If the remake Back to the Future, how would you want it?

UltimateJustin

The Hype's Black Purist
Reaction score
I don't know if they're for realz trying to remake it or not, but here are the possible scenarios I have come up with:

Option 1:
A modern day remake (in the 2010's) where Marty McFly travels back in time thirty years to the 1980's and goes to his parents dance and everything.

Option 2:
A 2010's set remake where Marty McFly actually goes back sixty years to the 1950's, like the first one. Possibly because Studio Exec. X believes that the 1980's are not as visually compelling as the 50's, since back then they had Transformers and Nintendo and we kind of still do now.

Option 3:
Requel where Marty McFly's son goes back in time to the 1980's or possibly back to the 50's and interferes with the time travelling Marty McFly himself. WEIRD.

Option 4:
Something completely diff.

How 'bout NO BTTF REMAKES?

I think that'd be a good direction for them to take a remake...

"If they remake 'Back to the Future,' how would you want it?"

I wouldn't...:down

Why, some remakes are good for instance The Day The Earth Stood Still was OK.

But what's the point? Sorry, I just think it's a TERRIBLE idea to remake BTTF. A sequel maybe, but a remake?

:down

And I think Immortalfire might consider this a bannable offense...:ninja:

McFly fights the Morlocks or Jack the ripper.

Oh god, I would hope they never remake Back to the Future. This, Jaws and Star Wars should never ever be remade.

Oh god, I would hope they never remake Back to the Future. This, Jaws and Star Wars should never ever be remade.

You know, they should leak a false rumor about Jaws being remade...just to see how a certain poster will react. :hehe:

No it wasn't

Lol, I was about to saw I didn't hear it was that great...

tbh I'd prefer a remake to a sequel. a sequel would tarnish the originals while a remake would be a seperate entity

The remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still" was absolutely terrible :huh: :down

How would I want a Back To The Future remake? Simple. Dead on arrival.

Cant see how a SW remake could be any worse than the prequels.... oh wait, its Fox. Rothman would find a way.

Cant see how a SW remake could be any worse than the prequels.... oh wait, its Fox. Rothman would find a way.
The SW prequels were good though. Except for AOTC.

Back to the Future is all ready tarnished by Part III, which is just Marty sitting outside looking at hills for two hours.

"Lets make it an hour and a half, and, like, Darth Vader will be experimented on to have ALL the powers of the Jedi and Sith and will have two Lightsabers each growing out of his hands! YEAH!"

You are aware that Fox never had any say on anything relating Star Wars right?

How about McFly travels to the future to get the cure for Parkinson's disease? Wait, stem cell's could fix that pretty soon anyways.

I don't see any reason to remake BTTF. A sequal that is a reboot would be interesting. There's a clitch in time travel that caused the DeLorean to travel to present day (remember, it was destroyed in 3) where it's found by a new owner who just thinks it's a retro car and by some chance of a high speed romp discovers that it travels through time. And in that causes world peace through means of 'messing' with history. There's many things that could be done on the time travel/disruption of history angle. Of course Doc would some how manage to appear as he's created some sort of device that would alert him of the DeLorean's existance.

This, Jaws and Star Wars should never ever be remade.

Those last two would be pretty redundant now - Jaws has been ripped off more than any other movie ever made, and Lucas himself is already in the process of remaking SW with his beloved "Special Editions" every couple of years.

Personally I've always held the opinion that bad movies should be remade instead of good ones, but since that would be too much to hope for by this point, I'd prefer any BTTF remake wait for...oh, I dunno...about five or six more DECADES - I'm also of the opinion that if you're gonna remake a good movie, at least wait until the generation old enough to remember the first one is in the ground already. :oldrazz:

And I think Immortalfire might consider this a bannable offense...:ninja:

I do. But the boss won't allow it :csad:

This thread = fail.

The very idea of remaking BTTF = fail.

Thankfully, Bob Gale has been adamant that it'll never happen.

Why, some remakes are good for instance The Day The Earth Stood Still was OK.

BUT that was a little different.

1950s American movies are not as accessible to the general public, as it's pretty much an era that targets older folks or movie buffs.

So in theory, it's okay to remake The Day The Earth Stood Still.

But Back to the Future was made in a way where it's timeless (pun intended). It's still funny, easy to digest and watch, and charming.

20 some odd years later, we still talk about it. That means that it's important to people, geeks and non-geeks alike. That's freakin' powerful and let's not tarnish it was an "OK" remake.

So no to THE REMAKE of Back to the Future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"