The Dark Knight Beginning of a new era; how The Dark Knight changed saved summer blockbusters

You'll have really bad summer blockbusters who try to disgiuse themselves as thought provoking, in depth films.
ie. Wanted.
That's 100% correct. The smart film makers are the ones who use CGI as a tool not as a plot device, in fact the best films are the ones where you don't even notice the CGI.
Exactly, I completely agree with what you guys just said. I love how you can find videos on YouTube of Nolan and friends blowing up an actual building in Chicago for the hospital scene and flipping the truck, two things which could have been done (probably) just as easily with CGI.

Nothing is going to change. Look at Pixar. They came out with the first completely computer-generated film in Toy Story. It was gorgeously animated, won an honorary Academy award, and was filled with rich characters and an engrossing story. What follows in its legacy (aside from other Pixar films)?

Barnyard.
Flushed Away.
Shark's Tale.
Madagascar.

If there's one constant in Hollywood, it's that it never learns. The Dark Knight was awesome, but that can only mean more crappy imitations.

Nolan: This country deserves a better class of summer blockbusters, and I'm gonna give it to them.

Nothing is going to change. Look at Pixar. They came out with the first completely computer-generated film in Toy Story. It was gorgeously animated, won an honorary Academy award, and was filled with rich characters and an engrossing story. What follows in its legacy (aside from other Pixar films)?

Barnyard.
Flushed Away.
Shark's Tale.
Madagascar.
However, factor in Nemo, Incredibles, Shrek 1 & 2. For awhile there those computer-generated movies were hot but now they're pretty hit or miss.

Pixar:
Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
Rataouille
WALL-E

I haven't seen the last 3 but I hear good/great things about them. If anything, it's the folks at Dreamsworks who are ruining the genre (yet made Shrek):

Dreamworks:
Antz
Shrek
Tusker
Shrek 2
Shark Tale
Madagascar
Over The Hedge
Bee Movie
Flushed Away
Kung Fu Panda

Actually, Barnyard was Nickelodeon and Paramount.

However, factor in Nemo, Incredibles, Shrek 1 & 2. For awhile there those computer-generated movies were hot but now they're pretty hit or miss.

Pixar:
Toy Story
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Monsters, Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Cars
Rataouille
WALL-E

I haven't seen the last 3 but I hear good/great things about them. If anything, it's the folks at Dreamsworks who are ruining the genre (yet made Shrek):

Dreamworks:
Antz
Shrek
Tusker
Shrek 2
Shark Tale
Madagascar
Over The Hedge
Bee Movie
Flushed Away
Kung Fu Panda

Actually, Barnyard was Nickelodeon and Paramount.

I'm not sure you understand what I meant. Aside from Pixar films, the rest of the computer animation imitators have been at best good to mediocre (Kung Fu Panda to Shrek--though I'm not fond of either, or anything Dreamworks for that matter). The films I listed in my above post were failures (if not critically, then box-office wise).

And if anyone wants to defend them, well...I know I hated those films.

Okay yeah I see what you mean, I'm a little sleepy haha. But Pixar seems to be consistently good at those types of movies, but the other companies have come in since and watered down the style.

Toy Story, Shrek, and Nemo all seemed like such big deals at the time, now it seems like there's 3-4 of the computer animated movies a year and not nearly as good.

Pixar are still above the rest by a mile, they always stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"