Batman Beyond movie

Silver Lantern

comic nerd
Reaction score
Enough of using Bruce Wayne, despite liking him there have been 10 movies live action with Wayne and another one the way not including cameo in suicide squad movie and original 1940s serials with Wayne. There has never been live action with Grayson as Batman, Thomas as Batman, Jean Paul Batman, Terry Batman, etc. There needs a neo gotham film with old mix of old gotham showing Terry origin as Batman, Bruce as mentor only, ace their pet, and two villains spellbinder and origin of Blight near end. Should be blade runner type movie with great action and story and something new for a change. WB needs to think of something new for a change.

Any ideas, comments, drawings, casting, etc add here.

I would be so on baord with this, Terry McGinnis is the Batman we need. Bruce is so over exposed, we could use a breather.

I prefer Bruce Wayne as Batman to anybody else, but as a one-off yes I'd like to see it.

My vote by the way was 'Possibly if written good'.

I’d be there for it. Of all individual comic book characters, Batman’s got the most cinematic good-will. Use that, please. I agree that Bruce could take a break from the lead (he would still be in the spotlight, really.) Future Burton-verse should definitely be the first option in regards to approach (just don’t bring back Burton himself back :ninja:)

I was so gutted when the Boaz Yakin-Paul Dini project was scrapped many years ago. I was really looking forward to that script. Apparently the action scenes were off the hook and were deemed too expensive.

Seeing Batman with those awesome flying jet boots through the futuristic cityscape would be worth the price of admission alone.

What was amazing about the cartoon is how unique the technology/gadgets blended with the fights to create some amazing well animated and creative action scenes.

Who would you cast as McGinnis? The perfect casting choice is unfortunately too old now and that was Wes Bentley. He would have been perfect I think.

Also who would be your director and writer? My choices would include Del Toro, the Duffer brothers, Favreau, Gavin O’Conner, James Gunn

Cinematography: Roger Deakins or Aamir Mokri would be awesome

The director should be someone familiar with sci fi or future styles like matrix directors or blade runner director. With some cyber punk techno theme, holograms, future holographic tech, robots, flying and regular cars, mixed in and a world of new and old of Neo Gotham in 2039 that needs help as Batman hasn't been seen in 20 years. Ran by Wayne/ Powers CEO Derek (Donald Sutherland) with indimidations, police in his pocket as Barbara (Judi Dench), as commissioner tries to clean it up within like her father did and tries to live to his level but can't while still haunted by her batgirl past. Warren (Brian Cranston) uncovers a deadly virus by Powers who is killed when Terry (Scott Eastwood) discovers it and helps Bruce (Clint Eastwood) who wants nothing of his Batman days, bringing up the name even he shuts down and hides from it since he also feels responsible for Alfreds death 21 years prior. Matt ( ?? ) who idolizes Batman and mother Mary (Julianne Moore) who has her doubts of him as a hero. His first villain Shriek (Steve Buscimi) , a demolishing crew employee who needs money who is hired to kill the new Batman with sound suit when Powers is badly injured by a fatal gas then causes the hearing loss of Shriek final fight. Cameo by Jokerz gang lead by (Cameron Monaghan).

Best I come up with spur of moment.

I’m at the point where I truly believe that a Batman Beyond movie starring Michael Keaton as Bruce would be better received than a Matt Reeves’s Batman movie if it’s connected to the DCEU.

SL has a decent start. I'd like it to be written by Dini.

I'd be down for a BB movie if it took place in the Burton Bat-verse since it would fit in really well.
It's time to bring back Keaton and Burton. It's the perfect addition to this Elseworlds label that's starting with Joaquer

keaton is a must for me. Burton can be a producer too. a love letter to the burton films while spiritually continuing the story post Batman Returns.

It should absolutely happen. would be perfect for DC's elseworlds movie catalogue

I'm definitely on board with this idea, for obvious reasons.

Terry Mcginnis posting in a batman beyond thread.

Someone get Ja Rule on the phone!

giphy.gif

Terry Mcginnis posting in a batman beyond thread.

Someone get Ja Rule on the phone!

You guys beetlejuiced me alright. Been a member since 2009 (TDKR hype) and a lurker since 2007 (TDK hype), but haven't really posted in years. Used to be active on Batman stuff and the SHH fitness thread. Loved the creativity of the community here, especially all the manips that used to be popping up all over the place in anticipation of upcoming films.

Things have changed around here, but it's good to see a lot of the same names, you included, Narcissus.

Anyway, a long-ass time ago I thought Tom Selleck could've been a good old Bruce and made this quickly thrown together pic of him in the batcave:

bo9cSwx.jpg

Here's a digital drawing I did at roughly the same time of a live action Beyond batsuit:

1oP1ISd.jpg

Last edited:
A Burton directed Batman Beyond movie, that serves as the third film in the Batman 1989 series.... would be freakin amazing. It really feels like it has to happen now... it's just too obvious and too good to let go.

A BB movie would be great and a nice little change from any previous Batman movies we have had.

Not sure about Burton though with all of his quirks and style. I think he would be good but it would be pretty different from that cartoons. I think someone with more of a sci fi slant like Favreau or Gunn would be solid. I think a really interesting and potentially awesome pick would be the Duffer brothers.

A Batman Beyond movie with Keaton as old Bruce is at the top of my CBM wishlist.

But yeah,I’m not sure if Burton would be right for it though honestly.

I am surprised (not really) that WB wouldn't see the potential in this.

My ideal Batman Beyond movie...

Directed by Travis Knight
Written By Chris McKenna & Phil Lord
Music By Daft Punk

Cast:

Terry McGinnis: Timothée Chalamet (or relative unknown)
fb233ab1e38cb8fd55dfcebbfc709f3a3f6cfc2e.gif

Bruce Wayne: Michael Keaton
d2b76c78ec4d05f7b184b9534fbc2fabae148569.gif

Barbara Gordon: Jean Smart
f9c6516003ca06296864575f6b9ad6062c5baed1.gif

Dana Tan: Lauren Tsai
bf8bbc330663b567fcd00ef1d0822db4cd434dd5.gif

Max Gibson: Kiersey Clemons
49db8e96b9dfa5d3fa05f983adef0a17cf66a89e.gif

Mary McGinnis: Judy Greer
bfb28e94b9411a280420935da7818681cb11b72e.gif

Derek Powers: Bryan Cranston
210518b8190c9a3388af415704ae2078bcce2b60.gif

Matt McGinnis: Noah Jupe
336665eac4cdc6517196087dd2f90061a281ad00.gif

Inque: Sofia Boutella
cd337b721e61cce44ba564f26db13dfff0209363.gif

3H7Ksfb.jpg

Last edited:
Solid cast

I’d almost rather get this movie than The Batman.

Willem Dafoe for Joker

If I was WB, I would try to scrap the Akira idea and retrofit it in Batman Beyond.

I’d be down if WB were take a into the Spidey verse approach. Have Keaton voice elder Wayne so that way if their are flashbacks we can see what happened since his time as Batman. Maybe get Michelle Pheffier to voice Selena. Animated movies are a huge thing and it’s about time Batman has another one (since Mask of the Phantasm)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"