Luther coming to BBC America

Not convinced she's "back" or that she's really there, especially based on that photo.

Enzo Cilenti's wife Sienna Guillory played Luther's love interest in a previous season
Supporting cast in Luther are cannon fodder.

I knew Enzo Cilenti was the killer from the moment his name was in the opening credits of the first episode. The notable actor who guest stars on murder mystery shows is always the killer.

Finally put a end to the Alice and Luther romance.

I'm glad that John and Alice never had a happy ending. The point is that these two shouldn't be together as they bring out the worst in each other and that it was inevitable that they would try to kill each other. Alice is psychopath and I have no doubt that she wouldn't hesitate to kill John if she felt that he "betrayed" her in some way which is exactly what happened. I love the character but I do hope that Alice is dead for good and she doesn't fake her death again as it would be a cop out.

I wish Alice never came back.
Well it looks the series 5 finale put the end to Luther and Alice relationship as she's dead now. It will be interesting what direction the show will now take and how Luther will get out the mess from series 5

Elba did want to do a theatrical feature for Luther. Maybe something like that will be next.

Wait, since the f#$% when was a fifth season of this made and released without my knowing about it?

It aired on the BBC probably. Has it had a US airing yet?

Nope; I watched the first four seasons entirely on Netflix anyway, so I'm waiting for that announcement now.

I'm confused, does the BBC person not like Luther?

Granted, white Jewish person speaking here, one thing I always liked about Luther as a character is that he wasn't any type of racial stereotype or preconceived notions. There's dichotomy and conflict within Luther, along with contradictions.

Like on one hand, Luther is this very progressively minded intellectual. On the other, he seems to constantly shirk the rules and take brutal vigilante actions against criminals. Also, I don't condone the lengths Luther takes. He is corrupt and not free of guilt. I simply think he's been on the job so long, it's de-sensitized him, so he has difficulty empathizing with criminals or murderers he knows have done wrong.

Last edited:
They didn't create Luther with any race in mind for the character. As a black person Luther feels real enough to me (besides some odd stuff like having duplicate copies of the same outfit).

Not sure of the context of the statement.

I'm not going to click on the link because it's the daily mail and clickbait culture war nonsense is their thing.

I never really paid attention to what the character ate (who does?) and he doesn't really have a social life. Everyone he comes into contact seems to end up dead or have their life ruined.

They didn't create Luther with any race in mind for the character. As a black person Luther feels real enough to me (besides some odd stuff like having duplicate copies of the same outfit).

Not sure of the context of the statement.

I'm not going to click on the link because it's the daily mail and clickbait culture war nonsense is their thing.

I never really paid attention to what the character ate (who does?) and he doesn't really have a social life. Everyone he comes into contact seems to end up dead or have their life ruined.

It's still a fictional TV show at the end of the day. Even the grittiest show, I can probably point out dozens of things that don't feel real or authentic. Sometimes it's easier to suspend disbelief, but who and what determines the acceptable level of authenticity in any TV show, other than really the audience?

As for Luther having multiple suits, I bought it because he's a creature of habit, he's a very obsessive loner. Also, Luther is still a larger than life TV character at the end of the day. They were giving him an "I'm Batman" type of moment.

Damn, is that Andy Serkis?

I feel like Schenk hasn't aged at all in like 14 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"