human ability alone.

Cap is as good of a strategist as Batman (both are considered the top strategists in their respective universes) and his physical superior. Batman is more popular though, so he would win in any actual encounter.

Yes, Cap is the very pinnacle of human physical fitness due to the SSS but conversely, it could be argued that Bats' sheer drive and determination has pushed him very close to that pinnacle also.

I normally do not get involved in this sort of thing because Batman fan's will always find some way of having him be the "best" (against Spiderman..Superman..ect) That being said I got this off of Marvels Directory..

Strength Level: Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. While not superhuman, he is as strong as a human being can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort.

Known Superhuman Powers: Captain America has agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he has metabolized has enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.​
Captain America has mastered the martial art of American-style boxing and judo, and has combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peek condition. Captain America is one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known.

All I think it would take is one solid punch and you can say hello to broken ribs, broken arm or heck one solid shot to the head from a guy who can press 800lbs would probably end the fight right there (most likely not in a good way too).

As good as Batman could be at fighting he would be hard pressed to beat down Cap before Cap could do the same just because of the fact Batman is a "normal human" while Cap is not.

I'd like to clarfiy here that I'm neither a Cap fan or a Bat fan - I'm both (same as I'm both DC and Marvel equally) and I just honestly dont see a Cap victory being the clearcut cakewalk some on here believe it to be. I see it as pretty much a stalemate, which when you look at it is how both DC and Marvel saw it when the two characters fought back in 1996; and while we can all theorise about how the fight would go based on each characters attributes, ultimately we can only go on what has actually gone down before on the printed page - the characters fought to a sandstill onlt for Batman to win out of pure luck.

EDIT: Saying that though, I've just remembered that Deathstroke (who as we all know is prety much Marvel's 'bad' Captain America) wiped the floor with Bats, even after Bats got a few good licks in.

Last edited:
I didn't know Cap could bench close to a ton.

His strength has fluctuated quite a bit; he's not supposed to be superhuman but different writers have had him performing feats over the years that could only have been achieved if he was.

so great hearing all you guys talk about the technicalities of how great these characters really are. After all the work hollywood has done to normalize them.

and yes cap should be moving like tim roth did vs the hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"