Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange

He did a superb job is all I can really say. He struck all the right chords and I totally felt my inner geek light up to unconscionable levels when he finally started wearing the cape. Another case of a perfect casting decision leading to the actor looking like they stepped straight out the pages of the comic books.

I'm on the fence as to whether BC was PERFECT as Strange. I am sure another viewing or seeing his role expanded in the next movies will solidify it as much as Evans has as Cap. BC was my first choice as Strange and I am still processing what I saw yesterday but if not perfect, just about near perfect lol. I have seen BC deliver stronger acting performances so I think that's why I am ambivalent about this being perfect because I know he can act the crap out of this role and the best is yet to come really.

I would say if he kept his British accent, he would've added something extra to the role. I realise he's American in the comics, but this is one of those times when they could've incorporated Cumberbatch's actual nationality. With him not having to worry about the accent, he would've had even greater freedom. And the British accent would've added a layer of gravitas to the part as well as an air of arrogance as the neurosurgeon. It would've also set him apart from the other Marvel heroes who are mostly American.

I think he did just fine with having an American accent.

Absolutely LOVED him the role. I'm glad that Derrickson was able to convince Marvel to rework the schedule a bit so that they could cast him in the role/film the movie after he completed Hamlet.

I was a bit 'eh' about him doing an American accent at first (back during filming when we heard he would be doing an accent), but I think he pulled it off pretty well (his R's slipped him up a time or two, but by and large... it was well done).

Can't wait to watch the movie again :)

Also, just a reminder (for those interested) that he's hosting Saturday Night Live tonight (Nov. 5th)

I would say if he kept his British accent, he would've added something extra to the role. I realise he's American in the comics, but this is one of those times when they could've incorporated Cumberbatch's actual nationality. With him not having to worry about the accent, he would've had even greater freedom. And the British accent would've added a layer of gravitas to the part as well as an air of arrogance as the neurosurgeon. It would've also set him apart from the other Marvel heroes who are mostly American.

Fanboys including myself would have *****ed about them changing it for no reason.

He not only nailed the American accent, it was a perfect New York accent also.

BC was praised by people who knew the actual character for his Boston accent in Black Mass, and just seeing his other works, the man is just a master of changing his voice for roles. The accent first took me by surprise in the trailer, but like anything Ben does, he sold me on it with his performance.

I think repeat performances will settle his position as one of the best cast characters in the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"