Best 2010's Live Action Batman Actor

I said that I felt Affleck's Batman was more cold blooded about it. Okay, again it's my opinion which is something that you can't seem to grasp.
You can't seem to grasp that I'm not arguing against your opinion, I'm saying your phrasing could've been better.

You can't seem to grasp that I'm not arguing against your opinion, I'm saying your phrasing could've been better.
You can't seem to grasp that you were the one who initially misintepreted my comment :ali:

You're clearly someone who enjoys being contrarian and wants to be right no matter what.

Last edited:
You can't seem to grasp that you were the one who initially misintepreted my comment :ali:

You're clearly someone who enjoys being contrarian and wants to be right no matter what.
I interpreted what was written.

You said
"I'm not a fan of the cold blooded murderer Batman in BvS"

To word it in that way implies that being a murderer is what sets this Batman apart from other Batmen.

If you meant that you didn't like how much more vicious he is when he goes about his murdering as compared to the other Batmen, you should have said that.

You said

To word it in that way implies that being a murderer is what sets this Batman apart from other Batmen.
You claimed that you thought I meant Affleck Bats was the only Batman who has killed, you literally put words in my mouth and even when I clarified what I meant you still whined about not intially understanding my comment. All you ever do on here is put others down for having a different opinions than you or misintepret their comments just so it will fit your agenda.

"I interpreted what was written." No you just misinterpreted what I written and your ego won't allow you to admit it. I'm done and I will never interact with you again. You will actually be the first and only poster that will be on my ignore list, congratulations.

You said

You claimed that you thought I meant Affleck Bats was the only Batman who has killed, you literally put words in my mouth and even when I clarified what I meant you still whined about not intially understanding my comment. All you ever do on here is put others down for having a different opinions than you or misintepret their comments just so it will fit your agenda.

"I interpreted what was written." No you just misinterpreted what I written and your ego won't allow you to admit it. I'm done and I will never interact with you again. You will actually be the first and only poster that will be on my ignore list, congratulations.

Don't blame me if you lack the language skills to express what you mean.

You mentioned his murder as a reason for not liking him. And Baleman and Keaton-Bats are every bit the murderer Affleck-Bats is. They're not as vicious about it, but killin' is killin'.

I'd say Keaton is pretty vicious about it. :hehe: Smiling sadistically as he sends a strongman tumbling into a ditch and with a bomb strapped around his waist is pretty vicious. Likewise, turning his Batmobile around so that he could incinerate someone is maybe the most brutal kill in any Batman movie.

And Bale basically looks a man dead in the eye and says 'I am going to let you die in this monorail accident that I planned and orchestrated with Jim Gordon'.

Anyways I'm not disputing your overall point, obviously, I just thought that singular point was arguable at the very least.

I'd say Keaton is pretty vicious about it. :hehe: Smiling sadistically as he sends a strongman tumbling into a ditch and with a bomb strapped around his waist is pretty vicious. Likewise, turning his Batmobile around so that he could incinerate someone is maybe the most brutal kill in any Batman movie.

And Bale basically looks a man dead in the eye and says 'I am going to let you die in this monorail accident that I planned and orchestrated with Jim Gordon'.

Anyways I'm not disputing your overall point, obviously, I just thought that singular point was arguable at the very least.
Yeah I agree that Keaton's Bats was a little bloodthirsty and he had every intention of killing the Joker once he found out the Joker killed his parents. I can see where you're coming from with Bale letting Ra's Al Ghul die but he did rescue him earlier in the film and that was almost a costly mistake as Ra's almost destroyed Gotham so I guess he thought it was risky to let him live again. He still let a man die which I can't dispute but I understand his reasoning.

I have no issues with someone disputing my point, you were respectful and I like it when someone makes me reconsider my initial opinion. But I can't stand it when someone misinterpret what I've written and put words in my mouth without even asking me to elaborate further. I never once stated that Batman pre Affleck haven't all killed.

I'm going to sidestep the whole " which Batman was the most bloodthirsty" debate and go with Bale.

IMO he gives the most multi layered performance as 3 separate characters: 1) public Bruce Wayne the playboy, 2)private Bruce Wayne the obsessed and conflicted man and 3) Batman the rage fuelled vigilante.
Bale's biggest failing is the OTT bat voice in TDK and TDKR but otherwise he's head and shoulders above the rest. Affleck has a couple of good moments in B v S and has unquestionably better fight choreography ( although excessive choreography was something Nolan deliberately avoided).

I had a lot of time for David Masouz as the young Bruce - a role we haven't seen explored before. I thought he was as good as any child actor could be.

While Gotham itself started well it soon got pretty ridiculous and turned into kind of an extended B-movie the performances of Masouz, Pertwee (as Alfred) and Taylor ( as the Penguin) were superb.

I didn't intend to have "which Batman was the most bloodthirsty" debate in the first place:funny:

I didn't intend to have "which Batman was the most bloodthirsty" debate in the first place:funny:

Fair enough - but in the same way that when any group of cbms are compared someone almost always brings up TDK, if you compare Batmen sooner or later the kill count comes up, it's just a natural progression.

So, don't sweat it. Cheers.:batty:

Bale. Obviously. He was the perfect amount of darkness, rage, guilt and hope, warmth and compassion, he felt real yet special, and he's just the best actor of the lot.

Then Affleck because he was fine (not great) in BvS, and because I've never been a big Conroy guy, I'm not familiar enough with Mazouz, and have no idea who Iain Glen is.

So many Batmen and yet only Bale comes close to being good. I can give the kid from Gotham a pass, but the other 3 were just bad. Funnily enough, they all suffer from the same problems if you think about it. They're all dark, old , exist to prop other characters or build a universe but having absolutely no character work performed whatsoever. Affleck and Titans Bruce also turned a complete 180° by starting off as mudering lunatics, and then becoming funny guys.

I really hope Pattinson can deliver and I dont want to see Berlanti touching Batman again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"