The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I still want some Final Five action up in this *****.

I am upset beyond belief about Caprica. I noticed a last week that it wasn't set to record this coming Tuesday and ugh!!!! Im so pissed off now!!!! It was starting to get SOOO GOOOD!!! I wanted to see the STO training camp! And what all was going to happen with Zoe and Tamara in New Cap City. This is ********!!!!!

ok, so Caprica episodes are still coming out weekly. The last three have been unbelieveble. They are awesome.

Finally the interconnections are starting to pay off, and I can't believe that Scifi actually decided to cancel the show. They are morons. Had any one of the execs watched the series up to these last three episodes, they would have protested the cancellation without a doubt.

spoil a little beware:

simply put, with the Taurons running Greystone, they are selling cylons to the OTGers on the black market. Lacey somehow has an special control over all the standard issue battle droids, probably a left over trait from Zoe's possession of the prototype. Both Adama's have just discovered what the Tauron mob is doing and are about to raise hell. Meanwhile, Greystone has allied with the Adamas in hopes of bring down the mob, and Greystone and Wife have ventured off into the 're projected' version of NewCapCity.

it is fantastic how the story is starting to come together, just now, after they announced the cancellation. It actually really grinds my gears.

caprica totally deserves a second season now. I'm telling you that the execs at sci fi didn't even watch the closing arc of this season... they never would have cancelled.

so the season/series just had its finale, and I have to say that it all came together very nicely. There was about 5 minutes tacked on in the last episode, which wrapped up the story nicely. Honestly, Sci fi could have granted them 3-4 episodes just to wrap up the story nicely... as a sudden cancellation ending, I think they coped quite well with epilogue. Although forced, by necessity, had the series had a year or two more to develop, the conclusion presented in the epilogue would have been a fitting ending.

spoilers

Willy Adama, is not Bill Adama... we see him in the finale. Notice the blue eyes. This was a suprise, and also kind of a poor use of misdirection. This was the only real big suprise in the finale. Everything else was great, but because of the conclusive nature of the episode, there's nothing really to get excited about.

all I can say, is that with the time aloted, they managed to deliver a decent finale, to a show whose life was cut short before even begining to mature.

so the season/series just had its finale, and I have to say that it all came together very nicely. There was about 5 minutes tacked on in the last episode, which wrapped up the story nicely. Honestly, Sci fi could have granted them 3-4 episodes just to wrap up the story nicely... as a sudden cancellation ending, I think they coped quite well with epilogue. Although forced, by necessity, had the series had a year or two more to develop, the conclusion presented in the epilogue would have been a fitting ending.

Personally I think Syfy should have told the producers right at the start they have 20 episodes to make a story and it ends there(the same deal with the new prequel they doing). People would more likely get into the series if they know there is a solid finish. Overall the final could have been better but at the same time given the circumstances it wasn't bad.

I thought in general the final 4 episodes before this were really good but sucks we didn't get any finish to the Lacy story beyond the 5 minute what will happen montage.

Last edited:
Personally I think Syfy should have told the producers right at the start they have 20 episodes to make a story and it ends there(the same deal with the new prequel they doing). People would more likely get into the series if they know there is a solid finish. Overall the final could have been better but at the same time given the circumstances it wasn't bad.

I thought in general the final 4 episodes before this were really good but sucks we didn't get any finish to the Lacy story beyond the 5 minute what will happen montage.

yeah, like that was interesting, but the idea hadn't been matured enough. But I could totally see that after another year, it wouldn't have felt as forced.

the last four or five episodes have been really great. Caprica should have gotten a couple of epis to wrap up.

one thing I really liked, is that Caprica ended in the same way that BSG did, with the montage of bots... bring me some Blood and Chrome now.

Wow after watching the last 5 mins i hope Caprica gets a mini series that links it with Bold and Chrome.

Have the last 5 eps aired on scifi? My dvr is still set to record em so if they have I dunno why they havent recorded. Im still so upset by the cancellation though

Have the last 5 eps aired on scifi? My dvr is still set to record em so if they have I dunno why they havent recorded. Im still so upset by the cancellation though

No they haven't aired on SyFy yet, but the Canadian station that shows them aired all 5. I think SyFy will air them early 2011(I could be wrong)

I feel like the show deserves a three hour miniseries at the least, to wrap everything up. Or a five hour season that airs over the course of a week, like with Torchwood.

yeah, Space aired 'em already... the last arc was really great. Me thinks that Space channel got the right to air Caprica early, after scifi changed the SGU night... so that we poor Canadians have to wait til friday to see SGU... so in return we got the final arc of Caprica early. Tis fair atleast.

Given how rapidly Syfy is cancelling their ****, I really hope they pick up Blood and Chrome for a full season.

I feel like the show deserves a three hour miniseries at the least, to wrap everything up. Or a five hour season that airs over the course of a week, like with Torchwood.

:lmao:

oh, that's a good one....thanks....haven't laughed that hard since I read that online petition for Syfy to pick up 'Dollhouse'

oh hush, you know Syfy wasted two years that should have been spent on Blood and Chrome with this BS show....

you know it, way deep down in your Grace Park loving heart

Those bastards had two Stargate shows running at the same time, they could've easily done the same with Caprica and B&C.

And Goddammit, if anyone but Bear McCreary scores Blood and Chrome, I will rage. I mean...
[YT]tkPeCiL5xho[/YT]
[YT]QsucUirycGg[/YT]
Need I say more?

I know he's doing 'The Walking Dead' and 'The Cape'....'The Cape' looks like baked ass so I hope that dies quick and he does do Blood and Chrome

If The Cape lasts more than a season, I'll be flabberghasted. End it, and then he'll be free.

The second one looks like it could be a pre-skinned Six or something.

Posting them here for easier viewing.

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220101-1.jpg

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220102-1.jpg

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220103-1.jpg

BattlestarBloodandChrome1220104-1.jpg

I don't really have much to say about the first and last picture other than that cylon looks pretty much the same as the centurions from BSG except with different heads.

The second picture is interesting, she looks like she might be a Proto-Six or an early hybrid.

The third picture being so evocative of Hoth automatically makes it awesome, however giant "cylon dragons" isn't exactly the direction I want this series to go in.

It's unfortunate that none of the new cylon models feature the iconic cylon "eye" that scans back and forth.

Yeah, I have to second the "no cylon dragon". That would be a step in the wrong direction.

New concept art, kickass!!!:wow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back