Batwing in front of the moon

Bat Attack

Mirth
Reaction score
I love that shot so much in Batman. It looks so real it's amazing it wasn't done with CGI. :up: Anyone else think it looks awesome?
batwing.jpg

That little scene always gave me chills. Its like a pause, because then it dips back below the clouds and comes screaming back towards the Joker, the music getting louder as it drops. Such an awesome piece of cinematic art.

Always breaks my heart to see the beautiful piece of equipment known as the batwing be shot down

One of the best shot of the freaking movie! All this kind of scene is just awesome to see

I still remember gasping when I saw that in the cinema

Like Dark Guardian said, it's that shot plus the music that made me forget the silly Prince song that preceded it.

Prince delivered so did Burton, Nicholson, Keaton and Elfman.

Excellent shot and yes, the movie stands still for a second and then the action goes on.

I don't think that shot could have been done any better with computers. It looks so real, just shows that a great Batman movie can be made without stupid CGI.

If it was CGI the camera would have zoomed around the clouds and then the Batwing would rocket past in closeup with flames shooting out its arse and then we would plummet back to earth while Jokers bullets ricochet of the cockpit. It would an amazing adrenalin pumping scene, boring as hell.

How did they do this scene?

I love Burton's early films that had special effects improvised another way then CG, like in Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Beetlejuice!

As for the topic, yes, I love this scene :o

Maybe they shot the miniature alone, then the clouds and sky/moon were a matte painting? I don't know.

I love that shot so much in Batman. It looks so real it's amazing it wasn't done with CGI. :up: Anyone else think it looks awesome?
batwing.jpg

Yeah it's classic scene from Batman 89. :up:

BTW that would be great wallpaper tho.

That scene is classic. It really sticks with you, even after so many years since you saw it for the first time.

One of the best scenes in the movie. For YEARS I gave Burton credit for that shot, but on the DVD they revealed that it was someone else's idea.

Yeah that was always one of my favourite parts of 89, nice pics btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"