BvS Batman v Superman: Dawn of Easter Eggs

This might have been my eyes deceiving me, but was Senator Pat Leahy at the senate hearing?
Probably. I didn't notice him (because I don't know what he looks like), but he's a huge Batman fan and shows up in a lot of Batman-related stuff.

I got one nobody noticed in my group of friends... and i have not seen it here.

Okay so in the beginning when you see the wayne family walk past the movie theater, i am pretty sure i saw a (probably) Justice League film poster... there were a couple of old ones but in a flash i saw one that was way to new/bright/colorfull to fit the other old ones.. it was at the far right when they pass it.

i will see the movie again tomorrow, so i will keep an eye out for that one.

Not sure if anyone caught this
but Cyborg's dad...Silas Stone...is played by Joe Morton....who also played Miles Dyson in Terminator 2 and was the creator of Skynet

This was fantastic casting. So pleasantly surprised when he came on screen. Such a perfect choice. He's also excellent on Scandal, BTW.

Apparently Luthor says something about the Greek gods and Diana rolled her eyes.

On my second viewing I noticed the Excalibur poster at the theatre in the opening. Not a DC Easter egg but still a cool one.

@ the post credits we get a few name drops

Jimmy Olsen
Lana Lang
Pete Ross

We also get Lex/OS
Username: mgraves
Password: lexicon

The OS is scanning the Kryptonian ship and it will end scanning in 3 days and 9 hours. So we might get a hint of Brainiac, Darkseid or even the Eradicator. Plus we also get new test where you could reach to LvL 5.

Yeah so I just spent the last 30 minutes or so doing all of those tests to reach Level 5 status...for nothing? I don't see that countdown on the OS scan. Hopefully this leads to something or WB is laughing at how it literally just stole 30 minutes of my life for no reason

This may have been mentioned, but Alexander's sword that cut the Gordian knot is mentioned. A WATCHMEN/Veidt reference.

Yeah, plus why would he judge Jason Todd/Red Hood in this incarnation. Look what Batman does.
I'm very surprised we have an alive Joker in this world. I'll take that as possibly a more brutal and methodical Joker than even the comics. Batman: RIP, anyone?
After Batman brands the human trafficker, Alfred comments "New rules?". I thought that was supposed to mean that Batman's brutality is very new. Even though it's never mentioned if Batman has been retired in the movie, I think it wood be good if it was mentioned if Batman has been retired and he's more brutal than before. Batman coming out of retirement and being more brutal would also explain why Clark decided to just now start investigating the Batman and it would also explain why Joker and his gang are alive.

Okay so in the beginning when you see the wayne family walk past the movie theater, i am pretty sure i saw a (probably) Justice League film poster... there were a couple of old ones but in a flash i saw one that was way to new/bright/colorfull to fit the other old ones.. it was at the far right when they pass it.

That was a poster for Excalibur.
tlebErI.png

There was a mention of The Emerald City...

Fitting, since it's 1981.

I noticed that, too. It was a meta-double-entendre when talking about the kryptonite.
Another double entendre was Lex's line about how the painting should be upside down, because devils come from the sky. At first he was referencing Superman but at the ending when he was alluding to the new gods, the upside down painting was shown again with Darkseid being the devil coming from the sky.

Thanks. I will keep an eye out for that also the next time I see it.

During the knightmare scene, Batman uses this move where he bends over one of the Supertroopers and uses their back to steady his aim while shooting his gun. That reminded me of Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

When kid Bruce was running through the graveyard I could have sworn I saw a tombstone that said Solomon. Possibly a Solomon Grundy reference.

Swanwick tells Lois "Major Ferris" is right outside. GL reference.

Batman's weapon of choice in the movie is
a kryptonite spear, which was also used in DC Universe Online.
aeaa8fb8c1e670b2c02a6a28f82fd94f.gif

The horse reminded me of TDKR (the Miller book), and that scene where Bats grabs the gunman through the wall is from that as well...
Loads of TDKR references...

Wasn't that a nanotech box that he "throws" at Victor? Or is there another one?

Nope that's the scene that I'm talking about. It looks like nano tech but it's actually MB. If you remember in the comics and in the cartoons, Darkseid sent Glorious Godfrey and Desaad to Earth and recruited Intergan and some others to work for him with out them knowing and he equipped them with New Gods weapons and also with MB. Maybe he helped Silas Stone and S.T.A.R Labs with some tech.

I've been thinking more about this and it's cool/hella freaky that

Darkseid has already started infiltrating Earth. And if Silas Stone already has a Mother Box then he, Cyborg and S.T.A.R. labs are already involved (esp. with Cyborg's body) and vulnerable to Boom Tubes and parademons and Darkseid. Like in JL: War, I wonder if other Mother boxes will start appearing everywhere and whether other heroes like Flash/Barry find them too.

The stained glass angel in the Wayne mausoleum has a red cape/cloak.

On my second viewing I noticed the Excalibur poster at the theatre in the opening. Not a DC Easter egg but still a cool one.

Didn't Snyder say JL would be like Knights of the Round Table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"