• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

BBC One's The War of the Worlds

I love the idea of the BBC making a closer to the book adaptation. I have multiple versions of the story....Pal's, Spielberg's, the animated sequel, the 2 season TV series, and even C. Thomas Howell's 2 versions. But the closest to the novel adaptation so far is a low budget film from 2005. This was a movie made by fans of the novel who had no money or acting talent, but they put the novel on film - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

It being a BBC production makes me far more excited for this if it was a big screen adaptation.

I love the idea of the BBC making a closer to the book adaptation. I have multiple versions of the story....Pal's, Spielberg's, the animated sequel, the 2 season TV series, and even C. Thomas Howell's 2 versions. But the closest to the novel adaptation so far is a low budget film from 2005. This was a movie made by fans of the novel who had no money or acting talent, but they put the novel on film - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/?ref_=tt_rec_tt
I've seen that 2005 movie. I want to commend the filmmaker for making the most of what he had, but Christ did that movie need an editor. I feel like two hours of that movie was just characters wandering around aimlessly.

I was unaware of that one; I just grabbed it from Amazon to check out.

My favorite will probably always be the Orson Wells version.

I've seen that 2005 movie. I want to commend the filmmaker for making the most of what he had, but Christ did that movie need an editor. I feel like two hours of that movie was just characters wandering around aimlessly.

War of the Worlds (2005) is so underrated. Yes the son is annoying and the fact that he survives at the end is dumb, but everything else is top-notch.

The visuals have a timeless look to them, some amazingly unsettling imagery and the sound effects were terrific.

It's one of the meanest, darkest blockbuster films ever produced, and it's impressive that it stays so engaging for as long as it does. The whole string of scenes that starts with the carjacking on through to the hillside offensive is so damn unrelenting.

I was actually talking about the low-budget fan film that C. Lee mentioned above. Technically, two War of the Worlds films came out in 2005. And if memory serves, the director of the fan film was really pissy about the Spielberg one. :funny:

I enjoy the Spielberg one quite a bit, but the third act is borderline awful and I cannot get over the stupid design of the aliens. The tripods were great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"