BvS Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they go the marvel route, it will be called "Justice League: First Contact."

For the most part, yeah. But now that the film's been released, everyone knows it.

You are either trolling this thread or you honestly believe that no one knew Superman was sometimes called the Man of Steel. Either way I am done with discussing this.

Because they didn't. I've never heard anyone outside of the fan community refer to him by that name and there were posters who came on here and said that people in their social circle didn't know that the film was about Superman. Superman's actual name was obviously going to be advertised more than one of his nicknames, so I don't know why you're acting like this is a huge deal.

The Adventures of Bruce & Clark

Bruce & Clark: The Early Years

Brucey Loves Clarky

Seriously, who gives a monkey's? Reading all these pathetic arguments going back and forth, back and forth. It's a movie title, people. It's not the end of the world. Just be glad they're making the movie in the first place.

Now will you all please go back to either drawing the manips, or finding them online...because that and the rumourville is the only reason why we are here.

That is all.

Because they didn't. I've never heard anyone outside of the fan community refer to him by that name and there were posters who came on here and said that people in their social circle didn't know that the film was about Superman. Superman's actual name was obviously going to be advertised more than one of his nicknames, so I don't know why you're acting like this is a huge deal.

I don't know anyone outside the community who used the nickname of The Dark Knight or The Caped Crusader when referring to Batman, but Joe Average is still aware of who that nickname applies too. Same deal with The Man of Steel and Superman.

This argument pretty much sums up the problems with modern day film/superhero fans.

All this useless nitpicking.

I don't know anyone outside the community who used the nickname of The Dark Knight or The Caped Crusader when referring to Batman, but Joe Average is still aware of who that nickname applies too. Same deal with The Man of Steel and Superman.

I doubt it, but it hardly matters now. I just hope that, whatever they call it, it'll be good.

This argument pretty much sums up the problems with modern day film/superhero fans.

All this useless nitpicking.
Nothing is being "nit picked" because nothing has yet been decided. We are discussing the relative merits of potential titles. If you knew that you would have "problems" with such a discussion, then this wasn't really the best thread to join.

Nothing is being "nit picked" because nothing has yet been decided.

The title dosen't have to be official for it to be nitpicked, as you guys are wonderfully proving.

We are discussing the relative merits of potential titles.

...Looks more like nitpicking to me.

If you knew that you would have "problems" with such a discussion, then this wasn't really the best thread to join.

You're acting as if this discussion had to devolve into its current status, which it didn't.

I agree a better title could be chosen.

But I recently heard Kevin Smith's testimony that the title alone will rake in so much money for the movie as casual/non-fans ask, "why are they fighting? I thought they were friends." and that does indeed make sense.

Batman vs Superman is going to be the name. They've been flirting with that name for a movie for the past ten years

Nothing is being "nit picked" because nothing has yet been decided. We are discussing the relative merits of potential titles. If you knew that you would have "problems" with such a discussion, then this wasn't really the best thread to join.

Lord Forbid we have a discussion about the topic in a thread

You are either trolling this thread or you honestly believe that no one knew Superman was sometimes called the Man of Steel. Either way I am done with discussing this.

I've gotta completely agree with this.

I wish, haha.
I like the "VS." thing, and I'd choose Superman vs. Batman instead of Batman vs. Superman.

I think with Batman's name going first it makes him the aggressor in the title. This may go towards the story line that Batman comes to check out Superman.

I just want the darn title released this is turning into the who should be batman thread

Batman vs Superman just rolls better. It's the syllables

The "vs" has such a tacky and cheap connotation when it comes to movie titles.

Just let it be Superman/Batman along with both of their insignias and that should be more than enough. It doesn't have to be World's Finest (even though I personally like it) but I sincerely hope we don't get the "vs" title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"