Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange

Glad to hear that Cumberbatch is confirmed to play Strange! I can easily imagine him being excellent in the role.

Enjoy.

[YT]N8_YQ7_Jo8k[/YT]

[YT]g3DACO72FNc[/YT]

[YT]3CpeCBFE_Wc[/YT]

Ok yeah wow...
I can totally see that. Your description of his voice like iron wrapped in silk is spot on my friend.

It's a wonderful coup for marvel. To be honest, I can't imagine anyone doing it better,

I'm officially caring about this movie now!

I'll just leave this here. It's cool though. :)

doctor_strange___mock_costume_concept_by_xteveabanto-d7rg078.png

While he wasn't my first choice, (Phoenix, McGregor and Hawke in descending order) I don't think anyone can deny that he's a supremely talented actor. The Cucumberbatch will make a great Strange! Next up on the list of Holmes(es), Jonny Lee Miller and Hugh Laurie.

Happy he was cast.

The backlash on CBR has been hilarious.

Happy he was cast.

The backlash on CBR has been hilarious.
You should see some of the comments on Facebook. They actually think he's too ugly, too young, or too bad an actor to play Dr. Strange. It's like being in an alternate universe where Cumberbatch is an untalented, grotesque-looking actor who shouldn't be in movies.

Whilst I would have preferred Gyllenhaal or McGregor I don't think it can be denied he isn't perfect casting unless you haven't see his work especially in Sherlock.

As for his looks, he seems to divide people completely, he has a massive fanbase of women who love him, but then others don't think he is attractive at all, but that is just the way of it.

I know a few girls who don't think Hemsworth or Hiddleston are attractive, I know guys who don't think Scarlett Johansson or Elizabeth Olsen are that attractive. It's all subjective, so I don't see the point of using it as a negative thing on his casting.

I think that Strange could pull in a load of Sherlock fans who might not normally go to see a Marvel movie.

BTW, I hope he keeps his British accent for the role.

Cumberbatch should be great. I still have reservations about the writer and the director though. They don't exactly have a stellar critical track record. I'm not entirely sure what Feige / Marvel are thinking in that regard but I am sure we'll have a servicable movie out of it at the least.

I think that Strange could pull in a load of Sherlock fans who might not normally go to see a Marvel movie.

Yeah there is no reason for him to be American in fact it could make sense that he moved to America in order to earn more money as a neurosurgeon that would play into his early persona.

About time! One of the longest drawn out casting announcements ever made.

Yeah there is no reason for him to be American in fact it could make sense that he moved to America in order to earn more money as a neurosurgeon that would play into his early persona.

Exactly. If they also give him a public school upbringing and maybe even say he graduated from Oxford with a first class degree etc, that would feed even more into his own self importance. He would think the world is his oyster and would even be a bit of a snob, looking down on everyone else (perhaps even other superheroes at first).

Cumberbatch should be great. I still have reservations about the writer and the director though. They don't exactly have a stellar critical track record. I'm not entirely sure what Feige / Marvel are thinking in that regard but I am sure we'll have a servicable movie out of it at the least.

Think the director will be okay. But am worried about the screenplay writers. Couldn't see anything they've done that shines.

I've no issue him being a Brit neurosurgeon recruited to a top hospital in the US to make his name.

Great casting!

He was not my first choice, but i am totally happy with him...

Now we need a good story and i hope, the director is a good choice - then we will have a great movie!
Many are a little bit sceptical about the Dr. Strange movie - i think, that it is a diffucult movie to make, but it will just be amazing!!!

Playing Dr. Stange is not easy, but CB can do this...

American/British - I don't mind either way. Cumberbatch can do American accents as seen in The Whistleblower, August: Osage County and 12 years a slave

About time! Glad they finally announced Cumby in the role. He's one of my favorite actors and I'm sure he'll kill it in this part.

Could? Sherlock fans are tumblr fans who are Supernatural fans, who are Marvel fans. This is definitely gonna pull in the tumblr crowd. And is actually why i've heard people say this casting is disappointing because they think this is a "tumblr casting choice."

It's a good casting choice because he's a great actor nothing more nothing less. Will he bring in the tumblr crowd? Sure But he will also bring many more because he's a talent. I expect this to do better than in any other MCU film, Avengers and its sequels not included, in Europe.

I'm predicting a lot of Strange/Loki fanslash incoming over the next few years.

While he wasn't my first choice, (Phoenix, McGregor and Hawke in descending order) I don't think anyone can deny that he's a supremely talented actor. The Cucumberbatch will make a great Strange! Next up on the list of Holmes(es), Jonny Lee Miller and Hugh Laurie.
Supremely talented actor?

Sorcerer Supreme.

Dr._Strange,_Sorcerer_Supreme_2.jpg

Great choice, and was my top pick for Dr. Strange, so I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"