BvS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Easter Eggs

Sorry if it's been mentioned.

there's a couple of wizard of oz references, perry white says Clark probably clicked his heels three times and went to Kansas, but did you notice when supes is crushed by the rumble later on, only his red boots are sticking out paralleling the wicked witch.
Lex also calls Clarks mom a witch, but there may or may not be a correlation there

there's a couple of wizard of oz references, perry white says Clark probably clicked his heels three times and went to Kansas, but did you notice when supes is crushed by the rumble later on, only his red boots are sticking out paralleling the wicked witch.
Lex also calls Clarks mom a witch, but there may or may not be a correlation there

I can't remember, but wasn't there a reference to "The Emerald City" also?

Saw it again last night and I thought I saw this on one of the pillars during the BM/SM fight:

Anarchy's symbol only it wasn't the "A" with a circle around it. It was the old Looping "A" that I thought was in the old version of the character. I've searched but I can't find an image of it right now.

Also, at the end when BM is visiting Lex. There appears to be someone else standing with BM right before the lights go off and then he reappears there by himself.

Could it be Cyborg helping him "boom tube" into the area?

What is the weird Angel of Death thing that The Batwing is mounted on in the cave in the Google view?

I can't believe I keep forgetting to mention this, and I can't believe no one else has mentioned it.

When young Bruce is "rising" into the cloud of bats, his silhouette due to his suit and position roughly forms the bat emblem.

Roach also mentioned some time ago that the intro dream is reminiscent of jor-el's monologue from MoS, they'll race behind you, stumble, fall, but eventually will join you in the sun. Bruce ran, sumbled, and fell into the cave only to rise into sun.

In the Knightmare scene, Bruce opens the case of kryptonite and it's just a couple green light bulbs. Later when Lex gets the shipment of kryptonite, he opens the case and we just see a green light on his face. This was a reference to Pulp Fiction.

Saw this on reddit, thought it was really interesting

Posted by Condescending_Fool
"Excalibur (1981) is shown on the marquee at the theater ("Coming Wednesday") on the night Batman's parents are killed. Excalibur is an incredibly faithful adaptation of Le Morte d'Arthur.
In the end Batman slams the spear into the ground (stone). He pulls the spear out of the ground before he attacks Superman (sword from stone). After he realizes he's become the bad guy, he abandons the spear the same way Arthur did after he abused its power to defeat Lancelot. Lois is the lady of the lake, tossing the spear into the water and then having to get it back before the final fight. The fight between Batman vs Superman is similar to the fight between Lancelot and Arthur (two good guys fighting against each other due to hubris and passion, eventually reconciling to fight the main bad guy)
Doomsday is Mordred. In the end Superman stabs Doomsday and gets stabbed in return, and Superman impales himself further to stab Doomsday through the back and kill him, same way the fight between Mordred and Arthur goes. Doomsday's unnatural creation also mirrors how Morgana created Mordred to some degree.
There may have been more I missed."

When Batman carries knocked out Superman to toss him from the floor, camera passes next to a wall with a graffiti "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - "who will guard the guards themselves?" in Latin, which goes in line with the theme of a political power and power in general, a main theme in the film and also serves as a hint to the "Who Watches the Watchmen?".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes%3F

One more interesting bit of info, it was actually spoken in the "Justice League: Animated" itself:

"During an episode of Justice League Unlimited, Batman says the phrase to Green Arrow after Arrow talked Superman and the other founding members out of disbanding the League. Green Arrow translates the Latin to "Who guards the guardians"."

Lex says "Late late says the white rabbit,right wabbit?" when Superman comes to confront him in the scout ship.Thats a reference to Alice in wonderland.

Almost every Lex's line references something. A myth - "you flew to close to the Sun" (an Ancient Greek myth of Icarus), a book - "Lane Lo in the morning, Lola in slacks" (paraphrasing Nabokov's "Lolita" - "she was Lo, plain Lo in the morning.... she was Lola in slacks"), history - "one if by land, two if by air" (paraphrasing "one if by land and two if by sea" as a reference to Paul Revere and "Midnight Ride"), "the red capes are coming" references the same ("the redcoats are coming"), etc.

Saw this on reddit, thought it was really interesting

Posted by Condescending_Fool
"Excalibur (1981) is shown on the marquee at the theater ("Coming Wednesday") on the night Batman's parents are killed. Excalibur is an incredibly faithful adaptation of Le Morte d'Arthur.
In the end Batman slams the spear into the ground (stone). He pulls the spear out of the ground before he attacks Superman (sword from stone). After he realizes he's become the bad guy, he abandons the spear the same way Arthur did after he abused its power to defeat Lancelot. Lois is the lady of the lake, tossing the spear into the water and then having to get it back before the final fight. The fight between Batman vs Superman is similar to the fight between Lancelot and Arthur (two good guys fighting against each other due to hubris and passion, eventually reconciling to fight the main bad guy)
Doomsday is Mordred. In the end Superman stabs Doomsday and gets stabbed in return, and Superman impales himself further to stab Doomsday through the back and kill him, same way the fight between Mordred and Arthur goes. Doomsday's unnatural creation also mirrors how Morgana created Mordred to some degree.
There may have been more I missed."
And when Arthur defeats Lancelot he tosses Excalibur away. Just like how Batman threw away the spear after he defeated Superman and later Lois retrieves the spear and in Excalibur the lady of the lake gives Arthur Excalibur back.
tumblr_o54ub7tt011tfws2co2_500.gif

Nice call dude! That's funny because I took note of that shot with his red boots sticking out the last time I watched it a few nights back, just thought it was an interesting shot, like I figured maybe it was a visual reference to Superman II or Superman IV or something, didn't even think about the Wizard Of Oz connection

Almost every Lex's line references something. A myth - "you flew to close to the Sun" (an Ancient Greek myth of Icarus), a book - "Lane Lo in the morning, Lola in slacks" (paraphrasing Nabokov's "Lolita" - "she was Lo, plain Lo in the morning.... she was Lola in slacks"), history - "one if by land, two if by air" (paraphrasing "one if by land and two if by sea" as a reference to Paul Revere and "Midnight Ride"), "the red capes are coming" references the same ("the redcoats are coming"), etc.

"Late Late" said the White Rabbit - Alice In Wonderland (Mad Hatter, anybody?)
Right, Wabbit? - Elmer Fudd (Saturday morning cartoons)

I feel like the film is basically saying these characters are an amalgam of human mythology and stories dating all the way back to the beginning of time. There is a LOT of symbolism in this film that goes unappreciated, I feel like

Lex says "Late late says the white rabbit,right wabbit?" when Superman comes to confront him in the scout ship.Thats a reference to Alice in wonderland.

Oh crap sorry dude, I missed this post lol

Watching the Ultimate Edition now and I just noticed how the zombiefied Superman's S is quite close to resembling the George Reeves version

hlDShI.jpg

Last edited:
Last time I watched, I noted that in addition to all the religious images Snyder replicated from paintings and sculpture such as the Pieta in the death shots, he also has Superman pulling that ship with the anchor chain over his shoulder strikingly like Christ carrying his cross... At least it looks very similar to me.

Woohoo Clay Enos liked my tweet

dZ5N7Z.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted yet:

The Mother Box that creates Cyborg has a government ID number of 61982.

Look what comic came out in June (6th month) of 1982:

390px-TalesoftheNewTeenTitans1cyborg.jpg

I can't believe I keep forgetting to mention this, and I can't believe no one else has mentioned it.

When young Bruce is "rising" into the cloud of bats, his silhouette due to his suit and position roughly forms the bat emblem.

Will have to look out for that one next time I watch it. Good spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"