Official Rock Band 2 thread

Never heard of it. I haven't really looked at any other guitar controllers.

This is what it looks like. It's smaller compared to the RB2 one. The strum bar is tighter but clicks. The frets are raised, not flat with the neck like RB2. I personally like it more than the RB2 one. I like the strum bar better and I like the whammy bar better. If the RB2 one didn't angle up, I wouldn't mind it.

I actually have that one for my 360 because I bought Guitar Hero 3 right after I bought my 360. It's not a bad guitar, but I prefer the bigger Rock Band one. Its strum bar was definitely better than the RB1 guitar's, but I hear the RB2 guitar's strum is tighter and not as prone to slipping. The wammy bars are about the same for me; they're always in the way when I don't want them and never there when I do. :dry: I still would use the Les Paul if I had it for the right system, though; unfortunately, my friends got RB2 for their PS3.

Seeing as how both Axl and Slash would have to agree to have them put on there...No, I don't see that happening.

Seeing as how both Axl and Slash would have to agree to have them put on there...No, I don't see that happening.

Yeah, we will have a permanent Middle East peace treaty first before this ever happened...

Definitely stoked for Chinese Democracy, there are several tracks off that album I'll buy. Can't wait to strain my vocal chords.

I made GNRs current line up so I can play the DLC as them. Axl, Bumblefoot, Stinson, and Ferrer. I would have made Buckethead instead of Stinson, just to be cool, but there's no KFC bucket head wear.

I made Weird Al. Unfortunately there's no Hawaiian shirt available.

God damn the whole album is amazing to play. Some of the most fun I've had on Rock Band in a while.

Here you go.

If you've worried about your youngsters being exposed to the evils of rock music, worry no longer: LEGO Rock Band is coming this holiday season on PS3, 360, Wii and DS to deliver us all from said evil. The game, currently being developed by TT Games and Harmonix, will use all the existing Rock Band/Guitar Hero peripherals.

The family-focused version of the game will allow you to customize your "minifigure avatars" along with your road crew and managers. The kid-friendly song list hasn't been fully disclosed, but we know it'll include:

• Blur: "Song 2"
  • Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
  • Europe: "The Final Countdown"
  • Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
  • Pink: "So What"

Eh. If the songs are available in Rock Band 2, I don't really care. Game developers/publishers are businesses, and we know all businesses are ****es at heart.

The Lego characters look better than the characters in Guitar Hero.

Heh, they look about the same amount of plastic actually.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/...7856/pepsi-pops-for-free-rock-band-songs.html

Pepsi has always been keenly interested in youth culture, adopting slogans like "The choice of a new generation," "Generation Next," and most recently, "Every generation refreshes the world." So it's not especially surprising that the soda maker would align itself with a product enjoying popularity with kids these days, Harmonix and MTV Games' Rock Band franchise.

Pepsi today announced its "Drink Up, Rock Out" promotion, which will see the company dole out dozens of free Rock Band 2 bundles and thousands of Rock Band songs daily throughout the summer. Starting June 2, customers who buy specially marked 20-ounce and 1-liter bottles of Pepsi products will find a code under the cap. Codes can be entered at the contest's official Web site for a chance to win. In addition to those daily prizes, Pepsi will also have weekly sweepstakes to give away Xbox 360 systems and trips, among other prizes.

MTV Games vice president of marketing partnerships Christina Glorioso hailed the broad appeal of the Cream-like supergroup partnership, saying, "This campaign has something for every Pepsi consumer from those that love to rock to the fans that love to cheer on their favorite bands."

Yay, free stuff!

I'm glad to see HMX sticking with their plan instead of trying to compete against Activision and their barrage of new GH games this year. Just give us good DLC and not new games that aren't compatible with other GH games, thank you very much.

Those of you who haven't bought Jeremy by Pearl Jam yet for Rock Band 2... DO SO NOW.

I love singing that damn song.

I'm glad to see HMX sticking with their plan instead of trying to compete against Activision and their barrage of new GH games this year. Just give us good DLC and not new games that aren't compatible with other GH games, thank you very much.

Rock Band: Beatles, Rock Band Unplugged, Lego Rock Band

They may not be as bad yet...but they seem to have decided to follow Activisions way of milking a franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"