Battlestar Galactica MOD FREESPACE 2

SpeedballLives said:
Too high then. Because it is the Ultimate in Sci-Fi shows.
The point of it is to take you away from boring old earth and place you in worlds far away, and It does it best. Doctor Who(the newest one) does a damn good job as well.

I dunno, I suppose it's just personal taste. :confused:

Doctor Who looks rather odd, but intriguing.

Wait you think BSG is too cheesy but didn't mind DOCTOR WHO as much? And STARTREK only makes you sick sometimes? BSG is more grounded then Doctor who or StarTrek. And you thing the effects in BSG are cheesy? It has higher quality (and more expensive) special effects then Doctor Who or StarTrek!

You're dead to me, and BSG is amazing.

I hate Battlestar Galactica and anyone who watches that garbage.

WhatsHisFace said:
Fine. We get it. You're too cool for school. You've been posting the same **** for how many pages now? Now leave. You're not funny. You're not adding anything. You're useless.

Now, to be ON TOPIC, I can't believe how intricate this mod is for something just out of the fan community. Apparently they tweaked the flight coding, too, to be more or less responsive with certain ships. That's far beyond just slapping a new skin on something and calling it a full mod.

WhatsHisFace, knock it off!

WhatsHisFace said:

Ok, WHF, you don't like it? Stay out of this thread. I mean it

I tried the mod and it blew loads of whale semen all over the place....in a bad way :o

It's not even out yet. There was a leaked pre-alpha some like year ago.

That's what I tried. The only cool thing was I could play it in French :confused:

So anyways how is Grigori doing these days? :o

C. Lee said:
Apparently not.
mega-rolleyes.jpg

Wow he walked into that one. :o

Pre-Alpha is like before they've even started bug testing, not representative of their finished product or even a playable demo.

Zenien said:
Wait you think BSG is too cheesy but didn't mind DOCTOR WHO as much? And STARTREK only makes you sick sometimes? BSG is more grounded then Doctor who or StarTrek. And you thing the effects in BSG are cheesy? It has higher quality (and more expensive) special effects then Doctor Who or StarTrek!

You're dead to me, and BSG is amazing.

If you say so :rolleyes:

And, I've never even seen Doctor Who. I said it looks weird but intriguing, please, read what I say because you start ranting about this or that.. and BSG's effects are cheesy. They don't even give me the impression that they ever COULD be real.

And the actors give me the impression that they don't even want to be in the show. Lackluster performances all around. At least in Star Trek they truly seem to believe their own performances. And, I don't care if I'm dead to you, ugh. I don't see how anyone is hurting my feelings by saying that to me. It's a ****ing mediocre tv show! :o

Extromaniac said:
If you say so :rolleyes:

And, I've never even seen Doctor Who. I said it looks weird but intriguing, please, read what I say because you start ranting about this or that..

I just did read what you said and it makes no sense. So please, if you're going to talk, make sense.

and BSG's effects are cheesy. They don't even give me the impression that they ever COULD be real.

That's like totally ironic. There's a ton more thought put into having a realistic approach then most Sci Fi space ship shows, and that includes having a much more realistic approach then StarTrek. No mater how much I like StarTrek, it's not realistic. Everything from the technology to the ship designs have strong elements that run totally contrary to logic and feasability.

And the actors give me the impression that they don't even want to be in the show. Lackluster performances all around.

That's your opinion, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people disagree.

At least in Star Trek they truly seem to believe their own performances. And, I don't care if I'm dead to you, ugh. I don't see how anyone is hurting my feelings by saying that to me. It's a ****ing mediocre tv show! :o

Battlestar Galactica has great acting, in every way it is an explary example of a TV show that is distinctly above average. Outside of a few (top grade )actors in TNG, and DS9 in general, StarTrek has never had really strong acting performances as a whole. I don't agree at all with you comment about the actors not believing thier own performances.

(Granted ST is a good step up from most other Sci Fi!)

Zenien said:
I just did read what you said and it makes no sense. So please, if you're going to talk, make sense. Yes, it does make sense. I said it looks weird but intriguing.. but I have not watched it. You know, there are such things as commercials. :o :rolleyes:

Ironic considering they're more closely based around real world mechanics and take care to consider what the real world requirements of space faring would be. They put much more consideration into realistic contraints then most Sci Fi space ship shows, and that includes having a much more realistic approach then StarTrek. No mater how much I like StarTrek, it's not realistic. Everything from the technology to the ship designs have strong elements that run totally contrary to logic and feasability. Well, apparently it's a matter of taste then. Because to me, it basically comes off with the feel I get from everything late night flick on the Sci-Fi channel. Mediocre actors, with a dull plot that is reminiscent of most every Sci-Fi tv show in existence. So, they battle the cylons, or whatever the hell they are, and are in an ongoing war with them.. and..??

Real life with something spacey in mind wouldn't be that glamourous. It'd be basically watching a show on the military today, but in space. Conflicts from time to time.. and then a lot of dull sitting around and normal activities going on from time to time. I don't want Sci-Fi to be that way.. but I want characters to at least have their own, non-cookie cutter backstories and agendas. :o

That's your opinion, but I'm pretty sure a lot of people disagree. Does it matter to me if they disagree or not? Obviously not. I find the shows actors lackluster.. which is mainly the reason their actors haven't reached bigger and better things yet. Star Trek had a couple exceptions. Patrick Stewart turned out to be a brilliant big screen actor, and Nemoy found his own niche and expanded towards other showings. Though, I find Firefly's cast had many more energetic and charismatic actors than most other Sci-Fi flicks.. :up:

Battlestar Galactica has great acting, in every way it is an explary example of a TV show that is distinctly above average. Outside of a few (top grade )actors in TNG, and DS9 in general, StarTrek has never had really strong acting performances as a whole. I don't agree at all with you comment about the actors not believing thier own performances. And I don't agree with you actually thinking these people are into their work while performing. I suppose this is why I prefer animated shows and movies over live action shows. With animated shows the actors almost never look bored or out of place, because, all you "see" is their voice.. and in Sci-Fi movies.. they usually do a better job of bringing out an actor's higher-grade performances.

I suppose to me, the characters just don't seem like they feel all too comfortable with the setting they're in. Some of them are worse than others, some are better. It's just not very believable to me. Seems more out there and helter skelter. :confused:

(Granted ST is a good step up from most other Sci Fi!)

Argh, I hate having to post after a quote. :o

C. Lee said:
Apparently not.
Wow, you sure showed that disobedient little bastard. He tried to talk **** about your repeated posting of the same damn thing (usually called spam, but you're a mod, so **** him, right?), and *WHAM*, he got a taste of what it's like to be the most badass, respected human being in society: The guy who sits around on his computer and plays pretend policeman on the internet with his comic buddies and has a fit whenever someone says anything that isn't the respect (brown nosing from idiots who say "lol" and "omgwtf!?" a lot) you normally get on the forums but no where else in life. :rolleyes:

As for the actual thread before the e-gestapo took a break from their heavy schedule of being admired and praised by their peers to come in and be dumbasses, I used to watch BSG. I no longer do. That's pretty much all I can say about the quality of the show :o

The series has a cool "look" to it, but I mean, if that wears off on you, there's really nothing else there :(

Apparently you don't like characters unless they're putting people's faces on lit burner stoves. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"