Best Back To The Future

Mr.E.Nygma

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well perhaps it was done in the past, but for renewall or just to see, which is best? Most of franchises have the original as better but for this I go with Part Two. More action, more darker, more complex and a unique return to the first film while Marty and Doc go back to when they went in the first. So there are a lot of DeLoreans, Docs, Martys and Biffs!!!!!! Pure genius! There are a bunch of many good reasons why I rather the second one, though there are my three favorites movies, the cream of the crop. The movies I most watched next to the Batman franchise
What do you think??

BTTF1 was great, 9 out of 10.

BTTF2 was very good, 8 out of 10.

BTTF3 wasn't bad, 6 out of 10.

1 was great and some cracking lines "I just sent you to the future!" "I know Doc but im back im back from the future!" "Great scott!"

But i really like 2 i love all the future stuff in it and how hilldale has become run down because of biff getting the sports book.

As for number 3 its a fun movie but its not as good as the other 2

black_dust said:
1 was great and some cracking lines "I just sent you to the future!" "I know Doc but im back im back from the future!" "Great scott!"

Dude....that's from Back to the Future Part II. Think about it.

Kevin Roegele said:
Dude....that's from Back to the Future Part II. Think about it.
Oh yeah end of one is where the docs in his flying car "Roads where we`re blah blah blah"

My mistake ;) still a good line in 2 though :D

i think i liked 2 the best, but it's hard to say, because 1 was great, too.

3 was alright.

Mr. Credible said:
i think i liked 2 the best, but it's hard to say, because 1 was great, too.

3 was alright.

3 had a great theme tune.....you know the one.....

Tough Question! Obviously, it would fall b/w BTF I or II. As a kid I REALLY like II more, but as an adult I get the brilliance & originality of the first one....

I can't make up my mind:(

I personally liked the first one the best. The next two were good, with some really great technical achievments with the special effects and trick camera work....but they were lessened by the introduction of the new plot twist of Marty going balistic if someone called him "chicken". If he was so well known for this trait, he should have shown it in the first one.

I'd have to put one as my #1, it's a classic, great stuff
2 was good, I liked the future stuff, but, the story line was lacking
3 was funny for what it was, but, just didn't really make a whole alot scent, they were so, many plot holes in the story, though, it had alil more action then the first two. the lil things didn't bother me that much, like his great (great?) grandmother (or whoever she was) on his father side, was played by his mom, (I mean marring some one who looks just like your great mama, is weird even for Crispin Glover lol) but, if you think about it the whole concept of three was flowed, if the old Doc, from the present is in the past, and young Doc from the past still in the 50‘s, wouldn't the old Doc, still remember every thing that happened to the 50's him, like when he discovers that he will be killed, wouldn’t the future doc instantly remember that, or if memories for some reason cann’t travel to he’s future self who’s in the past, why wouldn't he just get it tattooed on himself somewhere he would notices lol that what I would of done lol
though ,the flying train was pretty cool

When 2 first came out I liked it better because of the Future parts (the hoverboard!!!). But now I like 1 slightly better than part 2. Part 3 has some good parts but overall, not as good.

I like part II the most because it's funny seeing an 80's take on the year twenty fifteen (2015).

I haven't seen the sequels, but I doubt either one of them can touch the first one, which is one of the greatest movies ever made. It's one of those films that truly has everything: humor, excitement, drama, romance and just about everything else you'd expect from great cinema.

They're all fantastic (I think number 3 gets too much ****), but the first one wins.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I haven't seen the sequels, but I doubt either one of them can touch the first one, which is one of the greatest movies ever made. It's one of those films that truly has everything: humor, excitement, drama, romance and just about everything else you'd expect from great cinema.
See them. Now.:up:

it's VERY close between 1 and 2, but two has the edge. also, both have two of the best finishing lines in movie history. :D

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need... Roads."

Doc Brown was badass there.

2 is my fave...I just love all the twist and turns and returning to 1955 and essentially Part 1 from a different POV...Talk about creative!

Part 3 although not as good as the first two is also very good as it is a return to the roots of the original film only this time the dilemma is on Doc.

Love the BTTF Movies! :up:

Spider-Fan83 said:
if you think about it the whole concept of three was flowed, if the old Doc, from the present is in the past, and young Doc from the past still in the 50‘s, wouldn't the old Doc, still remember every thing that happened to the 50's him, like when he discovers that he will be killed, wouldn’t the future doc instantly remember that, or if memories for some reason cann’t travel to he’s future self who’s in the past, why wouldn't he just get it tattooed on himself somewhere he would notices lol that what I would of done lol
though ,the flying train was pretty cool

The entire series in general is FULL of plot holes...just sit back and enjoy the ride! :cool:

one will always be my favourite...but i do really like 2 and 3 is still fun to watch sometimes.

1 is my favorite.
2 is very good, despite the plot holes (but they try to get away with them, which is fine by me)
3 was just for fun. It ultimately didn't have a point to it but was still enjoyable to watch.

1 is an 80s classic that I see as the best of them.

2 and 3 are really one film to me since they feel more like one big story in the same continuity than they do in conjunction with the first although that's what they're meant to be, it just feels different and a little more ridiculous than the first... They're an interesting, fun, probably some of the best sequels, only lacking the freshness and quality of the first one because really they weren't meant to be made, but were written after bttf was such a hit.

i have the most problems with 3 in that it's not really as interesting as the first two. 1 was about marty saving the future after accidentally causing his mother to have a crush on him, and has this recurring theme of marty never being on time that i liked, and a lot is at stake for our protagonists, not just marty wanting to get back to the future. that sets up a great conflict that's all resolved mostly by george finally growing some balls. But then there's doc's unwillingness to learn about the future and marty can't warn him about how he dies which is of course resolved with doc figuring what the hell and reading marty's letter.

The second turns everything in the first upside down and makes the stakes even higher because now marty's got to stop biff from screwing up the future, but it's handled a little too wacky for my tastes with marty buying the almanac and conveniently biff's around when doc's scolding marty over it. Then Biff somehow learns to pilot the time machine in seconds and successfully changes the past which creates a paradox that's impossible, but that's just how it is with the whole series anyway...

Anyway to me 1's the best, one complete near perfectly executed self contained story. 2 and 3 work as a cool extention of the first film though as far as the story goes, i think they're of inferior quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"