The Dark Knight Music composer for TDK

The only reason we're talking about bringing in a new composer is the chances of Zimmer and Howard not being able to take the time to work together.

With the success of Batman Begins and the hype surrounding both sequels, it's more than likely WB would compensate them for any trouble they'd have finding time in their schedules, especially considering how far off The Dark Knight is.

I really wish we could get the Danny Elfman theme back. That theme when I hear it just rings BATMAN to me. They should use it how the BTAS used it, now all the quirky sounds, just that main theme when Batman appears and thats it.

Zimmer and Newton must come back... but if one of them aren't able to return, I think a good substitute would be Harry Gregson Williams.

They should come back for 2 reasons:

- BB soundtrack was great.
- New score changes the overall mood of the film and makes it more different than it's predecessor.

BatZiLLa54 said:
I really wish we could get the Danny Elfman theme back. That theme when I hear it just rings BATMAN to me. They should use it how the BTAS used it, now all the quirky sounds, just that main theme when Batman appears and thats it.

...So they should use Elfman's theme in the opening credits and then use Shirley Walker's Batman theme during the actual movie? I can't believe there are so called "fans" of Batman TAS who think it's Elfman's theme from Batman and Batman Returns being used when Shirley Walker's Batman theme is completely different and superior to Elfman's.

Substance D said:
he did a serious, intense and brooding score for red dragon..

I actually thought Elfman's score was the worst part of that movie. Right in the opening credits you see images that tell you about Dolarhyde's history but it just loses all of its impact when combined with Elfman's crazy gothic carnival sounds. There was nothing serious or brooding about Elfman's Red Dragon score at all.

I want Don Davis.

His textured work on the Matrix films partially inspired the BB score
(along with Elfman's Spiderman).

I'm sure he can deliver a fantastic take.

Stupidnewb said:
...So they should use Elfman's theme in the opening credits and then use Shirley Walker's Batman theme during the actual movie? I can't believe there are so called "fans" of Batman TAS who think it's Elfman's theme from Batman and Batman Returns being used when Shirley Walker's Batman theme is completely different and superior to Elfman's...
Shirley Walker had the job of the overall music in the episodes, but variations of music written by Danny Elfman for the 1989 Batman film were used for the main theme song for BTAS. Later episodes of the series (The New Batman Adventures and The New Batman/Superman Adventures) used a new theme written in a similar style by Shirley Walker.

Here are a few screen grabs:

Get your facts correct.

Now, I sense a tone of great anger in you post. :confused:

fceeviper said:
Shirley Walker had the job of the overall music in the episodes, but variations of music written by Danny Elfman for the 1989 Batman film were used for the main theme song for BTAS. Later episodes of the series (The New Batman Adventures and The New Batman/Superman Adventures) used a new theme written in a similar style by Shirley Walker.

Here are a few screen grabs:

Get your facts correct.

Now, I sense a tone of great anger in you post. :confused:

You're telling me to get my facts correct when you didn't even read my post or the one I quoted? BatZiLLa54 talked about the music that would play when Batman apeared in TAS. That's obviously Shirley Walker's Batman theme and not the one in the opening credits. I even said that the theme in the opening credits is Elfman's. So exactly what is the point of your post?

Now, I sense a tone of great arrogance in you(r) post. :confused:

Elfman's theme was only used like once or twice during the actual show. He did a shorter, compact version of his theme for the opening credits, but Walker's theme, a totally different theme BASED off of Elfman's, is the one heard during the show. Elfman and Walker's themes are two seperate things. If you can't tell the difference, you're obviously ******ed.

Stupidnewb said:
I actually thought Elfman's score was the worst part of that movie. Right in the opening credits you see images that tell you about Dolarhyde's history but it just loses all of its impact when combined with Elfman's crazy gothic carnival sounds. There was nothing serious or brooding about Elfman's Red Dragon score at all.

You're a stupidnewb.

keep Zimmer/Newton Howard, or better yet, just Newton-Howard. I like some consistency between sequels. It's always cool when themes can be elaborated upon...

I'd like to see James Newton Howard go it alone. He's done some great work before.

arent Zimmer and Howard signed up for the sequels anyway? changing the composers would be as bad as changing the director. if people can detect the subtle changes in artistic style visually how much more musically?

if there's one request i'd like to make it would be to incorporate the classic Batman theme composed by Elfman-- you know those 5-6 notes i'm talking about, but adapt it so that it would fit the current style of this franchise. it can definitely work (if you cant hear it in your head you're probably tone deaf).

Danny Elfman should do the score :) , his music is great and matches Batman perfectly!

ultimatefan said:
ZIMMER AND HOWARD DAMMIT!!!
I second that.

I´m listening to the score as I type, and its pure greatness, no need to change the team behind it.

I third that. Dont fix what aint broke. If we have more elfman stuff itll sound too much like old school franchise. The soundtrack for Begins was unbelievable :up:

Particularly the love theme music, and the scene with Wayne Manor burning. Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"