The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question..did they ever answer how Baltar survived the initial nuclear blast? I know 6 did something, but I don't remember them saying what.

used her body as a shield, also his cabin wasn't in the main blast area so that kind of helped

Yeah, I think she mainly just protected him from debris.

God, this wait for Blood and Chrome sucks @$$!!! I'm ready to see Husker waste some frakkin toasters!

On a side not, I read this on the Chicago Tribune in the announcement for the show: "Before "Battlestar Galactica" ended, high-tech scans were made of all the show's sets, so that the special-effects team will be able to re-create them (possibly even in 3D).
"I've seen the virtual, 3D version of CIC ['Battlestar's' Combat Information Center] and it's pretty damn cool," Taylor said. "
That worries me. I like real sets and I hope Syfy isn't going the "Sanctuary" route and making all the sets green screen digital creations. And this is TV do we really need 3D in this. Its every where you look now.

Last edited:
Yeah the production values in Sanctuary are weak as crap unfortunately.

Finally finished Caprica and just WOW! I seriously think that I like Caprica as a whole better than BSG for real. It was just such a different and unique show. The stuff with Willie towards the end was weird but made sense. Im gonna miss this show so damn much its pitiful. This is almost as bad as Carnivale getting cancelled

Finally finished Caprica and just WOW! I seriously think that I like Caprica as a whole better than BSG for real. It was just such a different and unique show. The stuff with Willie towards the end was weird but made sense. Im gonna miss this show so damn much its pitiful. This is almost as bad as Carnivale getting cancelled

Well, now, that's just absurd...

Dont get me wrong man I LOVE BSG, almost as much as I love Lost. Caprica was just sooo different man, there has NEVER been a science fiction series like it before. I just absolutely love how they portrayed the 12 colonies before the Cylons. With the Ha'La'Tha, the STO, V-world and New Cap City plus so much more. There wasn't one bit of this show I found boring or lacking in emotional resonance. I just loved it man. Im seriously sad that it is gone but it did have a damn good ending especially with that epilogue at the end. Just from that alone we could see that they had some damn intriguing stories to tell that they never gotta chance too

Dont get me wrong man I LOVE BSG, almost as much as I love Lost. Caprica was just sooo different man, there has NEVER been a science fiction series like it before. I just absolutely love how they portrayed the 12 colonies before the Cylons. With the Ha'La'Tha, the STO, V-world and New Cap City plus so much more. There wasn't one bit of this show I found boring or lacking in emotional resonance. I just loved it man. Im seriously sad that it is gone but it did have a damn good ending especially with that epilogue at the end. Just from that alone we could see that they had some damn intriguing stories to tell that they never gotta chance too

The epilouge did show that the show was just about to become the true prequel to Battlestar Galactica. I wonder if that was filmed after they learned about the cancellation, sure it said next season on Caprica, but Arrested Development always did that mainly as a f you to Fox.

Well, now, that's just absurd...

I loved BSG, watched every single episode the day they aired, only TV show I've done that with besides maybe Stargate Atlantis. But I think I may of actually liked Caprica more than BSG. But time will tell I suppose as I rewatch BSG.

Knew I couldnt be the only one. Caprica was truly a one of a kind. I rewatched the finale earlier and just WOW! I loved it so much, and like I said things were just starting to pick up. Good job syfy cancel the 2 best things you got going for ya in Caprica and SGU. Yea lets leave drek like Warehouse 13 and Sanctuary and that atrocious Haven on its like WTF! Even though I watch Sanctuary and Haven, Sanctuart cuz Tesla and Druitt are dope and Haven just outta boredom. Eureka is actually good but damn nothing can compare to Caprica

all of those shows you mentioned have better numbers

and Im not a fan of Warehouse 13 at all

I enjoyed Caprica just fine but there is no way it's better than BSG. :cmad:

Haven got renewed quite quick as well....it was probably the cheapest among the new shows

Does anyone know about when production will begin on the Blood and Chrome pilot and when it will air?

I enjoyed Caprica just fine but there is no way it's better than BSG. :cmad:

I agree... but it also didn't have the time to mature. IMO, had caprica gone to season 2, it certainly would have rivalled BSG.

I agree wholeheartedly. If Caprica had kept going, as it should have, it would've become the single most revolutionary and innovative science fiction series in at least the past 20 years. That's a fact. You can't deny that the pre-cylon universe they created with Caprica is one of the most culturally rich fictional worlds ever on-screen. It's just such a damn shame that we didn't get to see more of the other 12 worlds and we just got a taste of Geminon and Tauron. Starz needs to pick this up instead of Torchwood if you ask me (not sure if thats true, just what Ive heard)

Will someone turn off that music?! :cmad:

I agree wholeheartedly. If Caprica had kept going, as it should have, it would've become the single most revolutionary and innovative science fiction series in at least the past 20 years. That's a fact. You can't deny that the pre-cylon universe they created with Caprica is one of the most culturally rich fictional worlds ever on-screen. It's just such a damn shame that we didn't get to see more of the other 12 worlds and we just got a taste of Geminon and Tauron. Starz needs to pick this up instead of Torchwood if you ask me (not sure if thats true, just what Ive heard)

Them there be fightin' words!:cmad::cmad::cmad:
But what are you not sure about being true?
Torchwood: Miracle Day has been pretty much fully casted already and is about to go into production. And since it's on Starz, it's going to be dark. I don't think Caprica needed to go dark, or at least darker than it already was. It could have moved to USA (which I could see it fitting on) or Bravo.

I think people avoid watching SyFy because it has this stigma about it showing crappy movies about amalgamated animals and just bad sci-fi films.

Young Bill Adama's been cast:
'Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome' stars revealed: Here's the new Adama -- EXCLUSIVE
by James Hibberd

Who’s going to play young William Adama in Syfy’s highly anticipated Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood & Chrome?

Syfy has cast Luke Pasqualino (Skins — U.K.) as Adama. While Ben Cotton (Hellcats, Riese) is the other lead, playing Adama’s commanding officer.

First, here’s some official character descriptions that give you some new details about the show:
Pasqualino will star as the young, talented fighter pilot William Adama, a recent Academy graduate who finds himself assigned to the newest Battlestar in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly finds himself at odds with Coker (Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 45 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.

Blood & Chrome is set during the 10th year of the first Cylon war. The show will debut with a two-hour pilot on Syfy, executive produced by David Eick.

Here’s some cool Blood & Chrome concept art that hints at the look Syfy is going for.

What do you think of the casting?

I assume that, given that the kid playing him is only 20, this takes place before the Razor Flashbacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"