• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Dark Knight Batman's Theme Music in TDK

I disagree on this one. I hate the music from those movies. It was too loud, bombastic and overblown: no subtlety, no finesse, and sense of drama. The music did, however suit those films, as it was cheesy and felt like something that belonged with a cartoon.

yea, i didnt clarify, but i meant that they fit into those films well imo.

but i still think they took enough influence from elfman's score to be considered worthy. at least for a schumacher batman movie

Ohhh irony...
014.gif

Do tell.

Comic book movie fans the world over were thrilled with Christopher Nolan's 2005 relaunch Batman Begins and a large part of that--not to disparage the talented Danny Elfman--was due to Hans Zimmer's fantastic score. ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! recently had a rare opportunity to talk to the musical maestro about his score for The Simpsons Movie, and we asked him how things were progressing on the musical end of the Batman sequel The Dark Knight.

The biggest news from Mr. Zimmer, who told us that he's "playing around" and "getting some ideas" is the fact that he's crafting a new Batman theme for the second movie in the relaunched franchise. "It's going to evolve," He told us. "There is a big Batman theme which I was playing with for the last one, but I always felt the character hadn't earned it yet, so I just want to go and play around, and I now want to go and complete that theme, so that's part of the idea. I felt I had a good start, and now it would be really nice to develop that world a little further."

The Dark Knight opens on July 18, while The Simpsons Movie is now playing in theatres and its soundtrack is available in record stores everywhere. You can read our full interview with Mr. Zimmer on ComingSoon.net very soon. (It's one not to miss for anyone who wants to learn more about the origins of "The Spider-Pig Contata" or some of Mr. Zimmer's other exciting plans, some of them involving "pirates.")

SHH main page.

Hell yea :up:
I think they said something about this before.
I wish they would just keep the Elfman theme :(

Actually, we've known this for a while. He mentioned writing a theme that he decided the hold onto until the next film quite some time ago.

I'm pretty sure that means the theme will evolve, rather than be completely different.

Hell yea :up:
I think they said something about this before.
I wish they would just keep the Elfman theme :(

God I love the Elfman theme. Hell, I love any Elfman composition. His stuff in SM was good, too.

If it's anything like the BB "theme" then this sucks...i want a memorable theme, like B89 had and all the cartoons.

I like both themes.

There is no way you could keep the old theme for a relaunched Batman franchise. Sorry, but no.

Star Wars could get away with it...but not Batman. That's if they ever did relaunch Star Wars.

The only Bat theme to me is the Elfman one :csad:

I'd love it if they developed the music throughout, building up to the Elfman theme but I doubt they would.

God I love the Elfman theme. Hell, I love any Elfman composition. His stuff in SM was good, too.

Yea me too.
its hard to decide between Elfman and John Williams sometimes for me.

millennium movies said:
If it's anything like the BB "theme" then this sucks...i want a memorable theme, like B89 had and all the cartoons.

I agree, the Elfman theme was so awesome, it was dark and really felt like it should be Batmans theme.

I like both themes.

There is no way you could keep the old theme for a relaunched Batman franchise. Sorry, but no.

Star Wars could get away with it...but not Batman. That's if they ever did relaunch Star Wars.

Superman Returns?

that movie sucked but it wasnt the theme that made it suck.
I tihnk it could work if they reused Elfman's theme.

Superman Returns?

See, but SR was a "re-quel," and with BB/TDK, they're starting over, so to use that old theme would connect them to the old franchise and make more people think it was a prequel rather than a reboot.

I like both themes.

Actually why not? Halloween is restarting and has an updated version of the theme. Star Trek had a updated version of the theme depending on the generation. Why can't it work for TDK? A theme, specialy iconic one is something you don't mess with i dont care who the director thinks he is. Next thing you know they will drop the bat logo and just have a totally different sign...come on

The Batman Begins score was Godly. Can't wait to hear what they have for this one.

I love Elfman's theme.

If this and Batman Begins were part of the old franchise, then I would much prefer Elfman's theme.

This franchise is trying to distance itself from the previous franchise.

Not using the Elman theme helps distance itself from the previous franchise.

Superman Returns is part of the same franchise as all the other Superman films. I don't even know or care much about Superman...and even I know it's supposed to take the place of Superman 2.

Hmm, I really love the old Batman Theme (ever seen this guy? :D Hahaha, he's amazig: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wUPBgYeanZ0 ).
But I like Hans Zimmer, too. He composed perfect movie scores. So he will do the right thing ;) Let's all have faith in him :woot:

Superman Returns?

i agree wikum...superman returns was able to get away with using the reeve/donner movie theme because it was a "vague" continuation of that previous serious.

whereas begins is a completely new story from the the burton/schumacher movies. imo, the elfman theme was great and fit for the previous bat films but it doesn't seem to fit with the tone of this new one.

Elfman's Batman theme was the best, but I'm glad it's not in this series.

Glad Zimmer is making a new theme for Batman, hopefully this one will be memorable and iconic as well.

Man do they have to take everything to such extremes in this new trilogy...it's like people won't get this is new unless they totally do a 180 with the film. Why couldn't they change the suit then if they really want to distance from the old movie? They sure seem to be changing everything else around but that...

We didn't have to get the same old theme, but I wish Elfman would've came back to come up with a NEW theme for this franchise. Howard & Zimmer did good, but I feel Batman is something that Elfman can do, that no one else can.

His music just resonates with the character. They go hand-in-hand.

Actually why not? Halloween is restarting and has an updated version of the theme. Star Trek had a updated version of the theme depending on the generation. Why can't it work for TDK? A theme, specialy iconic one is something you don't mess with i dont care who the director thinks he is. Next thing you know they will drop the bat logo and just have a totally different sign...come on

I think the comparison with the bat logo is a bit much lol. I feel for what your saying, I'm in the middle I love both. You have to realize Millennium, that Zimmer had said that he hadn't yet earned his theme. From what it sounds like, Batman we'll be getting a full theme for The Dark Knight. I say hold out until you hear the finished version of what he was only starting out with in Begins.

We didn't have to get the same old theme, but I wish Elfman would've came back to come up with a NEW theme for this franchise.

Exactly. That would have been the best solution. Maybe he was offered but turned it down. We will probably never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"