World Best Animated Wonder Woman

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
Which Animated Wonder Woman was your favorite?

And on a side note (unless someone wants to do a seperate one?) Favorite WW design?

14nok91.jpg

The Wonder Woman animated movie was basically the perfect template for a WW origin movie, imo, so it got my vote. What I'm hoping to see from this movie is something that takes the basic approach of that, and sprinkles in various elements from Azzarello's and Whedon's versions as well.

As for design, I've always been a fan of the battle skirt look.

Bruce Timm's WW in Justice League.

Just watch JL's "Maid of honor" & "Savage Time"

No Young Justice love lol. I would have to say Crisis of Two Earth's or New Frontier Wonder Woman then

I liked how she was animated in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, because she really looked like a seasoned warrior in this film, but portrayal of her character was best shown in the Wonder Woman film.

Last edited:
DCAU one as I am more familiar with her than the others

The Susan Eisenberg version from the Justice League cartoon.

The one from the animated movie is a little too harsh and tough compared to Eisenberg.

I'd like an animated movie with Gal's voice though.

I wonder if for any future WW animation they'll give her more of a foreign accent and do an imitation of Gal, just like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes seemed to try to do an imitation of RDJ as Iron Man.

I wonder if for any future WW animation they'll give her more of a foreign accent and do an imitation of Gal, just like Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes seemed to try to do an imitation of RDJ as Iron Man.
I was wondering the exact same thing. Watching the animated movies now, Diana sounding so American suddenly feels wrong. I guess Gal is officially the definitive WW in my head now.

I would love it if they incorporated an accent into future adaptions, especially if it isnt going to be voiced by Susan.

I haven't watched the 2009 animated movie in a while. Does it still hold up now after the 2017 live action movie? I'm not so keen on Nathan Fillion, especially after having watched a whole series of him in Castle. Also does WW feel too American now? Is the story even that interesting or does it feel a bit outdated? Does WW even look a bit too fierce compared to Gal?

The story's still good, imo, and I'd LOVE to see the Amazons take to battle in man's world in a sequel like they did in that film. But I definitely prefer our live-action counterparts over that film's (very good) voice cast.

I think the 2009 film holds up very well against the live action film. I prefer the new take on Steve vs. the modern kind of womanizer version of the animated film. Etta was a huge upgrade vs. animated (I forgot how she just flirts with Steve and is used as an example of a woman pretending to be weak for the affections of a man).

The animated film does a better job dealing with The Amazons/Ares though. That whole story I would've liked to have seen adapted. Themiscrya was a lot more mythical

It was also directed by a woman and partially written by one as well which was great to remember

But it is how I would expect a modern day origin story to play out.

I don't like the womaniser version of Steve Trevor. I don't think I liked the way Nathan Fillion played him either, and I'm bored of him anyway after 8 seasons of Castle. I think that's all I'd hear if I watched it now: Richard Castle interacting with Diana Prince. Hopefully that wouldn't be too distracting.

I definitely think we need a new one which is more in line with the movie. Or a new WW animated series.

Extremely disappointed no Wonder Woman animated show in the new DC stream service, there will be HQ but no Wonder Woman, they need to build the character for young viewers

Wow...nearly 10 years later and still no WW animated series. How times have not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"